Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 6 Years Ago [Part Two: Broken Law]

Malik Ishtar has known a girl ever since he was little. Turns out she is a Diclonius, the fate of mankind. Will he be able to love a mass murderer?

Chapter 2 - 6 Years Ago [Part Two: Broken Law]

Chapter 2 - 6 Years Ago [Part Two: Broken Law]
I sat in my room reading a book I found in the hallway. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I quickly hid the book and stood up. "Come in. The door opened and Malik walked in. "Hello Malik." "Hi Hazel." I noticed a sad look on his face. "Malik?" I walked over to him. "Malik-" I was cut off by Malik hugging me. "Malik, what's wrong?" "Hazel, have you ever heard of the "Rite of the Tombguardians?" N..no I haven't." It's a ritual performed on the eldest son, they carve the Pharaoh's memories onto their backs and protect it with their life. Next week is my tenth birthday, and their going to perform the ritual on me! Why do I have to do it? I don't want to! They say the pain is so bad you'll scream for a month! I don't want to be a tombguardian!" I quickly wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly as he sobbed into my chest. "Calm down Malik, it's okay, I'm here, everything will be okay." I said in a caring voice. He began to calm down, his sobs subsiding. "Feel better Malik?" I asked quietly. Malik smiled a little. "Yeah, thank-you Hazel." He broke out of my grasp gently and kissed my cheek causing me to blush heavily. "N..no problem Malik."

Today was Malik's birthday, I was both happy and sad. I was happy because he was a decade old, and I made him a gift, though it isn't finished. I was sad as well because Malik was going to have that ritual performed on him. I sat on my bed staring at the unfinished gift. There came a knock on my door. I got out of my bed and placed the gift in my pocket. "Come in." The door opened and Malik walked in. I smiled and walked over to him. "Hello Malik, happy birthday." Malik smiled. "Thanks Hazel." Malik and I sat down on my bed. "Hazel, I was wondering when your birthday is?" "Ano...I don't really know, I was abandoned 7 years ago so, I don't know when I was born." "Let's make today your birthday!" He smiled brightly at me. "Huh?" "That would be awesome! having the same birthdays! plus, I uh.." He blushes. "Got you a gift." I smiled softly. "Really?" "Yeah." He holds out a wooden box that opened at the top and had two drawers in front also. He gives it to me, it was a little heavy. "Thank-you Malik, but what is it?" Malik giggles. "Open the top, I think you'll like it." I nodded and lifted the top. Suddenly a tune starts to play. I smiled softly at the tune. "What a beautiful tune, thank-you so much Malik." I said looking over at him, smiling. "Your welcome Hazel, now, where's my gift?" I giggled at his curiosity. "It's not finished yet, but don't worry, it'll be done soon." I said. Malik smiled and hugged me.

That night Malik was taken to where he was to have the ritual performed on him. I was worried.

After two hours, Master Ishtar came into my room, I bowed in respect. "Hazel, you and Rishid are to watch Malik until his scars are healed, if anything happens, you will regret it." He threatened. "I understand Master Isthar." I replied. "Good, now get going." He ordered. I nodded and quickly went to Malik's room. I entered his room and saw Malik lying on his stomach, his back bandaged up and stained with blood. I walked over to him and lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. As I touched him he immediately slapped my hand away. "Don't touch me!" I took a step back, holding my hand against my chest. I was shocked by his sudden coldness, it scared me. "Malik?" He looked at me with a glare but his eyes softened. "I'm sorry Hazel." He said looking away. "It's okay." I said, sitting down on the side of his bed. "Are you all right?" I asked gently. "No I'm not, I'm forced against my will to protect a tomb...Why should I have to pledge my life to some Pharaoh?!" He yelled. I looked at him with wide, confused and sad eyes. Then I looked away hanging my head low with my bangs fully covering my eyes. "It's not my place to say, Malik." I said softly. There was a long silence. "Hazel." "Yes?" Another long silence. "What's the outside world like?" I looked back at Malik, he was resting his head on his arms as he stared at the wall across the room. I looked at him a little curious, but turned away and sighed. "I haven't been able to see the outside world since I was locked up. But when I escaped, there was nothing but a huge ocean, and a full moon. But in my opinion, the outer world is a disgusting and cruel place." Malik looked over at me in concern. I stood up. "Hazel?" Long silence. "I'm going to get some clean bandages for your back, you should rest Malik, you had a rough night." I said before leaving his room. Malik stared at the door in sadness. "Hazel."

A few weeks passed by, Malik's scars stopped bleeding, he was back to his normal self. Once again I sat in my room while listening to the music box Malik gave to me. "Kill them." I blinked and looked around... no one. I swore I heard a voice. I ignored it and stared back at the music box. "KILL THEM." The voice said again, but a little harsher. Suddenly the music box stopped at mid-tune. I became frightened. "Who's there?" I said looking around as I stood up. "Kill those who you call your friends, KILL THEM!" Said the voice. The voice was like a child's, an evil child's voice. "W..why would I kill them? Their my best friends." I replied back. "If you don't kill them, THEY'LL KILL YOU!" I clutched my head in pain, my head suddenly felt like it was going to explode. I fell to my knees with my forehead touching the cold stone ground still clutching my head. I gritted my teeth as the pain got worse, my face twisted in pain. "Hazel?" I didn't answer, but I knew it was Malik. Malik saw my trembling form and ran over to me, kneeling down beside me. "Hazel what's wrong? are you hurt?" He said panickly. He placed his hands on my shoulders and suddenly the pain subsided. I opened my eyes in confusion. I sat up a little, letting my hands fall from my head. "Hazel?" I looked over at him. "Malik?" "Are you all right? what happened?" "I...I don't know." I looked over at the music box, it was playing again. I looked back at Malik and smiled weakly. "It's nothing Malik, I'm sorry for scaring you." Malik looked at me in concern. "Are you sure your all right?" I nodded. "Okay, Hazel, do you remember that talk we had with Isis the other day? you know, about going to see the outside world?" I looked at him uneasy. We talked Isis, I mean, Malik talked Isis into taking me and him to see the outside world. "What of it Malik?" I asked. Malik smiled big. "She's taking us tomorrow!" He shouted in a low whisper. My eyes widened. "T..tomorrow?" "Yeah, I'm so excited, we'll be leaving really early in the morning." "O..okay." I looked down at the floor, worried. Malik grasped my shoulders. I looked at him again. "Everything will be fine Hazel, don't worry." I slowly nodded.

That morning we walked up the steps towards the doors that were never to be opened. "I can't believe I'm about to see how the surface dwellers live." Malik said in joy. Isis opened the doors. "Remember you two, after one hour we come back." "Hai." We responded.
We walked down the bust streets of the modern market. Malik looked around in amazement. "Wow, look at this place, there's so many people." he said in astonishment. "Malik, this is not our world so don't grow too attatched." Warned Isis. Malik smiled at his older sister in reassurance. "Don't worry Sis." He grasped my hand. "Let's go over here Hazel! Something's going on!" He dragged me over to a shop and we looked around.
We continued with our little adventure, everything was better than I thought, I thought the outer world would be cold and harsh like the people back at the facility. Malik suddenly stumbled upon a book on the ground. Malik picked it up. "Stepping on a book, how terrible." He said as he dusted it off and opening it. There were many pictures of many things I've never seen. "Suqoi-no, these pictures look so real, I wonder how they do it?" He asked. He flipped through the book, but stopped at a certain picture with a man on a strange machine. "Whoa, that looks cool! and so fast." Isis walked up to us. "Ne, sis, what's this machine the man is riding on?" asked Malik. I walked over to a shop that had a lot of shining objects, they were beautiful. I stared at them in awe. Suddenly I heard a chuckle. I looked up to see the salesman smiling at me. "Ah! I'm so sorry..I..I was only looking!" I stuttered. The salesman chuckles again. "It's all right young lady." I looked back at the shining objects. "Um...what are these?" I asked. "These are rare gems found in temples." "O..Oh, their beautiful." "Would you like one?." "Uh, sure, but do I have to give you something in return?" "You'll have to give me gold coins." Gold Coins? I asked myself mentally. "I'm terribly sorry sir, but I don't have any gold coins." "All right, come back when you do." "Okay, sorry for bothering you sir." I said doing a slight bow. "It's okay." I nodded. Suddenly someone grabbed my wrist causing me to jump. I looked and saw Isis. "Oh, Isis, you scared me." "No time, we have to go!" "Wait wha-?" I was cut off by Isis dragging me away from the shop.

We made our way back to the underground home, it was silent. I looked over at Malik. "What happened?" I asked him. Malik looked at me. "Some strange man told us that something bad is going to happen, and that the Pharaoh was going to return soon." Strange man? could it be- I was cut from my thoughts when Isis told me and Malik to go in after her as she opened the doors. Suddenly Isis gasped. Malik and I looked at her in concern. "What's the matter Sis?" I looked and my eyes widened in terror, there was a contraption that went all the down into the tomb. Oh no! Master Ishtar must of put it there so he would know if we broke the law! I gasped. RISHID! I ran downstairs with Isis and Malik behind me. They stopped at Malik's room but I kept running. I turned the corner into a room. My eyes widened, Rishid was tried by his wrists and his back had deep slashes embedded into his skin. My hand covered my mouth, Master Ishtar turned and smirked at me murderously. My hands fell to my side. He held a sword that was glowing from the heat. "Hazel, you and my children have broken the law of the Tombguardians, they'll be punished, but as for you, I think you've finally paid off your dept, so I'll repay you, by putting you out of your misery." My eyes grew wider with terror as he advanced towards me.

Malik entered the room to see his Father slashing Rishid in the back with the sword. His eyes widened. "Rishid!" He screamed. Isis soon arrived and covered her mouth in terror. Master Ishtar looked at them. "Malik, Isis, you've broken the law of our clan, you will be punished for disobeying me. Oh, and don't worry about your little friend, she's out of her misery." Malik's eyes widened in pure terror as his gaze landed on my motionless body that was surrounded by a small pool of blood. A gash went across my stomach and blood stained my tan gown. Malik's eyes brimmed with tears, suddenly he felt himself losing control of his anger and body. He clutched his head as he lost full consciousness of his mind. Isis and Master Ishtar looked at him in confusion. Malik's hair was now spiky, the light in his eyes had disappeared from them and were replaced by sadistic ones. Malik raised his head up in the air laughing insanely. "Thanks for killing Rishid Father! I feel much at ease now!" His voice was deeper and it held a murderous tone. "What's gotten into you Malik?!" screamed his Father. Malik ignored his Father's question and walked over to the two items that were never to be touched. Malik grasped the rod making the eye on it flash. "Malik! put that down! Your not ready for the Sennen Items yet!" yelled his Father again, causing Malik to glare at him. "You don't make the rules anymore." Calmly said Malik. Malik raised the Sennen Rod causing the eye to glow red. Suddenly Master Ishtar's body was engulfed by a golden glow and was harshly sent against a pillar and held there. "I..can't..move..." Isis came from behind Malik. "Malik stop! this isn't like you!" She screamed. Malik's eyes narrowed and pointed the rod at her doing the same thing like his Father. "This doesn't concern you woman." Malik returned his attention to his Father. He pulled down the bottom part of the Sennen Rod, revealing a dagger. He smirked and advanced towards his Father. This proves that this family is full of worthless apes. Malik raised the dagger at his Father's heart. Lies. "N..no don't!" begged Malik's Father causing Malik to smirk wider. They hate you with all their heart. A scream of pain and insane laughter filled the air. Malik laughed as his Father's body fell to the ground forming a pool of blood around it. Lies. "Now let's take care of that annoying woman." "M..master..M..Malik." Malik's eyes widened. Their Father almost killed you, who knows when they'll kill you. Rishid looked up at Malik who glared daggers at him. He walked over to Rishid raising the blade. "DIE ALREADY!!!" Rishid fully looked at Malik. "Master..." Suddenly Malik's eyes widened and the Sennen Rod slipped out of his hand. LIES!!! Malik fell to his knees holding his head in pain. Rishid sat up wincing in pain as he did. "Master Malik." Malik's hands fell to his sides and he raised his head, his hair was normal, so were his eyes. "Rishid? what...happened?" He asked looking around. Rishid quickly wrapped his arms around Malik. "Don't look!" Too late, Malik saw his Father's body and screamed. "FATHER!!!" Suddenly a man rose from the dead corpse with an ankh hanging around his neck. "You?" "It was the will of the Pharaoh that drove your Father to his death." He disappeared. "Will of the Pharaoh?" Malik's eyes widened in anger. They'll kill you if you don't kill them first. No. Malik then realized something. "Hazel!" He got out of Rishid's grasp, and ran towards me. Kill them. No. Malik kneeled down. "Hazel? Hazel! wake up! please wake up! please!" He begged as tears streamed down his cheeks. Rishid sat there, watching Malik try to wake me up by shaking me by my shoulder, sadly. IF YOU DON'T KILL THEM THEY'LL KILL YOU! NOW KILL THEM!!! My eyes shot open in pure anger, and I lunged at Malik making him fall on his back and me on top of him with my hands around his neck. Malik grabbed my wrists as his face twisted in pain. My bangs fully covered my eyes, my teeth gritted in anger as I suffocated Malik. "MASTER MALIK!!" screamed Rishid who began running towards us, my vector punched him, sending him to the wall. My vector held him there by the neck, cutting off his airway. Malik's grip on my wrists became weak, I smirked. "H..Ha...z..el..." Suddenly I snapped out of trance, my eyes becoming soft again. I released my grip from Malik's neck, he gasped for air and coughed. The hold on Rishid's neck disappeared as well and he gasped for air too. I looked down at my hands in fear, my pupils small. What have I done? I...I almost killed Malik. Tears landed on my hands. Malik sat up a little because I was still on top of him. He looked at me in concern and confusion. "Hazel?" I looked at him in sorrow and fear. "Malik...I..." I choked out. Malik looked down at my wound and his eyes widened. "Hazel, your wound, it stopped bleeding." I didn't listen, I sobbed, burying my face in my hands. Malik looked at me sadly. "Hazel." "I'm so sorry Malik." I sobbed. Suddenly arms wrapped around my head and my head rested upon a warm chest. My eyes widened to see that Malik was hugging me. "It's okay Hazel, it's okay, calm down." He said soothingly. I closed my eyes tightly and wrapped my arms around him hugging him tightly.

~MALIK'S POV~
Hazel hugged me back tightly, I looked at the wall murderously. Pharaoh, how dare he control Hazel, I'll kill him, I'll make sure he pays for murdering my Father and taking control of Hazel, I'll make sure of that!

~HAZEL'S POV~
That night I folded a piece of paper in half. I then grabbed the gift I made for Malik. I looked at it sadly. Then I made my way out of the room and into Malik's. He was asleep, I quietly walked over to him, I looked at him, watching him sleep. I placed the gift and the paper on his desk next to him. I looked back at him one last time and smiled sadly. I'm sorry Malik, I can't stay here any longer, if I do I might actually kill you, so this is good-bye. I love you with all my heart. Tears silently streamed down my cheeks. I left Malik's room and made my way upstairs. I pushed open the doors, I walked up but stopped dead in my tracks, infront of me stood a group of men with rifels and a man with grayish hair and crimson eyes. He smirked. "Hello...#18." My eyes widened in pure terror and my pupils shrunk.

BANG!!!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment