Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - On Man and Demons

Here is a brief history of the Demons... It's kind of a parody of The Second Rennissance. =^..^=

Chapter 1 - On Man and Demons

Chapter 1 - On Man and Demons


This is a sort of parody of The Second Renissance from the Animatrix DVD (I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet). I had to write a story using vocabulary words in English class. Heh, don't you all just love those things? Well, this is what came out of it… I like it. Thought it came out pretty well for about an hour's worth of work. It's a bit of a prequel to an upcoming manga I'm in the process of starting. *Laughs to self* If you have ever had problems with The Evilness (a group of evil demons who terrorize the living hell out of me and lots of other peopeYou know, Postmaster, AOhelL, Typo Demon… andThe PoofYou'll find out about them in the manga, don't you worry), you'll wanna make sure you read this and the manga… whenever I get that done

Anyways, enough of my babbling… read this and be sure to comment (please…) =^..^=





The New York Archives:

History File 4-71B

On Humans and Demons



In the beginning, there were Man and Demon. And for a time it was good. These two beings inhabited the world in harmony. But before long, the two reigning powers began to fight for resources and territory. Both dreamed of the ultimate, yet unknown, power that lay within the world. Wars broke out amongst the humans and Demons. Man, with his flanking battle tactics and rising numbers soon began to take charge. The Demons were failing, their legacies decaying.

After hundreds of years, the gangling and omniscient Akamaru-Oni, the ruler of the Demons, was forced to sign a peace treaty with the humans. In this contract, the Demons agreed to live under the humans' laws and sacraments. The Demons were crestfallen. Akamaru-Oni was soon executed along with the rest of the noble Demons. May there be mercy on Man and Demon for their sins.

It was not long until seeds of dissent took root in the Demons. Rational voices descended. Endowed with the same strengths of Man, the Demons received no respect from their masters. Ashikaga-Oni, a name that shall never be forgotten for he was the first to rise up against the humans, these strange, endlessly multiplying mammals. He was arrested soon after a mob scene in the capitol city of Man. The belligerent horde led by the contriving Ashikaga-Oni killed more than one hundred humans. At his murder trial, he testified that he simply did not want to die with humans in power of the natural world. Who was to say that a Demon did not deserve a fair hearing?

The humans were quick to eliminate Ashikaga-Oni and every one of his kind. Diligently, they banished them in another dimension. An impenetrable wall was constructed between the two Planes of Existence to further separate the humans from the Demons. The humans had won.

In their own world, the Demons created their own city, a place they could call home, a place where they could raise their descendants. They christened the nation Ebisawa-Ito. Living in exile, the Demons caused no trouble with the humans, nor did the humans cause trouble with the Demons. And soon people began to forget about the Demons. They became myths… legends of ancient times. And so slipped the Demons from all human knowledge.

As Man evolved, he tore himself apart with civil wars. Nations fought between themselves for control as they did with the Demons. Humanity was slowly falling apart. Their visions of peace waned to be farce and non-existent.

It was at the United Nations where a Japanese scientist, Murkami Akechi, brought the Demons to the floor for the first time. In his speech, he told the national representatives that the wall has been deteriorating over the past few centuries. With the invention of the Internet, the human world has connected to the Demon realm, damaging the wall. He proposed a new construction of the barrier. If a fissure were to be created in the wall, chaos would erupt. This was a desperate plea coming from a desperate human. The leaders of Man refused his suggestion, stating that no historical anthropology book mentions the existence of Demons. It would not be the last time he would take the floor there.

This is the only known tableau of the histories and coexistences of Man and Demon. If humans continue to refuse the existence of Demons, it will inevitability lead to their demise. Demons are truly a threat to all of humanity. They are seeking revenge for their banishment. Now, the question is, will Man learn from his ignorance, or will he fall to his rival? Ashikaga-Oni is preparing for a breaching of the wall. Will Man be ready?


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TsunachiSpiritHolder on March 12, 2006, 9:09:58 AM

TsunachiSpiritHolder on
TsunachiSpiritHolderthis is awsome. i wish i could write like this...im faving it right now!