Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A Mother and Her Child, and A Father and His Daughter

Manny X Frida

don't own the show or characters. just the story
might make a sequel to this.

Chapter 5 - A Mother and Her Child, and A Father and His Daughter

Chapter 5 - A Mother and Her Child, and A Father and His Daughter
Frida walked alongside Manny. “so, today your mom gets you?” she asked. Manny just nodded. “plus my dad says that she needs time to talk with me.” He said. “egh. Feel your pain dude. Feel your pain.” Frida said patting Manny on the back. “well it can’t be all that bad. I mean, I like listening to my mom.” Manny said, trying to not sound like it was going to be horrible. Frida shook her head smiling. “that’s not right man. You know this is going to be a time when she brings out a million books to back her up.” Frida said. Manny nodded. The appeared at the library doors. Normally no one is in the library, so it was all quiet. “well, I wish you luck man. I’m off to got eat churros.” Frida said, walking off. Manny closed the door behind him. “mom?” he called. It echoed about two times. He walked around the book shelf. He say his mom on a ladder, putting books in the correct order. “mom!” Manny called running up. His mother looked over her shoulder. “mijo.” She said happily. She climbed down, and hugged her son. “is it Sunday already?” she asked. Manny nodded. “well what do you want to do today mijo?” she asked. “let’s go to lunch!” he said, licking his mouth. “where?” “where ever you wanta go mom.” Manny said smiling, eyes closed. “let’s go to Explosive Burritos.” She said, ruffling up her son’s hair. “yeah mom!” Manny shouted, throwing a fist in the air.

“mija?” Chief Suarez called, entering his daughter’s room. Frida looked away from her TV. “yeah dad?” she asked. “I want to talk about you and that Manny boy.” He said. Frida sighed. “I don’t want to papa. That kind of thing bores me.” She said, laying back. “I want to talk about you, liking the Manny boy.” Chief Suarez said a little more serious. Frida looked up, and blushed.

Once Manny and Maria got their lunch, they went outside, and sat on the same bench that Manny and Frida sat on. “now Manny, I heard from Rodolfo that you and Frida had a fight yesterday. Do you want to tell me about it?” Maria asked, concern, hoping to be a good mother. “aw man. Dad told you about that?” Manny said sighing. “your father tells me everything. It’s one of his paranoia’s. If he doesn’t talk to me, we will never talk again.” Maria said, her brown eyes observing her son. “well, yeah we had a fight. What about it?” he asked, biting into his burrito. “well, it’s good to talk about things with your parents. It’s a fact.” She said bring out a book out of nowhere. Manny sighed, and rolled his eyes. “mijo, explain how such great friends, got sucked into such an epic fight.” Maria said, placing the book down on her lap. “I wanted to talk to her about something important that we’ve seem to put off for years, but she wouldn’t listen.” Manny said. He placed his chin in his cupped hand. “what have you two put off for years?” Maria asked innocently, even though she knew. Manny’s eyes darted open, and he blushed a little. “well, about how we are friends and… well… I, um.” Manny said, stuttering, trying to find the words to explain his feelings.

“what is there to talk about dad?” Frida asked, calming down, knowing she could just blow this over. Her dad didn’t care as much about boys as Manny’s did about girls. She knew if she seemed cool with it, he would understand, and just leave. “you know that I don’t like this boy Frida.” Her dad began. “more like hate him.” Frida mumbled. “ok, yes I hate the boy, but I just worry about your safety. He gets into trouble with his even grandfather, and you may get hurt while he’s fighting crime.” Chief Suarez explained, stepping closer to the bed. It was dark in Frida’s room, with the dim light coming from the window, and the light coming from the muted TV. “I never get hurt dad. Nothing bad comes from me and him being together… er, I meant to say, hanging out.” Frida said. Chief Suarez shook his head, and grunted. “but you did get hurt. He might not hurt you physically all the time, but he did hurt you emotionally.” He said, his eye blinking. Frida sighed. “it was one time dad. Me and Manny are great friends, we can come over these things.” Frida said, sitting up, crossing her legs. Her father’s boots thumping on the ground as he walked to her bed. He sat himself sighing as he did. “I know mija. That’s the thing. You guys are more than just friends. I remember when he first showed up at our door.

A young 6 year-old boy stood at the door. The Chief of police opened it, and confusion scrunched up in his face. “who are you?” he had asked. Manny stood there, swaying back and forth, smiling. “Frida said she lived here.” he said, pulling out a post-it. The man swiped it out of the boy’s hand, and read it. It had their address, and said come day hi. He grunted. “Frida!” he called, turning around. The blue haired 6 year old came skipping down the stairs, and stepped in front of her father. “yeah dad?” she asked, her little girl voice kicking in. “who is this boy?” he asked stepping out of the way. Frida waved, Manny waved back. “he’s my new friend dad! He has a name!” Frida said. Her father grunted. “my name is Manny Rivera.” The boy said sweetly. “Rivera…” the cop said, scrunching up his eyes, and glaring at the boy. “come on let’s go play!” Frida said, grabbing the boy’s arm. The two ran out of the officer’s sight. He sighed, but smiled that his little mija was happy.”

“I know. And you hated him since.” “that’s not the point Frida. I know that you like Manny. I can’t prevent who you love, but I just want you to know that I’ll always be here for you if he hurts you again.” He said, patting her leg, and standing up. “I’m glad we could have this talk.” He said, walking out. Frida sighed.

“I know mijo.” Maria said, placing her hand on his shoulder. “now come on, why don’t you go back home to Rodolfo. I had fun with you at lunch.” She said smiling. “ok. Bye mom, I love you.” Manny said hugging his mom. He felt her curly brown hair. “love you to Manny.” Maria said, patting her son.

--

hey what'a know? since Manny and Frida can't talk about it, their parents will! just wanted to enter some talking between parents and children.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment