Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A Traitor in our Midst

My fifth story is ready.

The three gems to free the yamis are found and Kay learns that she was connected to magicians in the past. And she meets Yami Marik and Blair. But when she uses the gems, something feels different...

Chapter 3 - A Traitor in our Midst

Chapter 3 - A Traitor in our Midst
Kay was sleeping peacefully.

"Kay..." a voice whispered.

She turned with a soft groan and continued to sleep.

She suddenly heard a scream and her eyes shot open and she sat up and looked around.

"What was that?" she whispered. Kay sighed and shok her head then walked into her bathroom to splash some cold water on her face.

She stared up into the mirror at herself. She looked a bit pale. When she blinked, someone came up to her side.

"You cannot escape me." She screamed and spun around, trembling. But nobody was there.

Suddenly, she heard a crashing sound. When she went into the living room, there was a broken vase on the carpet and her front door was swung open.

Kay heard thunder outside from the rain and when the lightening flashes, she saw the shadow of a person against the wall. She screamed again and ran out of the apartment and out into the street.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Seto groaned and walked down the stairs. Who the bloody hell was banging on his door at midnight?!

"I'm coming!" he growled as the pounding continued. When he opened the door, the sight before him startled him.

It was Kay. She stood there, soaked from the rain. Her hair stuck to her shaking body and she was wearing sweatpants and a giant T-shirt. And she looked terrified.

"Kay?!"

"He found me, Seto!" she exclaimed, her skin white. He pulled her inside and shut the door.

"Who?"

"My dad!" she cried. "He was in my house, I looked in the mirror I saw him. The vase in the living room was shattered, the door was open, I saw his shadow. I'm so scared, Seto please help me!" she cried in panic.

He didn't know why, but he was angry. Rage was boiling inside of him. But why? His fist clenched. Her face was buried in her hands. She was standing there, trembling and struggling not to cry. She looked so defenseless.

"First off, let's give you something dry to wear, you must be freezing. You can spend the night here and tomorrow I'll go with you to your apartment and make sure it's safe. That @$$ won't lay a finger on you." Kay looked up at him and a smile slowly started breaking out.

He had to admit, he really liked it when she smiled. When she cried it felt like his heart was being wrenched until he could not breathe anymore. Why? He knew he was growing to like her, but he was trying to get over it.

"Thank you, Kaiba-kun." She had stopped calling him Seto. However, for some reason, he had not protested to it. He actually liked it when she called him Seto. But why? It was just his name.

"Don't mention it. Come on. I have some T-shirts and boxers you can wear for tonight."

So Kay changed into a large black T-shirt and a navy blue boxers.

"Are you decent?" Seto asked.

"Yeah." He walked into his room and she stood there in his clothes. "Kaiba-kun..."

"Hm?"

"Y-you've helped me so many times...is there anything at all I can ever do for you?" she asked. "It makes me sad that you are so wonderful to me and I don't do anything for you."

Seto smiled a bit and walked up to her.

"Don't worry so much." She sighed.

"I guess you're right..."

"Besides, you help out by watching Mokuba so often. He's never loved a babysitter more than you." Kay put on a silly grin.

"Can't say I blame him. I'm just so darn lovable." Seto smirked and brushed some hair from her face.

"There, now that's the Kay I know." She smiled.

"What's going on?" a sleepy voice behind them asked. Kay and Seto turned around to see Mokuba standing there, rubbing his eyes.

'Nothing, Mokuba. Go back to bed."

"Kay? When did you get here?" he asked. Kay put on a thoughtful face.

"Um...a while ago?" she answered, sweatdropping a little.

"Oh...ok...night..." Mokuba walked out of the room. Kay smiled a bit.

"I like it better when he's sleepy because then he doesn't ask for an interrigation."

"Yes. Well, come on. You can stay in the room down the hall." Seto led her to a bedroom that I'm far too lazy to properly describe.

"Thank you, Kaiba-kun."

"No problem, sleep well."

"You too." Seto nodded and returned to his room after Kay crawled into bed. After a few minutes, Kay peeked an eye open and sat up.

She couldn't sleep anymore. So she crept out of her bedroom, tiptoed through the halls and down the stiars and into Seto's office.

She started up his computer and logged online.

"There is no way he could get into my house that easilly. I smell a rat." She frowned and hacked into her apartment building's security cameras. Kay was no genius, at least not Seto genius. But she was good with computers.

Her uncle taught her many secrets, and she could become quite a threat should she choose.

But she only hacked when the reason was important and she never left damage behind unless it was neccesary.

"Ok then, daddy, let's see how you got in." She replayed the footage. And there he was. That evil man who had killed her mother and Liz, then had the nerve to kidnap Adelinda.

He was let in by...DAMN, they were wearing a black hoodie, she could not see anything that would hint at their identity. She didn't even know if it was a boy or girl. And in walked her dad and the person handed them a key. So, they had taken her apartment key. ...wait, not a key. A bobby pin?! ...ok, oldest break in trick in the book. And then they disappeared off the camera.

Kay sighed and sat back.

Someone had completely betrayed her, but who?

Suddenly, she had an idea. She hacked into every other camera in the building. Soon, the person who had handed her father the key appeared. She frowned. They followe her dad to her room, and once he was in, they lowered the hoodie and started walking away. Kay's jaw dropped.

"Minako?!"

Dun...dun...DUN!!! I had no other ideas soooooo...HERE IT IS! I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know if I did or did not.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PandaChan21 on July 11, 2007, 7:17:23 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Kill her. I mean it, kill the hussy NOW!

KionaKina on July 11, 2007, 8:37:52 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaO_O *Hides*

animecrazyfan on July 7, 2007, 2:10:10 AM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanWOW!!
amazing chapie!!
woooooooooooooow!!
sorry I commented late ^^'

KionaKina on July 7, 2007, 2:43:04 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaheh, that's fine. Glad you like it

KhaoticWolf on July 2, 2007, 8:35:53 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfHOLY S***! Now I wanna run that tramp over with a train.

KionaKina on July 2, 2007, 8:38:52 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinadoesn't everybody? Hey, brightside, Kay and Setoness

Moon_Princess on July 2, 2007, 5:14:58 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_Princess*GASP!* O.O

Minako did it?! GRR! >.< *throws sharp and hard things at her*

Great chappie, Kay-chan! ^^

Oh, by the way...where's Adelinda? o.o


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 2, 2007, 7:09:02 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaShe was at the mansion and stayed asleep through the whole chappie. Don't worry, she's ok

Moon_Princess on July 2, 2007, 7:16:48 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessWhew, that's good. :D


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on July 2, 2007, 7:18:41 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaindeed it is

WingedSheep on July 2, 2007, 4:05:59 AM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep*cough*

why are you finishing your chapie in a most exciting place? :DDD yeah i know why.... dont think that i'm so stupid... -_-' :DDD

uh well... :)))) no i just have to wait for another one, right? ]x)

KionaKina on July 2, 2007, 4:13:31 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYup

WingedSheep on July 2, 2007, 4:27:26 PM

WingedSheep on
WingedSheep]x)