Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Hole In My Life

A Shaman King fan fiction that's a little bit twisted into a fantasy novel type thing, but not enough to shame the author.

Chapter 2 - A Hole In My Life

Chapter 2 - A Hole In My Life
Once Upon A Grey Day
A "Shaman King" fan fiction by the ultimate "Shaman King" guru. I've made a few twists, but not so many it insults the author. I adore Hiroyuki Takei.
---
Disclaimer: I do not own the manga and/or anime "Shaman King" or any traits reffering to it in any way, for I am not Hiroyuki Takei and I did not sit in a studio for thirteen hours a day surrounded only by pen, paper, and a few assistant mangakas. Not yet, at least (lol). However, any Ladies-In-Waiting you may find I own, as well as any Knights, villagers, Princesses, ect. The two main characters I really wish to put highlights on are Finn and Ryce, the two main female characters. It takes a while to get used to personalities such as these characters, and I'm fairly proud of them.
Also!:
[/u][/u][/i][/b]Of course, everything about the names and such are posted on the first chapter and introduction pages, so I won't waste the strength in my fingers to type all of it up again. A few more characters I would love to put highlights on:

1) Lady Finn, Jun's lead Lady-In-Waiting
2) Princess Ryce Tao, Ren's bossy twin sister
3) Lady Alene, Finn's dearest friend and librarian as well as tutor to Princess Ryce and Prince Ren
4) Sir Haiyess, Finn's elder brother and Knight to the Tao family and would-be Princess Ryce's fiance
5) Sir Xavior, Knight to the Tao family and would-be Lady Alene's fiance
6) Sir Kenric, Knight to the Tao family and would-be Lady Finn's fiance

The three main girls in my story are Lady Finn, Princess Ryce, and Lady Alene. As well as their would-be fiances. Yep, yep, they're mine. All are based on real live people, including the would-be fiances, so judging them would be a sin; as well as stealing anybody's characters in the first place, unless you have a disclaimer. Dislcaimers are good things. ^_^

---

Once Upon A Grey Day
Chapter Two
A Hole In My Life

        
The next few days dragged on like a hot day in Hell. No more Princesses had come to be interviewed, and the afternoons were moving on rather sluggishly. Except for Ryce, whom felt rather proud of herself for making the twelfth Princess fail the test. She could have hugged herself, she was so confident. Ryce went on through the next few days singing and humming, skipping and dancing, and over all loving life. The smile never left her face, even in the pressence of her brutal father.
        Things were going differently for Ren. He was beyond depressed. Everything seemed to annoy him, making him raise an eyebrow and roll his eyes. It wasn't as if he'd ever smiled in the first place, but the kid just didn't seem too cheerful. Nothing-- not even the lessons he received from another Lady-In-Waiting-- could cheer him up.
        "Ren?" Alene asked one day, pushing her glasses closer to her chocolate-brown eyes. "Is something troubling you at all?"
        Ren simply shrugged as if that would get rid of all of his problems. Not very many things humored him-- Alene knew this-- but he'd been particularly upset lately.
        Alene pushed her red bangs away from her face and messed with her ponytail that hung tied by her neck. She was the librarian of the residence. Often times, when you went into the large room that sheltered so many books, Alene wouldn't even notice your pressence. Her eyes would be scanning the letters engraved on the white sheets of paper protected by a hard, wood cover. Books. Oh, yes, Alene loved books. The best idea of a good time in Alene's mind would be a chilly winter's night, curled up in a blanket next to the fireplace with a warm mug of hot chocolate and a book. The typical, every day book-worm.
        The study in which Alene taught Ren and Ryce what normal teenagers won't learn until college had an extremely high ceiling. Book shelves full-- not a single space for another book to take refuge-- they reached all the way up to the ceiling. A person had to use a ladder to reach the top, which always made Alene wonder how exactly the books up there were stacked so neatly from such a high area. Did they pick themselves up and climb to the top? Or did regular people have to levitate them to put them up there? Questions almost always loomed in Alene's mind. Still, she never spoke of what she thought. "Nonsense!" Everybody would say. "You're crazy. A complete lunatic!"
        Everybody but Lady Finn, Alene's greatest friend in these times of despiration.
        "Ren." Alene's voice was a bit more assertive than usual. "Don't hide things from me. I have sources."
        "Yeah? Like what?"
        Ren impatiently tapped his fingers on the surface of the desk. A smug smile crept across Alene's face. "Oh, I don't know," she said with sarcasm. "Maybe the array of Knights that salute you every day. Maybe the Ladies-In-Waiting than can only dream of being a Princess to win your love."
        "I don't want love," Ren insisted. "I just want to be left alone."
        Alene chewed on the end of her pencil. Not a moment after his words, Ryce came into the study.
        "Hello, my darling brother, dear!" She said in song, wrapping her arms kindly around her brother's neck. "Are we having a bad day?"
        Ren didn't answer, which only caused Ryce to act up more.
        "Have a headache?" She asked. "Is your head ready to explode? Anxiety building in your heart and seeping at your soul, dear brother? Or is it the depression keeping your thoughts bound because that one little Princess was not able to pass the test."
        "Stop, Ryce," Ren ordered. "You're acting childish."
        "And you're acting too grown up," Ryce whined. "Come on. Let's skip out on lessons today and go train out in the back yard. What do you say, brother? Or are you too grown up for training now?"
        Ren shrugged off her grasp and stood from his seat. "If I were to fight with you right now, I'd rip your spleen out while you watched, sister," he said, bitterly. "That's how much you are pissing me off."
        Ryce giggled a little bit, sounding a bit disturbed for a moment and making Alene shudder.
        "Silly brother," Ryce cooed. "Don't you want to play with your sister anymore?"
        Ren made a sour face. He felt like spitting in her direction. She'd been acting sick lately. "I'd rather tear my fingernails out with plyers." He growled.
        Ryce glared at him. "Whatever," she complained. "Just remember that I'm still your sister. Your twin, to be precise. My dear brother, try as you might, you cannot change my birth, and you cannot change yours."
        Just you wait, Ren wanted to shout. You'll see. My purpose in life will be complete the day that you rust on my blade.
        However, rather than spouting off what would sound like nonsense to his imp of a sister, he simply stuffed his hands in his pants pockets, walked in the opposite direction and pretended to examine a few books.
        "Interesting." Alene said. Ryce almost hadn't noticed she was there. "I can see that there's a bit of emotional tension going on here."
        Ryce snickered. "And did you figure that one out all one your own?" There was sarcasm in her tone. "What a smart little librarian you must be."
        "Don't be snippy, Ryce," Alene snapped. "You may be the Princess, but if not for me, you wouldn't have the knowlegde to even know the answers the the questions you give to those poor Princesses."
        Ryce smirked. "Right, right."
        She ran a finger across the table as she made her way over to a chair. Immediately, she sat down and wiped off the dust that had been left on her fingertip.
        Dearest brother, she thought, her inhuman stare moving towards Ren. You don't even know it. But slowly, surely, you're beginning to give in to me.
        
        Suddenly, Ren felt a sudden jolt in the sid e of his head, which soon after erupted into a raging headache. He decided he had had enough for one day, and left the library so that he could rest in his bedroom. It had been a long day even before his meeting with Ryce and Alene.
        
----

That's all for now, folks!

What is it Ryce is truly planning?
Will Ren ever fall in love?
Will my chapters ever be a bit longer?

Find out NEXT TIME!

Please R&R!

-Larken

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment