Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Lantathae's original story that happened during the Fellowship.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Chapter 2



It was sunset by the time Galadhrim came into our sites and it was deeply into night when we arrived and walked up the stairs to my mother and father's great talan. Tinuviel and I stayed to the side out of site as my parents gracefully walked down to the guests.

I marvelled at how my mother could be so beautiful and weightless when I was none of that, I was a warrior always with a sword or spear, the elegant dresses did not show their beauty on me and my hair was always dirty from sleeping outside. But I liked being me. I had left my past behind me years ago, but I still had dreams of the shadow that is the evil in every person's heart.

“Eight there are here yet nine there were set out from Riverndel.” My father announced. “Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him.”

The thought hit me to the heart, I was angry at myself for not noticing that the wizard was not there.

“Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land.” My mother announced and there was silence for a long time.

“He fell into shadow.” I did not know who said it but the words echoed in my head. I could not stay to hear more. I pushed past Tinuviel and half ran down the stairs making shore that no one saw me. When I reached the base of the great tree I fell to the floor and felt a dizziness fall upon me. I had trained myself so that when a vision came to me I did not feal the pain that used to take over my body but I could not ignore it. I knew that it was going to be Gandalf's death and I did not want to see it.

I tried to walk on but the dizziness made it hard and it turned to pain. I still walked trying to ignore it. I sat under a tree, in a cage of roots for I don't know how long. My vision went and I could not stand it any longer, I fumbled for my hands to reach it and as I did so I already felt the pain go.

I stood on the bridge of Khazad-dÇ”m, the mines had not changed since all those years ago except I saw a mighty beast of flame fighting Galdalf. I felt the flame on my face but I still felt so cold. The Balrog stepped forwards and the bridge broke, the creature fell, crying . Gandalf sighed in relief but the whip that the beast carried slashed once more and wrapped itself around the old wizard's ankle. The last words he said imprinted themselves in my mind “Fly you fools.”

I opened my eyes. “Are you trying to kill yourself?” My father was standing next to my bed. I sat up and saw my mother, I was in my old bedroom from when I was a child, I didn't remember the last time I came in here.

“We must talk, Lantathae.” Anounced my mother.

I just remembered my talk with Gilthoniel. “No I need to talk with you, mother.” I said agresivly. “Why did you show Gilthoniel her death! How could you do something like that?”

“My daughter.” She said softly. “She must learn that if she wants to control the mirror at all she must see that she has no power over her fate.”

“That's no excuse showing her her death is wrong.”

My father put a hand on my shoulder “We have decided that you should be the next Guardian of Lothlorien as of all the elves you love this land the best.”

“But what about when you leave.” I said almost as a whisper.

“What?” My father asked.

“When you leave, am I to stay here or go?” Neither of my parents said anything. “Tell me. Now that I am finally going to be it how long will I be the Guardian before we go? A year, a month? Do you even know?” I wanted to take everything I had said back but I couldn't.

“It will be some time, there is something else that we want to ask you…” My father looked down at me with saddens in his eyes.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on June 20, 2005, 12:53:18 PM

Tillyenna on
TillyennaYOU ARE GOOD AT WRITING STORY this is very great alent, Tilly bows to her superior