Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Baka kitsune: Stupid fox

Chapter 2 - Baka kitsune: Stupid fox

Chapter 2 - Baka kitsune: Stupid fox
Disclaimer: Didn’t say it in the first chapter, because I spaced out. -.-;; Don’t own yuyu, Kurama, Hiei, or Yusuke (so far ~-^). Again, for this chapter; don’t own anything having to do with Yu Yu Hakusho.

If I did, then Kura-kun would be on a secluded island, free of fangirls, tending to his roses and living alone with his kasaan in simple happiness. =^-^=

Hi-kun would be on another island, where countless numbers of demons would challenge his skills daily, making him a better fighter.

Yusuke . . . don’t care what happens to him ^-^;; Guess I’d stick HIM on an island with an annoyed Kaoru (RK), a ticked-off Sango and Kagome (Inu-Y), an angry Keiko, and a grouchy Genkai . . .

He would be SO DEAD lol.

Btw: This chapter is in Kurama’s POV . . . and please review, because I have a sneaky suspicion that absolutely NO ONE is reading this . . . ::unhappy tear:: u.u.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I sighed at Yusuke’s profanity, closing my eyes briefly before opening them after a while to look down at a very irate little youkai that was now staring, unbelieving and confused, into the bathroom mirror . . . no matter that they had switched minds, the short Jaganshi’s body was still half koorime, half fire demon, possessed a third eye, and, despite the lack of its true owner’s personality, still incredibly . . . attractive . . .

I blinked. No, I couldn’t think that way now. If I gave in to the physical attraction I had for Hiei, then I would lose his trust for certain . . . and that would destroy any chance of—

“What happened, Kurama?” Yusuke asked, Hiei’s voice sounding strangely confused and frightened . . . something I never thought I would hear. I sighed again.

“I’m not quite sure. Perhaps we could discuss it on the way to your house, Yusuke.” He looked at me, those crimson eyes that were usually so intense and focused . . . now I could read them like a book. I felt a stab of pain each time I looked into those familiar eyes and found someone else staring back at me . . . someone who was most definitely NOT my demon friend and fighting partner.

“Why MY house, Kurama?” Yusuke asked in that oh-too-familiar baritone, though it missed the sharp, annoyed feeling Hiei laced his every word with . . . I shook myself out of the trance. I had forgotten that he was ningen. There were some things I needed to clarify.

“Just follow me. I’ll explain on the way.” I walked out the door, Yusuke following behind. We had walked for a while in silence, and I noticed Yusuke looking up around at his surroundings . . . Hiei was considerably short, there was no way around it.

“So, Kurama . . . why are we going to my house again?” He said slowly, and I knew that he was just as aware as I was that the voice he spoke with was anything but his. I sighed for what felt the fifth time that night.

“If my assumption is correct, then Hiei is most likely in a situation very alike to what YOU are experiencing, Yusuke.” There was silence, and I looked down to see Hiei’s small mouth hanging open in utter confusion. I looked hungrily at that mouth, those lips, I wanted to—no. I couldn’t. He wasn’t Hiei. He wasn’t . . . I forced out a smile and explained bluntly.

“Since you are in Hiei’s body, he is most likely in yours.” I said, hiding the pain I was feeling. Hi—Yusuke nodded his head, the cloudiness dissolving from the red eyes, and turned them forward once again. The rest of the walk was in silence. The sun had long set, and I could now remember what Hiei had said to me only a few hours before . . .

(::flashback::)

“Hello, Hiei.” I said to the silent figure who, just as silently, had entered my room a moment before.

“Hn.” I received in response from the window sill. I chuckled, and put down my book, turning to the short Jaganshi.

“Yes, what is it, Hiei?” I asked in a simple, no-nonsense manner. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye, then resumed staring out at the world again.

“Hn. I don’t need your help, if that’s what you’re thinking, kitsune.” I chuckled.

“No, of course not . . . gomen. I was mistaken.” I said, a teasing undertone in my voice.

“Hn! Baka kitsune.”

After a while I began to get ready for bed, as I had nothing else to do. I turned off the light and started to change quickly into my night clothes. I was just putting on my upper clothing when Hiei spoke again.

“You almost got yourself killed today, fox.” My head shot up, looking across the dark room to find Hiei still staring out the window. I finished buttoning up my shirt before answering.

“That’s happened to me many times over the years, Hiei. I’m not sure my life as a youko would have ever been exciting if it didn’t involve a little risk.” He ‘hn’ed, and then turned his head to face me, crimson eyes locking with my own emerald ones.

“You used all of your reiki to hold those vines, Kurama. In addition to your physical wounds, it’s miracle that ningen body of yours didn’t collapse.” My eyes narrowed as I met his stare.

“Ningen are tougher than you think, Hiei. And stronger in some aspects.”

“Hn! There will NEVER be a day when a ningen is stronger than me, fox!” He said, holding most of his annoyance in check. I replied evenly.

“Then what about Yusuke? HE beat you.” Those ruby eyes glittered with anger at the memory, and his next words came out in a low growl.

“Revenge is nothing without patience, baka kitsune.” And he flitted out of the room, though I could feel him settling himself in a branch by my window. I sighed, briefly wondering why I was going to bed so early tonight, before drifting off—

(::end of flashback::)

And, a few hours later, I was to be startled awake by a loud crashing sound coming from outside my window. I brooded inwardly, my eyes cast down in deep thought. I wondered how Hiei was adapting to all this . . .

“—ama.” Now I realized Yusuke was poking my arm. I looked down at him . . . it was really rather odd . . . having to look so far DOWN at someone that was usually at my height.

“Gomen, Yusuke. What did you say?” He pointed at something in front of me. I turned to face it and sweatdropped at the name next to the door. We had arrived at the Urameshi residence, me being too lost in my inner musings to notice it. I took a deep breath and knocked, praying to Inari that Yusuke’s mother would not be at home.

. . . . . . .

When no one answered, I tried again, knocking a little louder.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I was about to knock again when Yusuke pushed the door open and walked inside. I dropped my hand quickly and followed him in. I suppose it WAS his house, after all . . . he ran upstairs to his room, me following close behind, to find a very annoyed-looking, average height black-haired boy staring at us from a chair, his arms crossed and the brown eyes set into Hiei’s trademark death glare. When Yusuke entered those eyes flashed momentarily, and the spirit detective froze. That gaze then traveled to me, and I felt a surge of electricity run through me. This . . . was Hiei. Yusuke was the first to break the silence, and I noticed Hiei’s eyes narrow as he heard his voice spoken through another’s mouth.

“Hey Hiei! Anything odd happen recently?” At this, my friend stood, appearing in front of us not in an instant, but rather quick, nonetheless. Then I remembered that their speeds were nearly equal.

“Hn. What do YOU think, baka ningen.” The youkai-turned-teen said in Yusuke’s usually rebellious, but now calm and cold, voice. His gaze slowly shifted to me, and I felt a surge of pain again. The hidden emotions behind the eyes were most definitely Hiei’s, although . . . the color and the height of them most certainly were not. I swallowed, finally speaking.

“Hello, Hiei.” Being a sharp demon, he naturally noticed my momentary hesitation and his eyes narrowed at what he most likely perceived as pity.

“Baka kitsune. You’d better have a plan for this.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

^-^ Guess what?!? I just saw the uncut version of Kurama’s fight in the Dark Tournament against Karasu . . .

It was very bloody. ::shivers::

BUT IT WAS SO COOL!!! =^-^=

Especially when youko Kurama appeared . . . =^-^=

Truly worth the $25 to buy it . . .

::sighs:: There’s one day’s babysitting wages gone down the drain . . .

BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! lol

Again, please please PLEASE review . . . otherwise I feel like this fic is a waste of time and effort . . . because it seems like no one’s reading it . . . ‘cause no one’s reviewing . . . ::sighs unhappily:: . . .

- Kita out

u.u... (a trail of tears . . .)

Ja ne, minna-san.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment