Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Lantathae's original story that happened during the Fellowship.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1


Chapter 1



I looked down from the talan and into nothing. The shadow in my mind grew even bigger as I was sitting there, something was getting closer, it could even be the object that started the fellowship's quest. I had heard very little of them save they were made up of many different beings. I could not imagine elves and dwarfs together without killing each other.

Something moved in the corner of my eye. I watched the band of Uruk-Hai scouts through the trees, surprised that they had come into the forest without being killed. I nudged the elf next to me. Tinuviel was an old friend of mine and was visiting Lothlorien on her travels. She nodded and pointed to me another object coming towards us.

I jumped down to a low branch and hung off it from my legs. Upside-down I put my hand over her mouth, muffling the shout of surprise. I removed my hand. “Are you all right?” I asked her as she was upset about something but then signalled her to be silent.

Leaving her wolf, Elendil, at the base of the tree, I lead Gilthoniel up the talan and we watched the uruks. She took her bow and placed and arrow in the stretched string. “Aim for the head, don't let anything distract you.” I guided her quietly. I took a twig and just as she was about to shoot I snapped it so it made a noise, shocked by this her aiming went off but the arrow hit the uruk next to the one she was aiming at in the neck. “That was just lucky.” I muttered as Tinuviel's shoulders quivered in silent laughter as I took my bow and started to shoot.

“Are you all right?” I asked again when the Uruk-Hai were all dead.

“I don't know. Galadriel showed me in the mirror…”

“What did she show you?” I loved my mother mostly but I did not trust her, she had a way of bending people to do her will.

“My… death.”

“Really! How could she do something like that?” I felt desgusted. “I'll talk to her she really should not have done that.”

Gilthoniel nodded weakly.

We went down to the body to retrieve our arrows. The stench of them almost made me want to turn back but the arrows were too good to be wasted. Tinuviel and I started to pile the bodies before I burnt them. “You don't have to help.” I said sarcastically as Gilthoniel stared at what we were doing.

Tinuviel laughed. “Do you really want to be going around, walking your wolf, and find dead uruk bodies everywhere?”

The young elf shook her head slowly and the fire started. I didn't know that such a stench could exist.

We walked back to the road and found Haldir and a group of guard stopping travellers. I hid but he saw Gilthiniel. “What are you doing here?” he demanded.

“My fault.” I said coming out of where I was hiding. “We were shooting some Uruk-Hai.”

I saw the travellers, it was the Fellowship. I walked slowly up to Aragorn and bowed low in front of him to his surprise. “Welcome, Elesar.” I said in the common tongue even though I knew that he spoke elven languages.

“I am no king here.” He replied bowing back slightly.

Tinuviel greated her younger brother Legolas by hitting him so hard he fell to the floor.

“What was that for?” He asked confused at what had happened.

I looked down at the four that had looked like children from afar. The Halflings were just as books had described, short and shoeless but I was surprised how human they looked. I looked at one of them and saw in his eyes was a responsibility that no other member had. “Frodo, is it?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

He nodded and did not speak.

I turned to Haldir. “Let them pass, you know what they must achieve.” I tried to persuade him to let them pass.

“They carry an evil that could destroy all, I know that they must destroy it but I will not let it into the White City.” He replied.

***

The fellowship stayed on a high talan and all slept as Aragorn tried his hand at letting them through. I listened from afar; disappointed that he had better debating skills than me once Haldir gave in.

The next day we both took then to Caras Gladhon, walking through amber trees in this autumn of time growing to winter.

“Do you want to be the next guardian?” Haldir asked as he saw my sadness of the changing season.

“Yes, but I would understand if I was not chosen.” I said. I would like nothing better than to be the new appointed Guardian as my life was the woods. Haldirs time of being it had come to an end, but my mother would probably appoint someone other than me as she would not want me to have a reason for staying while they went.

I waved for Legolas to come walk with us; I had met him a number of times before and was glad that he was chosen into the Fellowship, he was a good warrior. It was obvious when we were talking that it was a relief to him to be with elves again.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on June 20, 2005, 12:51:03 PM

Tillyenna on
TillyennaAUNTY LANTATHAE!!!!!!! hello anuty lantathae, i like your story, but you are TOOOOOOO nice about the woodelf, hes hardly a great warrior, i could beat him anyday...