Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - The Media's Junkyard: Advertisements.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Chapter 7 - The Media's Junkyard: Advertisements.

Chapter 7 - The Media's Junkyard: Advertisements.
From the newest product on TV or the nerdiest thing on the internet. I'm sick of products attempting to corrupt my needs daily, no matter where you go. frack billboards, frack commercials, and frack internet ads.

Even if I may hate having unrelated things being shoved in my face, I understand it fully and in many cases I've done it myself. Though now its pushed its limit in my book. To the point that it really makes me realize how bad the advertising is. Great, I wanna watch a Youtube video now but for the first 30 seconds I've got to deal with some unrelated sponsorship that is completely irrelevant to the website, and the video itself. I'm completely interested. Oh, wow. A commercial about gardening tools, specials markers, and whatever the world may bring while I'm watching a dramatic movie? Oh wonderful, its exactly what I was thinking of.

Advertising no matter, on a monitor, behind a plane, is pathetic now days. The only thing companies are looking at are, the most visited places, and the most overused techniques. Statistics in business I'm sure show that its the best option, but that's only for results and not necessarily the companies image. Which has large potential to change the results if thought out and invested well enough.

You know what I would prefer when advertisements happen? Relevance, not only to what I was doing, but more. Do I really care about the new Captain America movie coming out when I'm drinking a soda? Or do I care about the newest things that the soda company is doing? When I'm drinking, playing, watching, being active in things I enjoy in general I don't want random information that was seemingly thrown in a hat picked to what's put on it.

But no, because modern day advertising is made up of companies selling out to other companies there will never be relevance will there? For the rest of our lives all we'll see is Coca-Cola advertised on Dr. Pepper while Microsoft ads will appear on Mac computers, and everything else parallel to the opposites.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment