Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - RELIGION: No evidence of God?

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Chapter 2 - RELIGION: No evidence of God?

Chapter 2 - RELIGION: No evidence of God?
There is no evidence for God, none at all?”
There is no evidence for God, none at all?”

I was once an Atheist myself but you never once heard me say there is no evidence for God. When I was seven years old I started my search for the truth. Not a search for God. Not a search for something in which I could believe as so many have very mistakenly assumed and then stated, but an honest and open-minded search for the truth. If God existed I wanted to know. If God did not exist, I wanted to know. I did not care one way or the other. Show me the truth and that is the road I take, smiling all the way to the end of the road, whether my end be in Heaven or in the grave.

But from the first day I started taking notes I had three columns on my pages. One was evidence that supported there being a God, one was evidence that went against there being one and then one column for evidence that could be used either way. From day one I had something to add to each column. If there is no evidence for God, just what do you propose I was putting in the “Yes” column or the column that could be argued either way? One example of evidence that could be argued either way is the fact that most Atheists have just as strong moral values as do most believers. Personally, I think that fact leans pretty firmly toward the “There is a God” column.

The fact the Yoruba religion exists is evidence for God. The fact the Avesta exists is evidence there is a God. The fact the Sabean religion existed so long ago is evidence of a God. The fact that Christianity is as widespread as it is now is evidence there is a God. The fact that Muhammad dictated the Qu’ran as quickly as He did is evidence there is a God. The fact there is a Bible is evidence there is a God. Even the fact the ancient Greek, Roman, Celtic and Norse myths exist is evidence there is a God. Is any of that proof? I will be easy on you and at least for now simply agree to agree none of it is proof. But there is no evidence? Come on, give me a break!

I am going to once again offer an asseveration, but for the purpose of this question it is not a matter of argument. Were there no God the Baha’i Faith could not exist. The Baha’i Faith exists therefore there must be a God, and one God only. If the Baha’i Faith is what it claims to be, then all people, regardless of religion, derive their inspiration from that one God and all are loved by God. That specifically includes even the most militant Atheist, Sam Harris included. Further, if the Baha’i Faith is what it claims to be, then world peace is beckoning from an ever-brightening horizon. If it is not what it claims to be, there is no God and world peace will forever remain an empty hope and an idle pipedream.

But once again, is there any weaker an intellectual argument for atheism than, “There is no evidence, none at all!


The fact that I don't believe supports, the fact that I don't believe. - Its not about "GOD", or anything even close to being related. What I do decides what I am not conforming to for the people who do believe differently, but it doesn't state your evidence is true.

Its a black and white subject here. - One will be true until another one claiming something differently is brought about. Those who even acknowledge it, even let it get in their way frankly stop believing right there. They're already throwing what they believe into question. Less their religion/belief is questioning everything that doesn't support what they support. Does it mean they're not Christian, etc? Its not anyone's decision, so not exactly. Though it damn well shows a lot about them and their commitment to one belief already is the point.

Its not about me not believing in a god. You misinterpret the statement. The ideal thing I shoot for when explaining myself on this subject is, I'm not an Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, or anything you can pull out of a book. - My beliefs are what they are. Are you going to claim I'm Atheist by this and my past posts? How can you know? You can't. - This is the internet, and even if this were real. How do you know I'm not lying? You can't know for sure. So how can you say I'm not a Christian just because I said I don't believe in god? How can you say I'm an Atheist just because I made an accusation about the bible. - YOU CANNOT KNOW FOR SURE.

Our beleifs are unique to ourselves, everything else is just conforming to what we think - Not what we believe.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment