Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Who do I choose?!

HOLY COW! An ENGLISH title. The fourth story. Yay.

Yuki moved in and Kay is debating over her feelings for him and Seto. When she dates Yuki, will Seto's jealousy lose her heart and will Adelinda finally be found? All will be answered here.

Chapter 2 - Who do I choose?!

Chapter 2 - Who do I choose?!
Another short chappie. I want to try and get two up today that get to the point so sorry if it is short.


"I...I..." The bell rang. "...gotta go." Kay took off running down the hall and nearly fell over her desk in Oral Interp. "OW!!!"

Cat walked in to see Kay hiding her face in a book.

"Kay, what was the deal with THAT?"

"The deal with what?" Anzu asked as she walked in the room.

"This new kid asked Kay out and as soon as the bell rang she took off running."

"What? no way. Who is he?"

"His name is Yuki. I knew him when we were little kids."

"So why didn't you say yes, Kay?"

"...."

"Ohh, because of Kaiba?" Cat teased.

"NO! Heck no, heck no, heck no, HECK NO!"

"I dunno..."

"What's going on now? What does Kaiba have to do with this?" Anzu asked.

"Kay likes him."

"I DO NOT!"

"...her denial only proves it." Kay banged her fiosts on her desk.

"Just because someone denies something DOES NOT make it true."

"Then don't make a big deal out of this."

"I MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF EVERYTHING!"

The day passed by gradually. Kay avoided Seto, Yuki, and nearly all of her friends. She only confided with Tiffany, Duke, Jo, and Miho, who knew very little about all of this.

During lunch, she ran off campus, past everyone and was out of sight before they could even stand up. She doubled over, panting, and called a cab. It came and took her to the museum where Ishizu was waiting.

"Thank you for coming, Miss Simms. We found the violet gem, but sadly enough, like you said, you do not know the yami who can be freed with that gem."

"Yeah."

"...are you alright?"

"Wha? Yeah, I'm fine."

"...you're lying."

"...why do you all keep doing that?"

"Well, I'm all ears if you need to rant." Kay sighed.

"Ok, this guy I liked when I was younger moved here. And he asked me out today."

"Mmm-hmm."

"BUT I'm in love with someone else. However, I don't know if I even have a shot with him, and I still kind of like Yuki, just not as much. So I don't know who to choose or what to even do."

"Wow, that is a problem."

"Yeah. And I can't tell any of my friends because if they knew who I was in love with they'd never let me live it down, and if it gets around school, I am literally going to be killed."

"Does this guy have fangirls?"

"How'd you guess?" Kay asked dryly. Ishizu smiled a bit.

"I'm lucky."

"What do you think I should do?"

"Tonight, take a long walk on the beach when the sun is setting. Make sure nobody goes with you. And just relax and think about it. You will figure out the better way to go." Kay smiled and bowed.

"Thank you, Miss Ishtar. Let me know when you find the other gems."

"I shall. Are you hungry, by the way? I was preparing to go and get some lunch." Right at the end of that sentence, Kay's stomach growled and she blushed.

"I will take as a personal yes." Ishizu laughed.

"Follow me."

Another day of school ended. Kay went home and changed out of her uniform. She had quit working at the fashion company because Seto paid her enough money for babysitting. She changed into a white tank top, a white jacket, and some jeans and sandals. Then she finished up her homework and ate a quick dinner.

The sun was starting to set when she left for the beach. It was such a beautiful atmosphere. The sky was orange and the water reflected the final ways of sunlight. Kay hugged herself and trodded sowly down the sand. She was completely alone, except for the distant sound of two or three seagulls and the slow tide.

She closed her eyes and remember her childhood with Yuki. The day they had first met.

Kay was running to get home and she rounded a corner and crashed right into a person.

"Ow!" They both fell over. She looked.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." She helped him up.

"It's ok."

"Hey, my name is Kay. What's yours?" she asked.

"Um...Yuki."

"You're the first kid my age I've ever seen around here."

"I am?" She nodded.

"I just moved here. Want to come over and play sometime?"

"I am not sure..."

"Why not?" she asked.

"Um...well...you see..." She blinked. "...sure, I'd like to come play sometime." She smiled.

"Great. Let's meet here tomorrow at noon, ok?"

"Ok."

"See you tomorrow, Yuki!" she called, waving as she ran off.


Kay smiled at the memories of playing with Yuki flashed through her mind. She remembered when she had hugged him and he had transformed.

"Yuki?! Where are you?!" Kay cried as she dug around his clothes on the ground. She soon found a small, silver rat and gasped. "Yuki?!" He hung his head.

"So...now you know."

"You can talk?!" she squeaked. He nodded. "That...IS SO COOL!" He looked up at her in surprise.

"You mean...you're not scared of me?"

"Why would I be scared? I think it's cool."

"Well...last time people found out about me turning into a rat...their memories were erased..."

"Oh...well...can we still be friends?"

"You wouldn't mind being friends with someone like me?"

"Of course not. Yu're really nice. I like you, Yuki. I want to stay friends.


And so they stayed friends. Kay learned about the Zoadiac curse. All was well, until...

Yuki was running down the sidewalk. He had overslept. Today of all days HE OVERSLEPT! When he rounded the corner, he saw the car starting to drive away.

"KAY!" She pressed her hands to the glass window and saw him. Tears were running down her face.

"Yuki!" He chased the car. She opened the window and threw something out at him. He caught it. It was a kewchain made of blue and gray beads with his name on it. "Don't foget about me, Yuki!" she yelled out the window.

"I won't Kay!" he yelled. The last thing he saw was her hand waving to him out the window and then the car was gone. He looked at the keychain in his hand and then walked home slowly.


Kay looked up at the sky.

"Is Yuki coming back a sign I should be together with him?" she asked.

Then her thoughts focused on Seto. When she thought of him, her feelings were so strong she felt like she would drown in them. Yuki make a slight tingle form in her stomach and it make her heart beat a bit faster. Thinking of Seto made it feel like there was fire and ice inside of her.

A burning feeling and a sharp jolt but it felt good. There was no way to describe how he made her feel. It was not simple, it was very complicated, just like he was.

Why did she love him? Not because he was rich or handsome, no. Because she saw the heart he kept hidden beneath the icy barrier. She had seen his more sensitive side. She had spilled her heart to him, and he had spillt his heart to her.

She knew he was not the cold, evil, ruthless buisnessman everyone saw. She was seeing more of what Mokuba saw; a brilliant, artistic, loving big brother who felt lost in the world like everyone else.

And she loved him, more than anything else in this world. Adelinda was not the only reason she was in Domino, the Kaiba brothers were her other reason. They completed her heart, which had been growing more afraid to really open up.

She was scared of being hurt and rejected. Kay had always been that way. When she was with Seto, although she was scared to admit how she felt, he made the fear seem to vanish along with the pain of the past.

But...it was time to face reality. He was perfect, and she was not. He had the affections of so many other girls. Girls far smarter, prettier, sweeter, and more talented than she could ever hope to be. Yuki was here and he wanted to go out with her. Maybe she was not evenmeant to be with Seto.

She was not willing to lose the awkward friendship they had. She wanted to be with him, even if that meant bottling up her feelings. She did that already. She bottled up sadness and pain. She could hide love too, right?

Kay sat down in the sand and looked up at the stars above.

What would she choose? The cold truth of reality or the possibility of real love?

DAMN that was corny. But I had fun writing this chappie. Now you know what happened in the past with Kay and Yuki. Let me see if chappie three can be finished today. If not, I'll post it as soon as Oma gives me more ocmputer time. BYEZ! XP

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on June 14, 2007, 3:02:15 PM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfKay will eventaully find out. It's so hard making decisions like that.

KionaKina on June 15, 2007, 1:38:13 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaoh I know. Love triangles friggin suck

fairywarrioress on June 13, 2007, 1:52:18 AM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressAw!! ^^
Poor Kay! What a hard choice! :)
And dont worry it wasnt corny!! lol

KionaKina on June 13, 2007, 1:53:55 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYAY!