Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A Logical Opinion on Sociology.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Chapter 5 - A Logical Opinion on Sociology.

Chapter 5 - A Logical Opinion on Sociology.
What is growing up? What is acting mature? It all goes into sociology and it really doesn't make sense. (as far as I can see# Tell me to grow up, or mature, rather than just specifically just tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a fool's argument and an idiots wording.


There is no "state" of being grown up, just standards that others make themselves. As a society some might agree to a specific standard, idea, 'level' of maturity, etc. Though it doesn't matter if the world agrees to one thing or not. It doesn't make it true, right, wrong, etc.


Sociology is one thing I've begun to despise because its basically like saying society is a cult, and they make the decisions to what means what, why we do what, and what is 'what' exactly?. In reality, that's what it is, this is just how I tend to view some aspects of it. Overall its got a lot of highlights and light on it apart from that. When someone says that 'this' is weird, dumb, or just general opinionated things like what I spoke of about 'growing up' and judging someone's level of "maturity" with their opinion; I can't stand it. Its when people are more arrogant as a society than anything.

Its not to say that things like insults can't mean what society defines, e.g "noob", or just inside terms. Though when it brings up something that doesn't exist, but they're using it to refer to something else, just because its grown in popularity as a society #see; "Growing up"# than it becomes a pattern that shouldn't be repeating itself. Its like if I started saying "Go away", or for that matter, anything. Just because you don't meet an ideal or standard that reflects or impacts my emotions in some shape or form. e.g,


You say you're good at Black Ops.
I've been playing longer and infact are better than you.
The competitive nature impacts me and I become offended at the insulting of my ability to play better than you.
I say "X" which is the "Grow Up" statement because you haven't met my standards, which is being better than me.


Its like adults, parents, teachers, anyone who says this are merely saying it because you haven't done what they want you to. Or that you're not doing as good as they want you to, some standard that they've mentally had set. Which is very selfish, and debatably is a contradiction in itself. You're requesting that they meet your standards, while also its their reaction due to you not meeting their standard that makes them feel that they've got that power to make you or expect you to meet said standard. With parents its the most understandable, though at the same time if a parent says you need to grow up, or do better, improve, change, most negative things generally; they're using the 'power' Now to elaborate on the note of the 'power' its merely a form of intimidation.

So for example, when teenagers turn rebellious they're running from that intimidation that the parent has tried to use against them. There is more than likely mixed feelings about why they're doing it depending on their story, but in many cases they may feel threatened by the idea of improving, or really be offended by this sudden sense of insecurity that has been laid upon them. Their reaction will also vary, I can't give any general response that will always happen with this. Its just a psychological experience that can differ in many situations. So they might listen and heed the parent's lecture, they may avoid meeting their standard, it can be countless things.

Then there's things like the Black Ops example, where in reality a lot of fights and arguments happen; this is why some people like to refer to games as 'friendship killers'. Because in reality due to this scenario I've described, people commonly are frustrated from the games already in their failure or just overall irritation. Then someone tries to step all over them, it doesn't end well commonly. It really depends on said peoples' anger control and how easily they're irritated. It may not always lead to physical fights, but it usually doesn't end well.

That's just my example and opinion on what I don't hate about society though, don't get the misinterpretation that this is what I enjoy in society. I'm just saying that when it comes to society acting this way for these reasons #though I did go somewhat into the psychology of it#, I can understand this and its appropriate for the situation because the psychology behind it when the people in society are making these acts happen. To conclude however, there are many pros and cons to Sociology. But the studies go into depth at points on subjects that can just really tick you off. And in my opinion its mostly just because of today's society turning to shoot for the most part. Modern people have only gotten dumber as technology has grown, while another portion has gotten smarter on the brighter side. There's a lot to say about everything changing in general, but it all leads back to society's acceptance and passing of everything. Causing one thing to rise to the top, and letting one hit rock bottom. The decisions and power that society holds is just a frustrating matter, while it can be tampered with by one person, or stopped by 10, it really is just controversial and has too much of a negative impact on my life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment