Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Too Scared to Speak, too Weak to See

Summer comes to an end. Kay cuts her hair and starts her senior year. Everyone is going through changes. (Either final story or second to last)

Chapter 7 - Too Scared to Speak, too Weak to See

Chapter 7 - Too Scared to Speak, too Weak to See
Kay walked outside to her car. She was going to drive Adelinda's stuff to the mansion because Mokuba had graciously offered her a home there and Kay agreed to it. She started the car.

"Hey Kay."

"Oh, hi Alex."

"Taking that to Addy?"

"Yeah."

"Mind if I come along."

"No, not at all." Alex hopped into the passenger seat and they drove off to the mansion. Kay exited the car and walked to the door and...right into Seto. "Ah, sorry Seto."

"It's alright, Kay." He moved out of her way and she walked inside with the bags.

"Hey Kaiba, what's wrong with you?" Alex asked.

"Uh, nothing."

"Mmm, sad about Kay leaving too?" He nodded. "Well...at least you'll get to say goodbye to her again later."

"Actually, no. I have to go to work."

"WHAT?! You're not going?!" Alex shrieked. Seto shook his head.

"No, I'm not."

"WHY?!"

"I have to work, I just told you that."

"Kaiba, how could you? Don't you care about her?"

"Of course I do! But...I swear, if I go there I'm gonna drag her back here. I'm putting her first by refusing to go."

"Y-you..but she...and you...and the-"

"Alex? What are you babbling about?" Kay asked, walking over to the car.

"Oh, nothing."

"Right...well, ready to go?"

"Yeah." Kay got in the car and gave a small wave to Seto before driving off. They got back to the apartment.

"Well, I'm gonna finish packing."

"Alright, Kay-chan." Kay smiled a bit and Alex sped to her apartment and dialed her cell phone.

"Hello?" a woman said.

"I need to speak with Seto Kaiba right now."

"Um...ma'am I don't think-"

"LISTEN WOMAN!!!!! This is a matter of importance, THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE IS LEAVING TODAY AND HE NEEDS TO SAY GOODBYE OR THE WORLD MAY STOP SPINNING!!!" (Yeah...VERY dramatic ^^')

"O-ok, I-I'll patch you through." After about a minute, Seto's voice answered.

"What is it?"

"KAIBA!"

"Oh no..." he groaned.

"Look, you have to go and say good bye to Kay. Her heart will break if you're not there."

"Alex, I told you-"

"SHE F***ING LOVES YOU, IDIOT!!!! She could not love you anymore than she does! And she does not want to leave but she is going for her future! She won't turn back, but she needs you there to get through this in one piece. If you don't show up, she might never be the same. Look, I'm not telling you to marry her or anything, just be there to say goodbye and prove that you care about her."

"...look, I have to get back to work."

"Oh, now I get it. You don't care about her at all, all you care about is your stupid company. Well, now it's very clear. Nice to know what you really feel. I don't know what Kay ever saw in you..." Alex hung up the phone and shook her head.

Seto stared at the phone then slowly hung it up on the reciever and looked back at his laptop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


They were at the airport. Kay was waiting for one of the jets from Industrial Illusions. Everyone was there.

"Kay-chan...we're all gonna miss you." Kay smiled a bit and hugged Kristen and Yugi.

"I'll miss you two. Keep in touch you two." They both nodded. Cat and Jackie were next.

"We'll miss you, Kay!" Jackie said sadly.

"You were like our sister."

"Thanks you two. I'll e-mail 24/7." Everyone hugged her, wished her a safe trip, and promised to keep in touch.

Adelinda and Mokuba nearly knocked her over.

"I'm gonna miss you, sis!" Adelinda cried as she started to sob. Mokuba nodded and looked up, tear stains on his face.

"Do you really have to go?" he whispered sadly. Kay bit her lip and nodded then crouched down and hugged them both, tears running down her face.

"I'm sorry, you two."

"We'll miss you and we're gonna write you every day." Adelinda nodded.

"That's right. And whenever we can, we'll fly up to visit." Kay hiccupped a little and nodded. Alex was last but not least.

"Aw, Kay." She hugged her. (A lot of hugging ^^;) "Take care of yourself."

"You too, Alex."

"Hey, listen..."

"If you're thinking about Kaiba it's fine." Kay wiped her eyes and smiled a bit. "I'll miss him but...I don't know. I'm sure he's just busy."

"Kay...you really oughta know he-" Kay held up her hand and shook her hand.

"We both know what you're going to say, but please don't. I don't want anything more holding me back. I'm scared to leave...but it's for the best."

"You sure about that?" Alex asked softly. Kay didn't answer.

"There's the plane..." Maria said softly. Kay looked outside and sure enough, there it was.

"Well...I guess this is good bye, guys."

"Yeah..." Kay picked up her carry on bag and walked outside into the sunlight. She took quick steps toward the jet. A man in a suit ran over.

"Miss Simms."

"Croquet." She smiled. "It's been a while." He smiled back and nodded.

"I will take your bag."

"Ah, thank you." He grabbed hold of her carry on bag and ran back toward the jet. Kay stood there for a moment and sighed. "Guess I'm really leaving..." She started to take another step when she heard someone call her name.

"KAY!" She turned around and her eyes widened.

"Seto?" she whispered. He ran up to her. "W-what are you doing here?"

"God, I don't even know where to start. I just...I couldn't let you leave without saying a proper goodbye."

"...Alex give you a guilt trip?" Kay asked.

"That's only part of the reason I'm here."

"Ah. Well...goodb-" He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. (This is from a move...I know it is...BUT WHICH ONE?!?!) She closed her eyes and kissed him back.

After...um...five minutes? Ten minutes? An hour? jk. But after a while, he pulled away.

"Kay..."

"Yes?"

"I...I don't think I can tell you what I want to say."

"Trust me, feeling's mutual." He smiled a bit.

"You know I care about you, right?" She nodded.

"Would you run up to me and kiss me if you didn't?"

"Probably not."

"Aw Seto...can you do one thing for me?"

"What's that?"

"Wait for me?" she asked softly. He nodded.

"Of course I will." She stood on tiptoe and kissed him again.

I'm too scared to say I love you...

He hugged her and then let her go and she walked to the plane. He watched her and sighed.

I'm too weak to admit you feel the same way...

She looked back one more time then smiled a bit to herself and got onto the plane.

But I'm willing to wait...

"Miss Simms, we're ready to take off."

"Ok." She buckled her seat belt.

To hear you say what I want to hear you say...

Seto walked back to the airport and turned around in time to see the plane take off.

And to tell you I feel the same.

Next chappie is to see how everyone fares without Kay and how hse is doing in Germany, after that, the epilogue and then my series is DONE!!!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KhaoticWolf on August 8, 2007, 7:28:13 AM

KhaoticWolf on
KhaoticWolfAwwww! I'm happy he said goodbye. I knew he couldn't leave her hanging like that.

KionaKina on August 8, 2007, 7:29:12 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaNaturally ^^

animecrazyfan on August 7, 2007, 10:12:28 PM

animecrazyfan on
animecrazyfanI loved the ending T_T
how Seto thinks.. and love the title and love EVERYTHING!
it's so sad + it's about to end...
you're killing me Kay *crys and sobs*

KionaKina on August 8, 2007, 1:11:25 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Pats your shoulder* There there, Sa-chan.

I have another story going starring Kay-chan. It'll probably be just as long and it follows the Yugioh story line a bit more accurately, so....ya.

And I promise, the ending will be...um...not...terrible?

Moon_Princess on August 7, 2007, 8:56:30 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessAwwwwwwww! *dabs eyes with hankie* That WAS beautiful/sad. TT.TT

I loved it, please update soon, okies?


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 7, 2007, 8:57:24 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI'm glad ya didn't start crying//wanting to kill me! ^^

(Yes, I have gotten death threats over stories before)

Moon_Princess on August 7, 2007, 9:00:00 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYou're my best friend on the whole web! I wouldn't want to kill you! O.O

But it DID make me shed a tear. *rubs eye*


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on August 7, 2007, 9:01:29 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI feel so loved. ^^

And I'm sorry it made you shed a tear. I was like "Must...make it...dramatic...and...sad...."

Moon_Princess on August 7, 2007, 9:03:06 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessLol, dun worry. ^^
That's what makes a story GOOD.
It would be boring if it was all lollipops and sunshine. o.0

KionaKina on August 7, 2007, 9:04:57 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaYeah, that scared me.

The point of the chapter was to get the point across on their relationship. They know they like each other, and all that good stuff..but...I dunno how to explain it. It's like "It can't be explained with words, it must be explained through seeing them and what they do and say" ya know?

Moon_Princess on August 7, 2007, 9:07:44 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYes! ^^ And you did a real good job at it!
When I was reading it, I could feel how much they love each other.
It's great. :D

KionaKina on August 7, 2007, 9:09:12 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaWHOOT!!! ^^ *Is happy*