Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Doomed

What if Naruto and the gang somehow ended up in Hyrule? And what about Link and everyone else? Where do they come in?!

Chapter 5 - Doomed

Chapter 5 - Doomed

       Gaara fluttered his eyes opened. He was laying face first on a material that he knew too well: sand. But, this sand was different. It seemed.. holy in it's own little way. The smal grains were that of the setting sun's gold. Much different from that of his home village's dull brown sand. Taking a handful of it, still on his face, Gaara peered at it intently. Why was he here? Where was here? What had happened? He was at Naruto's party... then there was a bright light and a feild and- the battle!

        Gaara widened his eyes and stood up, cringing with pain as his head began thrashing in protest. Looking around, he saw nothing but sand, sand ,sand, sand, a few rocks, sand... More sand and.. Oh! did I forget to mention sand? Something caught his eye though. There were two lumps in the sand. Curious, Gaara used the little power he had left to move it away as if by "magic" (which was just the work of his demon really,). The first one came out to be Kankuro, and the other one was Sakura. Kankuro was breathing, for his chest rose and fell steadily. But he wasn't so sure about Sakura...

        Shakily, Gaara walked intbetween them and knelt by Sakura, picking up her hand and placing his thumb on her wrist. There was afaint pulse, but she was breathing. he sighed in relief and withdrew from her, sitting inbetween them he began to meditate, for he could not sleep for his demon, (as cruel as Shukaku is,) would take over his body and eat away at his personallity. The black rings around his eyes were not only atributes he gained because his demon was a raccoon, but because of his insomia.

So, my little host. What shall you do? Shukaku, his demon, asked within.

Nothing. Gaara said simply, wishing the spirit would just shut up. I will be paitent and wait.

Tch, why don't you ditch these non-funkeirs and hit the road? Shukaku hissed.

Why would I do that? For your own pride? As if! Gaara retorted, Since when have you ever steered me right anyway? That Kyuubi kid is more helpful and understanding than you, you fat @$$!

        Gaara felt Shukaku boil in rage, and in his ears he heard the raccoon-dog's deafening roar, shaking and vibrating through his body.

I'm the demon, I call the shots around here! So get your sorry @$$ up and leave these people behind!

Ahem, if you haven't noticed, I'm the host with all your power. I have the right to sit right here. I say you shut up and let me be! If I want to stay here, you'll respect that choice and heed it without complaint! Is that clear Shukaku Ichibi?! Gaara growled to his inner demon.

Fine, risk your life for these lowlings... See if I care... The demon mumbled before leaving Gaara in peace.

        Gaara smiled in content with himself. He out worded his demon. Gaara was a happy Gaara! Beating Shukaku was like, taking over the world or something! But his celebration didn't last long, for a sound jerked him back to the desert of golden sand. Swinging his head to Kankuro, who was laying on his back, mouth wide open, he heard the noise come from his mouth again. Gaara smirked. Kankuro was snoring in his sleep. Nudging his brother with a hand, Gaara whispered, "Kankuro..."

"Ugh, just two more hours Temari..." Kankuro mumbled before rolling over on his side.

"Kankuro..." Gaara repeated shaking his brother's shoulder harder.

"I said two more hours damnit!" Kankuro shouted swatting at Gaara's hand.

     Rolling his eyes, Gaara stood up and pressed his feet against Kankuro's stomach and began standing on him so that he couldn't breath.

 "Gah! Okay! I give! I give! I'll get up!" Kankuro wheezed. Gaara stepped off his brother. "Oh, hi Gaara..." Kankuro grumbled. "Where are we?"

"Well, Sleeping Beauty, take a look." Gaara hissed.

"Are we in the Land of Winds?" Kankuro asked rubbing the place where Gaara stepped on him and looking around.

"...Kankuro, does our desert have golden sand?"

"No." Kankuro replied.

"Then what in hell makes you think we're in Suna?! FYI, we were attacked by  monsters, remember?!" Gaara said glaring at Kankuro, who seemed to shrink in his stare.

"Wha...? Oh! OH! Holy crap! Where the hell are we?! Where is everyone!?" Kankuro exclaimed leaping to his feet and looking around.

"Well, I only found you and Sakura." Gaara said motioning his head to the unconscience pink-haired girl.

       "Oh yay, I'm stuck here with my deranged brother and Useless." Kankuro mumbled when Gaara wasn't listening. Knakuro went over to Sakura and nudged her with a foot. "Wake up! This isn't the time to be laying around!" Kankuro said.

"Leave her alone Kankuro. Unlike you, she's unconscious." Gaara hissed hitting his brothers head with a whack of his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hey, I'll bet you two bucks that when she gets up she's gonna say 'Saskue!'" Kankuro said trying to mimic Sakura's voice.

"Uh, no thanks." Gaara replied. He sat down nearby and ran his fingers through the sand out of boredom. Then he had an idea! This sand seems special... What if I combine my energy with it so that I could store it in my gourd? ... Lets try it! Gaara pulled the cork off his gourd and let the sand fall out mixing with this desert's sand. He bit his thumb so that he made a small, bleeding cut and smeared it along the sand's surface so that there was a red line around him. He licked his thumb when he finished, cleaning it's blood stained skin. Then, placing his left hand in the middle he let his chakra (and for all those that don't know what chakra is, it's an energy that is used to perform certian techniques like Kiba's Man-Beast clone. Normal chakra is blue, and invisable to the naked eye, but in the anime, they show it so youknow what's going on.) flow through into his blood and sand. He stayed like this for about two minutes before he ended the process.

"What are you doing?" Kankuro asked.

"You'll see." Gaara replied reaching his palm out. A large amount of the desert sand around him rose along with his normal sand. it swirled around him for a bit, then returned to his gourd. "Wow... I feel so replenished..."Gaara said gazing at his sand crusted hands.Kankuro gave him a questioning look, "I wish Neji was here, then he could tell me how much chakra was in this! And I can tell you know by how I feel, this is not normal sand! I might just take out my old sand and replace it with this!"

"Yeeaah, you do that." Kankuro said returning to whatever he was doing before.

 "SASUKE!" A loud voice shouted. the two cringed and turned around to see Sakura sitting up panting heavily.

"Ah-ha! I told you she would say that first thing when she got up!" Kankuro said pointing at Gaara with a grin on his face, "If only you'd agreed and I betted more money!"

"Yeah, if only." Gaara mumbled rolling his eyes.

"Hey, Useless, get over here!" Kankuro taunted, "We need a women to do our work."

"Oh you can just go straight to hell, Kankuro!" Sakura shouted standing, "Where is everyone?"

"I only found you and Kankuro." Gaara said returning more of this new sand to his gourd.

"... What about Sasuke?" She asked worried, a slight blush on her face.

"Didn't Gaaara just say that he onlt found us?!" Kankuro said glaring at her. "What a weakling."

"I don't see you doing anything uselful either, Kankuro, so I wouldn't be complaining to Sakura." Gaara said crossing his arms.

    Kakuro grumbled a curse and continued bickering with Sakura, "At least I'm not a rabid fangirl!"

"Sasuke's worth being a rabid fangirl!" Saukra growled.

 Gaara stood and turned his back to them. Placing a hand on his forehead, he mumbled, "I'm stuck in a Godforsaken desery with my annoying older brother and a bratty fangirl... I'm doomed!" He moaned.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on February 20, 2008, 7:00:39 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3XD POOR GAARA!

Lanayru on February 21, 2008, 7:12:11 AM

Lanayru on
Lanayruindeed. XD

cashmoneyUknowit on November 30, 2007, 12:51:47 PM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitteehee!

poor gaara...I`LL SAVE YOU!!! *drooling fangirl mode:activated*

Lanayru on November 30, 2007, 10:15:02 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruEnnaka: I already tried that... I was chased away... *crying in a corner*

rainbowfox16 on November 29, 2007, 8:59:55 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16Hehehe. Yes. Yes you are, Gaara. If you want, I could send Aria to fetch you.

Aria: NOT ON YOUR LIFE FANGIRL!!!

I'm not a fangirl. I'm an obsessor.

Aria: Tch. Big dif. Still wont do it.

Lanayru on November 29, 2007, 10:38:11 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruEnnaka: At least monkey girl has the sense to stay away from Gaara when I'm around.
Gaara: What the hell you doing here?!
Ennaka: saving you from Sakura and Kanku.
Gaara: Get the hell outta here! You already have a fanfic dedicated to you!
Ennaka: but-
Gaara Kanku sakura and Link: OUT!
Ennaka: Oh screw you guys! i'll just go cry in a corner... T.T
Sasuke; It's okay Enki, I'll leave tehse losers and come with you.
link: Oh no you don't! *drags Sasuke back*