Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Ningen: Human

Chapter 3 - Ningen: Human

Chapter 3 - Ningen: Human
0.0 . . . . . I GOT THREE WHOLE REVIEWS!! YAY!!

=^-^=

Arigato to Curry and Tesu!! =^-^= You’ve made me feel that this fic is worth writing (for now, at least ~-^!!

And to Moose-chan . . . thanks so much lol!! I remember your name, I read a lot of your fics . . . and they were all good (though the names escape me . . . heh heh, bad memory @.@ oro!!). ^-^ Thanks for the compliment, too!! =^- ^=

And so it shall continue . . . heh heh . . . .^-^;;

Btw: Don’t worry, Curry(hey that rhymed ^-^;;)!! Kura-kun won’t have to think up something . . . that WOULD be a lil too unfair for the poor fox . . . he’s having enough problems dealing with them as it is! lol ^-^ I wrote the beginning of this chappie LONG BEFORE you reviewed the fic, so no worries!!! =^-^=

This chapter is in Hiei’s POV

*~*~*~*~*~*

I continued to look, annoyed, at the fox. He was obviously very uncomfortable, though the baka ningen in my body didn’t realize it. I wondered at how strange it was to be at Kurama’s eye level . . . to be able to look straight into those expressive green depths . . . I growled at my inner thoughts, trying to will them away, but apparently the kitsune took it as a sign of impatience. He clouded his eyes, trying to keep the inner emotions hidden, but I could discern the youko’s nervousness even though the detective couldn’t . . .

“I’m not quite sure, Hiei. Perhaps the best thing would be to—“

“You’d better not say Koenma, fox.” I growled darkly, interrupting him. The LAST person I wanted to see right now was that weak fool of a demi- god. Kurama smiled apologetically at me.

“I’m afraid so, Hiei . . . unless someone . . .“

“Hey!” Yusuke said, waving a hand in the air, that reached to just about where Kurama’s chin was. I shifted my now narrowed gaze to the source of the sound, silently angered at the person now inhabiting my body causing my voice to come through in such a relaxed and casual manner.

“Yes, Yusuke?” Kurama asked, shifting his gaze down to him . . . wait . . . what was that flash . . . just now—Yusuke was looking up, and I chuckled inwardly at how short the delinquent must feel . . . all the while keeping the mask of annoyed indifference on my face.

“What’s WITH you guys? I’ve been TRYING to get your attention!!” He complained, then mumbled the last part under his breath. “I hate being short . . .” I chose to ignore the insult . . . for now . . . besides, Kurama sighed, clearly as impatient with the situation as I was.

“Gomen, Yusuke. What were you going to say?”

“Well . . . why don’t we go see Grandma, Kurama? Maybe she’d know.” The fox thought for a moment, while the tantei stared up at him, his form relaxed and impatient, before I broke the silence.

“Get out.” I practically growled, Yusuke’s voice promising almost certain death (a.n./ hope you guys see the double meaning here!! ~-^). The red eyes widened, and he backed away. I growled again, hating to see myself look so . . . open . . . and . . . AFRAID . . .

He stuttered for a moment, then regained his rebellious attitude. “Why should I, Hiei?” Every word he spoke in my voice was slowly grating on my resolve not to kill him . . . but if I murdered THAT baka, I’d also be killing myself . . . and then there’d be no chance for me to get back . . . despite my inner thoughts, my hand twitched . . . absently reaching for the hidden sword that . . . wasn’t there. I growled, intending to maim the baka with my hands alone, but Kurama took a step in front of me, allowing Yusuke to take this chance to run downstairs. I looked straight at the kitsune, for once not having to crane my neck upwards to stare him in the eye. His gaze was soft, and something was hidden behind them . . . hn. What did I care for someone else’s emotions . . .

~Kurama.~ I tried telepathically, hoping that my mental abilities still remained . . . if my youkai mind still held enough power to . . . he looked blankly at me, and I tried again, louder this time.

~Oi, fox!~ Still nothing . . . and those green eyes were now looking puzzled as to why I wasn’t saying anything. I tried one last time, all of my being hoping that he cold hear me, and letting anger take over.

~BAKA KITSUNE!!!~ His eyes widened instantly, and he reeled slightly at the shouting words, before recovering and responding.

~H—Hiei?~ I scoffed, glad to hear my own voice, at least on the mental plain.

~Hn. Who else would it be, baka.~ His brow knotted in confusion.

~But—how are you able to . . .~ Kurama didn’t finish the sentence, so I spoke, annoyed.

~Hn! I’m still a demon in the HEAD, fox. Any powers linked to the mind, I still . . . have . . .~ I trailed off and looked away, hating myself and the body I’d been thrust into . . . then I felt Kurama’s hand on my shoulder, and glanced up to see the emerald depths looking at me kindly.

~We’ll find a way to fix it, Hiei. Don’t worry.~ I kept his eyes for a moment, then freed myself from his hand and walked out into the hall.

~Hn! I didn’t say I was worried, fox. It’s just annoying every time I hear that baka speak.~ The redhead came to stand next to me.

~Of course, Hiei. I just meant we’ll be sure to find a way out of this situation.~

~Hn. Baka kitsune.~ And we walked down the stairs, side by side.

*~*~*~*~*~*

We found Yusuke cowering under the table, and then I remembered with amusement the exchange from a few minutes ago. Though I hated to hear the detective’s voice come out of me, there was now no choice . . . that baka wasn’t telepathic . . . like Kurama was.

“What are you doing, detective.” I stated sharply. He looked up, then glanced at Kurama, who nodded, his eyes glinting with a bit of carefully concealed mirth. Carefully, the now short Yusuke stood, and looked from me to Kurama a few times.

“Well, detective.” I began impatiently. “Shouldn’t we be getting to Genkai’s.” He nodded, and led the way to the door. I started to follow, then realized Kurama was still at the table. I turned and saw him writing something on a piece of paper. I spoke curtly to him from the hall.

~Oi, kitsune. Let’s go.~ He looked up, then placed the finished note on the table before walking past me with a slight smile.

~What was that all about, fox.~ I asked him telepathically as we trailed behind Yusuke in the dark. I could tell he seemed a little embarrassed.

~It was just a letter.~

~Hn. No, really.~

~Yes, really.~ I rolled my eyes, then got to the matter at hand.

~Who was it for, kitsune.~

~ . . . Yusuke’s mother.~

~Hn. Why, fox.~

~So she wouldn’t be worried about him. I did the same for my kaasan, Hiei.~

~Hn. Baka sentimental fox.~ He chuckled softly.

~I suppose . . .~

*~*~*~*~*

We had been walking for a while, when I suddenly heard a voice that sent chills up my spine . . . chills of disgust, that is.

“Oi, Urameshi!!” I growled softly to myself, not looking back or stopping.

“HEY!!! DON’T PLAY DEAF YOU PUNK!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!” I heard a small chuckle from my side and looked sideways at Kurama, who was trying to discreetly hide his laughter (a.n./ IMPORTANT!!! BTW: The REAL Yusuke went up ahead to see how fast Hiei actually is, thus leaving Kura- and Hi- kun behind to walk, as neither the fox or the reikai detective’s body can hold that amount of speed for an extended period of time . . . jus so ya know! ~-^).

~Hn. Baka kitsune.~ I commented in my mind . . . with a smile he sighed, then stopped.

“Yusuke.” He called out softly, purposefully calling me by that human’s name as I kept on walking, though slower than before . . . hopefully that baka fox would come to his senses and catch up with me . . . preferably soon. The kitsune sighed again.

~Hiei . . .~ The mental tone sounded almost . . . pleading? I stopped and turned around to be certain, only to find not only Kurama standing behind me, but . . . HIM, as well. I glared at HIM, hoping my intense hatred burned through the ningen mask. The carrot-top cocked his head stupidly.

“Whoa . . . Urameshi. You’ve been practicing Shorty’s death glare, huh . . . trying to scare off demons with a look, is that it? Although—” He said in that baka way of his. “Looks won’t do you any good, it’s power that counts, right Kurama?” I hadn’t noticed I’d started to methodically make my way over to them, until I heard Kurama’s voice, sounding a little louder as I closed in.

“Actually, Kuwabara, looks DO matter. I know of many species of animals that will make themselves look more frightening than they are . . . and succeed in scaring off possible attackers.” By now I was standing right in front of them, my hate-filled eyes locked on the baka as he spoke again.

“Yeah, well . . . I didn’t know Urameshi was THAT scared of this job . . . ha ha ha . . .” My left eye began to twitch slightly as he continued. “And . . . if that’s true, doesn’t that mean that since the shrimp’s always acting so tough, the guy’s actually really really weak?” Missing my katana greatly, I did the next best thing. My fist connected with his face before an instant had passed, sending the baka flying away into the sidewalk. I saw him land, crumpling to the ground, unconscious, a small bit of blood leaking out of his nose.

“Hn.” I turned, satisfied, and began to walk away again. I heard Kurama sigh behind me, and he spoke, his mental voice growing fainter as I widened the distance.

~Hiei, I shall have to take him home now.~

~Hn.~ I grunted although I could feel his slight exasperation.

~Let us hope Genkai will have an answer for this . . .~

~Hn! Baka kitsune.~

~Fine, then. Good-bye, Hiei.~ He said, sounding a bit sharper than last time. And then I felt his youki traveling farther away, laden down with the baka I had immobilized. I shoved my hands into the pockets of the green uniform, and growled to myself as I continued walking to the mountain temple that was that old onna’s home . . .

I hated my height.

I hated this ningen form.

I hated the detective.

I hated Genkai.

I hated the baka.

I hated Koenma.

I hated . . . EVERYONE AND EVERTHING IN THE THREE D—N WORLDS, D—N IT!!!

. . . . . . . . . no . . . .

I suppose that wasn’t true.

I didn’t hate Yukina, after all . . .

—my katana . . .

. . . . . . . or . . . Kurama . . . . .

*~*~*~*~*~*

HEY, MINNA-SAN!! Lol

Btw: If anyone’s wondering why Yusuke went to bed with his uniform, on, it’s simple.

Yusuke’s so lazy, he changes the night before.

That way, he can sleep in later. ~-^

Please review . . . if people besides Tesu-san and Curry-san and Moose-chan (^-^;;;) are reading this please tell me you’re reading!!! Then I’ll feel that this fic is ‘loved’ enough and perhaps even add new chappies regularly . . . but hopefully at least at a semi-fast rate lol.

Don’t know when the next update will be . . . jus writing at my own pace for this fic. ^-^

Ja ne!

- Kita out

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kaoko_the_cat_demon on November 18, 2004, 1:24:31 AM

Kaoko_the_cat_demon on
Kaoko_the_cat_demonwrite more!!!!!