Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Lantathae's original story that happened during the Fellowship.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3


Chapter 3



I could not get out of that room faster and the fresh evening air was welcomed in my lungs. I walked into the stable and took the fastest horse. My own horse, Thinarien, had died of age years ago which had been a great loss to me but I knew that all the time he was mine he had been happy.

I rode as fast as I could to the borders of the land and then up to the stone walls that was the entrance to Moria. I did not know how the fellowship got through and I new that it would be dangerous for me to be there as their passing stirred the goblins that lived in the dark and could only go out at night. I never wanted to go near the gate again but now I had to, to see an old friend.

I walked to the pile of rocks that marked the grave, and looked up at the sky. The stars had never been so bright but had never withheld my destiny so much.

“Tirndur,” I spoke. “It's been a long time since I've visited you.” I sat on a rock. “Today my parents said that they want me to be the next Guardian. Isn't that great? I really want to be it but we are leaving.” I looked back up at the stars.

“I don't want to go, my sister lost her love for this world for a reason but for all the elves in every forest to go is something else. I know that this is where I belong but I don't want to be the last elf when all the rest have gone.”

I started to cry. “And now they want me to spend the last time I probably have in this world with the Fellowship, but I don't know how we can succeed without Gandalf's guidance. He fell in Moria, same as you. I don't know if you ever met him but he did not deserve to die in there, no one dose. We both know that.”

“But I loved this land so much, I don't want it to fall into shadow so I want to join them. Oh, I'm so confused I don't know what I want and you're not here to help me.”

The tears burst from my eyes and I sat there sobbing on a rock outside Moria taking to Tirndur who died because of me.

“Well I know there is only one thing I can do. I will go with the Fellowship, not because my mother wants me to but because I want in my final months here to help it as much as I can, and this in the only way I can.” I wiped my eyes and got up. I breathed in again and sighed hard. “I will visit you again when this is all over, Tirndur, I promise.”


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on June 20, 2005, 12:55:03 PM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennathat is so sweet *wipes away tear*