Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

This is a story I wrote for one of Riku the Celtic CEO's fanart. It's about Joey and Seyamchi, her character.

I'm putting this story up because I like it. ^_^

I'd also have art up but my scanner is crappy and my pictures are too big. I'm workin

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
Hello all! It’s me again. I’d like to thank you foropening this file, because obviously you had to, to be reading this. ^_^
This was a short one-show fic I did for a friend.She drew this wonderful picture that I’m horribly jealous of, so I offered towrite the fic for it. Well here it is. I worked all night on it. It is nowbordering 12:30 and I’m very tired. So forgive me if this seems a littleshorter than the author notes in A Pharaoh’s Love.
Speaking of which, Fear not, I WILL update itsoonish. I have to find the sixth chapter. Cause I wrote it down on paper. ^_^I have not forgotten.
On a better note, Bakura has returned. He’s just asunhappy to see me, as I am happy to see him. Which is very much. LolUnfortunately he’s sleeping right now, and I don’t have enough viewers todetermine whether I feel like risking life and limb to wake him up. Oh well. Onto the necessities.
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. To tell you thetruth, most characters here are original. Except for Seto, Mokuba, Joey, Yugi,Tristan. Yada. The name of Kaiba, Domino, the concept of a virtual monsterworld. Blah blah. You get the idea. Nor do I own most of the originalcharacters. I own Andrew. That’s it. Sad, isn’t it? Shini, Seya, and yes, evenSenshi, belong to Layla, Yosei to Amity; Kasumea to Mokuba (j/k). Nah, toSerpentnightwingweaver. *can’t remember the other two ff.net names. Sowwy. ^_^
Warning: None that I know of. Except sap. There isno yaoi in this one, so fear not once more. It’s an angsty-sap misjudge typefic about Joey and Seyamchi, an OOC. Oh, and the title really has nothing to dowith the fic. Well, it does, in a sort of abstract way. You figure out your ownmeaning for it. I like it. ^_^
This fic is brought to you by the insane mind of me.Oh… and tea. Highly sugared tea. ^_^ *giggle* Please R&R
 
Scapegoat
Shinishojo frowned at the gaggle of teenagers infront of her. Her sister, Yosei, and their friends were talking about the newkid they had met yesterday. It was nothing shocking. Seyamchi had already mentionedthat her cousin was coming to stay with them for a while. Some business projector another. So far they hadn’t seen much of him but yesterday, during school,he had come in to sit in class with the other two Kaiba’s.
What was shocking was thatSeto had shown a tiny twinge of emotion other than seething rage.
Andrew Kaiba wasn’t veryimpressive. But he instantly had the whole class enthralled with his presence.He seemed to take up the whole room. In fact, he was the only reason peoplewere quiet enough for the teacher to talk. He was exactly like his cousin, inthat fact then when he talked, you listened. The difference was, Andrew smiledmore and Seto decided to take up less space.
In fact, it was reallymemorable day for her as well. She had to admit that all the Kaiba’s had thisgene somewhere inside their DNA that enabled them to be gorgeous withoutknowing it. It was frustrating at times, but still… Not that she would everadmit it to anyone. She’d have to die if anyone found out her secret. Well, notdie…. Yet…. They’d have to die first... oh yes…
Yosei cringed away from hersister’s evil look and the whole group fell silent until Shini glared at them.
 
~
 
Seyamchi Kaiba climbed outof her limo and stood on the curb waiting for her friends. She had arrived atthe same time as always (set your watches by her, they’ll always be accurate!),chipper and excited. She’d been waiting for a chance to see Andy ever since hislast business trip to Domino. *Well, maybe not Domino, but somewhere closeenough for him to get a free five-minute helicopter ride to the officebuilding*
She smiled widely and triedto compare him to her brother. Andrew wasn’t as smart as Seto, but he had thesame confidence inside him that’s found in everyone in their family. Of course,there’s the little fact that he’s also more open about his attitude. Joeyseemed to take to him right away, though there was something reluctant aboutit. (Joey’s had some bad mental experiences with the Kaiba family and their petdevil.   Kasumea: I’m not a pet! ThoughI won’t deny the devil. Hee hee)
Speaking of which: Joey,Tristan, Yugi, Yosei, and Shini were arriving now. Seyamchi waved to them andran over, glomping them all. Shini strode to the school.
Yosei pounced on her almostimmediately after. “Where is he?”
He’s coming with Seto, anyminute now.
Joey, Tristan, and Yugishook their heads and proclaimed they were going inside. Seyamchi and Yoseijust waved bye and stood on the sidewalk, watching for any black limos.
As they were walking awayJoey shoved his hands in his pockets and grumped quietly to his best friends.“Doesn’t it just make you feel forgotten?”
“Don’t worry about it Joey…Seyamchi hasn’t seen her cousin in years she said. And Yosei is always likethat. You know they’d never purposely forget you.” Yugi said.
Joey nodded, thoughtfullyand sneaked a glance back to the girls. “You’re right. Come on, let’s getgoing, or we’ll somehow manage to be late…. Again.”
The black limousine pulledup to the curb and the two teens stepped out, only to be glomped by thegiggling girls. Andrew gacked and stepped behind Seto to let him deal withthem, smiling nervously. He’d just met Yosei, and it seemed he wasn’t veryaffectionate.
Seto sighed and began theprocess of herding his sister into the school, knowing by instinct, orexperience, that Yosei will trail along.
 
~
 
After school Joey sawSeyamchi walking along the sidewalk parallel to them. His friends hadn’t yetseen her, and Joey quickly said he’d catch up to them, vanishing into thecrowd. The others just shrugged and headed for Yugi’s house.
Joey caught up with hisfriend (coughgirlcough) and fell into step beside her. They walked in silencefor a few minutes before he got the nerve to ask what had been bugging him.
“So... this cousin of yours,Andrew.”
“Yeah? What about him?”
“Is he in any way similar toyour brother?”
Seyamchi stopped, confused.She put a hand on her hip and looked at him. “And what is that supposed tomean?”
Joey paused and looked away,realizing this might be going the wrong way than he had hoped. “Uh... er... Imean... oh... never mind. It’s nothing.”
“Oh no you don’t!” Shegrabbed his arm just as he turned to go, and looked at her, shocked and feelingslightly confused. “What do you mean ‘is he anything like my brother’? Is thissome way of asking my permission to hate him too?”
Joey’s eyes widened. “Wha? Idon’t hate your bro-“
“Oh yes you do, don’t lie tome Joey Wheeler! And if not hate, then greatly dislike. I know my brother’sbeen mean to you in the past but that’s no reason to insult him, or my cousin.Why do you just assume things Joey! Why can’t you just expect the good inpeople instead of the bad? I know my brother is sort of a loner and I know heneeds to get laid... but he’s not a bad guy if you’d just get to know him. Ithought Yugi’d been influencing your attitude but apparently I was wrong!”
Joey was shocked to seetears in her eyes and she hurried down the sidewalk to the large building thatloomed ahead of them. He hadn’t really meant that… He’s just wanted to know ifAndrew was a computer freak as well. Slightly hurt and now upset at beingmisunderstood he returned to Yugi’s.
 
~
 
“I hadn’t meant anything byit, but she yelled at me and stormed off. I didn’t want her to get mad.”
Yugi nodded in sympathy,Yosei hugged him, and Tristan shoved his shoulder.
Yosei turned his face tomake him look her in the eye. “Well then, you should go apologize.”
“Why me? I-“
“Joey… please. It’d mean alot to her.”
After a minute of thought,Joey nodded. All right. I’ll do it. You know what, thanks guys. I don’t wannaknow where I’d be if I never met you.” He stood up with a fist punch of triumphand marched dutifully to the Kaiba building. He got as far as the front gateand chickened out, turning around. It was then that he noticed a bush, someblocks behind him that was a little spikier and tri-colored that normal. Hesmiled again and went inside. He randomly found a butler (one of Quatre’s oldminions, # 324 to be exact) and asked for Seyamchi.
He informed him that theMistress was currently in a virtual world and would he like one lump or two.After declining the mug of tea, and the mallet (if Kasumea and Mokuba wereabout) he requested to be led to the virtual machines.
 
~
 
Seyamchi sniffled. She wassitting near a lake in the virtual monster world and had been crying for sometime. She hadn’t meant to snap at Joey. She’d actually had a sort of bad day,with the exception of Andrew. She meant to apologize as soon as she left thisworld, but so far, hadn’t had the courage to even try it.
Presently she wished she hadsomeone to explain the problem to.
As if on cue, her bestfriend here, Senshi, a Celtic Guardian (Seyamchi would like all viewers to knowthat at this moment, on the first few takes, she squealed loudly and glomped thepoor guy. It took us a few weeks to do this one because he had to heal severalbroken ribs. Thank you. ^_^). He sat next to her on the moss and asked whathappened.
A fresh new batch of tears,brought from thinking that Joey hated her now, caused her to use his shoulderto cry on. He just sat and rubbed her back, mindful of the wings, until she wasready to talk.
“I’m sorry… *sniff* Senshi.”She sat up and rubbed her tears away on her robes. Around her the sounds andsmells of spring were almost overwhelming. The trees were all in bloom, andsomewhere nearby a batch of Scapegoats were talking with a Kuriboh aboutharvesting this year. “I had a sort of bad day today. I know I’ve told you mycousin had flown in last week.”
“Ah yes… Your cousin. I hopeto meet him soon, but I suppose that is not what you are upset about.”
“No. In fact, the only goodpart about my day *was* my cousin. My brain was really off and some kid yelledat me. Then I had tripped sometime today and got dirt on my uniform. I had towalk home today cause my limo driver was sick and couldn’t come and get me.
“Joey had found me walkingand wanted to ask something of Andrew. I guess I just assumed the worse and Isnapped on him. Now he hates me and might never speak to me again.” She startedcrying again and Senshi wiped her tears away.
“Shh… it’s all right. If Iknow Joey, and I should, for all you talk about him (joking), then he’llforgive you. Everyone has bad days. Especially Seishi. You should see him whenhe wakes up with a cowlick; it’s funny. Why don’t you go find him andapologize? I bet he’ll be waiting for you.”
“Yeah, you’re right. Thankyou.”
            “No problem Seyamchi, I’m hereto help you.” He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.
 
~
 
Joey’s eyes widened and heturned away, shock and hurt written all over his face. He’d first arrived here,ogled his nifty Red Eyes armor, his weapons... blah blah. Then spent the lasthour looking everyone in this godforsaken game for Seyamchi.
When he had finally foundher, she was kissing a Celtic Guardian! (This not counting the fact that Senshipulled away immediately after, Joey had no idea they were talking about him,and he was completely oblivious to how the monsters express their friendship!)He’d come all this way to apologize and now this!
Furious he quit the game,stormed out of the Kaiba building, passed Yugi’s house, and went home.
 
~
 
Seyamchi got to school thenext day searching for Joey. She’d hitched a ride with her brother today. Theboy in question hadn’t arrived as he usually did with Yugi. Having seen Andrewalready she waved hi to Yosei and the others and hurried to where Joey shouldbe. She hadn’t gotten even a glimpse of him until the bell rang, but by then hewas so far away and they had different first periods. She waited all untillunch, thinking about what to say.
Joey wasn’t in the lunchroomeither. Yugi admitted that Joey seemed upset and wouldn’t talk. Where elsewould he be? The roof.
She went up thereimmediately. Joey was a solemn shadow in the sun’s ray. She couldn’t see hisface from here, but she knew something was wrong. Confused she wondered if itwas their argument. She sat down next to him. Normally he would have smiled andsaid something stupid… but not today. Seyamchi began to miss his perverted comments.
“Joe-“
“I saw you.”
“What?” The words were sosudden she was caught by surprise.
“Yesterday. I went over toapologize. I saw you with him.”
“Who?” She was feeling dumbat the moment. This wasn’t where she expected this conversation to go.
“That Celtic Guardian.”
“Oh! Oh. Senshi? Oh.”Suddenly knowing what he meant she looked at her toes. Admittedly, it took herawhile to get used to the monster’s affection as well. At first it had shockedher. But when they explained… it made so much sense. A thought struck her. “Areyou… jealous?”
Joey looked at her. Aha, shehad shocked HIM as well! Victory! “What!? Me? No!… Well…” He blushed inembarrassment and looked away from her.
Suddenly blushing herself,Seyamchi giggled. She couldn’t help it. She inched so close to him, that if sheinched any closer, her body would be perfectly aligned with his. “You ARE!You’re jealous of a Celtic Guardian! Wait till I tell Tristan… and my brother!”
“I am not, you wouldn’t…”Joey had spun so fast to glare at her; his nose was mere millimeters from hers.They both blushed a deep red. She laughed nervously and smiled. “Dare…” Hefinished lamely.
“No…  I wouldn’t. You have a lot to learn. He wasonly helping me. The monsters have a different set of morals than we do. I justwanted to apologize… For yesterday, I mean.”
“Oh… really? Me… too.” Joeyseemed to be having trouble breathing.
“Yeah. I’m sorry Joey. Badday.” She leaned foreword and kissed him chastely and sprang back and up to herfeet. “Come on, let’s get back to the others. They’ll be wondering about us ifwe don’t show up soon.”
Staying there a moment tomake sure they weren’t blushing anymore, they smiled and walked back to thelunchroom, chatting about anything in particular.
 
~
 
Andrew looked up and watchedthem walk in. They were talking as if nothing had ever happened. However,sharing a look with Shini (one that even they didn’t know they shared) he knew;so did the two friends; that something had changed. For better or worse, noteven a Kaiba could figure that one out.
~Fin~
~^_^~
Well, hope you liked thestory. If I have spelling mistakes or something, please tell me, cause I haveno beta reading and it’s 12:30 in the morning so I’m not likely to catch themall. Anyone wanna volunteer to be my Beta-reader? Perhaps someone who likes allmy fics? No Rika, you don’t count. You love my fics just because *I* wrotethem. ^_^
Again, hope you enjoyed.Amiboshi and Suboshi say hi. Their kitty counterparts went back home. Missedtheir kitty families. Cali is off visiting some friends and Baku-kun is asleep.
BTW: Quatre’s minions are aprivate joke. Anyone who knows Quatre from Gundam Wing would sort of get it.Cause of the Maguanacs, and the fact that he’s rich, we say he has hundreds andmore of minions.
If you want to know who someof these characters are… you probably have to read the fics in Amity, Layla,and Serpents files. You can find the other two in Serpentnightwingweaver ‘sfile. This is a set of joint fanfics. Cause we’re all friends. ^_^ Ah well…nightnight and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and every other holiday.
Ciao!
 
-Yami Kori

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment