Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

A humans weakness?

My idea on what is the humans race weakness. Something i think we as a race deny more than anything.

Chapters

Chapters

Chapter 1 - A humans Weakness?
Submitted: July 5, 2004 • Updated: July 5, 2004
Word count: 1151 • Size: 6k • Comments: 19 • views: 519

Comments

Comments (19)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kath on November 14, 2006, 12:51:41 PM

kath on (Chapter: 1)
kathture, very true, EXTREAMLY true. ... but sometime's... even though emotion is our grateist weakness. ..it can also be our strenght...maby not our greatist strenght...but a streanght none the less. though most of the time we're better off without it...there are those little moment's... the moments that are often missied, the moments that are microscopic, were we'er better off with it then without, because in those little moments, it's how we act on it that make's us strong...

theWriter on February 7, 2006, 7:11:27 AM

theWriter on (Chapter: 1)
theWriterVery true. My only complaint was that the paragraphing was slightly difficult to descipher, and pretty soon (with muh bad eyes) it began to blur together. Wholly true, though many may deny it. Considered philosphy?

gohstann on September 9, 2005, 8:27:52 AM

gohstann on (Chapter: 1)
gohstannWOW.... I cant even bagen to tell you how true this is! I mean I have ben hert and have hert- then I'v lost frinds with out any clear cause.... It- WOW!

PacifisticSoldier on October 19, 2004, 12:39:33 PM

PacifisticSoldier on (Chapter: 1)
PacifisticSoldieryou make good points, but i completely dissagree with you... you sa ywe are primative, but we are obvously the most progressive "animal" on this earth, and like a previous post said, our emotions are what seperates us from other animals. Friends and family are what give most the strength to fight harder for what you beleive is true and right, so how can ammunition be a weekness? it is our ability to make these bonds that keeps us from ruthlessness, because if you couldnt become attatched to tohters quickly, you would only begin to spot the bad in them before forming ANY kind of bond; and that would only lead to seperation and hate.

Inuyashafan_133 on August 23, 2004, 6:04:48 AM

Inuyashafan_133 on (Chapter: 1)
Inuyashafan_133Wow Lasher, this is a great story. It's kind of touching. I agree with a lot of the points you made about friends and family. It's very deep and interesting. *faves it*

Crazedyingyang on August 16, 2004, 10:30:53 AM

Crazedyingyang on (Chapter: 1)
CrazedyingyangOH MY GOD I feel all tingly in side, you should be a writer

a-drawer-4ever on July 13, 2004, 4:47:56 AM

a-drawer-4ever on (Chapter: 1)
a-drawer-4ever....wow.... that's like ...... wow....*fav* .....wow...0.0

Lasher on July 10, 2004, 6:00:33 AM

Lasher on (Chapter: 1)
LasherYeah Carter, i know :P I wrote this in of those really intense moods i get. I was really emotional during it and annoyed and pissed off, and at the same time i felt like crying my eyes out. One of those nights you know? So yeah, i wasn't exactly thinking on how to write it well, i was just in the heat of the moment. But yeah, i might spruce it up a little when i get it me to do so. Thanks though for the honest critism though.

And Lexar, yeah, your just a little to up tight and close minded for this i think. And Everyone else, well thanks. I really wanted to get some serious comments on it. Glad i all got you for that ^_^ Thanks.

layzcarter on July 10, 2004, 5:55:31 AM

layzcarter on (Chapter: 1)
layzcarteraight. I'm not very good on commenting on such things as this but I'll give it my best shot. I like what you are trying to get across here and how you presented it. It's well written and the first paragraph pulled me in so I actually wanted to read the rest :) And it kept my attention the whole way through.

Only one suggestion which coming from me doesn't mean much. I was thinking that maybe in the first and third paragraph you say "petty human emotions". It might flow better if you replace one of the phrases with something else of the same meaning. And the word weak seems to be used a lot. Maybe a thesaurus to change up some of the words. Just a thought. Keep in mind I'm no writer :)

iamem0tionless on July 7, 2004, 3:24:53 PM

iamem0tionless on (Chapter: 1)
iamem0tionlessWow, Lasher. I know exactly what you mean on this. My friends mean the world to me. They may not be blood related, but they're the closest thing I have. None of my family members makes me feel special and happy like my friends do. I'd do ANYTHING (and have done a LOT) for my friends. I'd die for them. When I get close to someone, I cling tight and never let go. I'm loyal to the core once you get close to me :) I love this and I'm really touched. Great job, you brought a tear or two to my eyes :) <3

Sanoshi on July 6, 2004, 11:21:53 AM

Sanoshi on (Chapter: 1)
Sanoshi:O Waoie, really in deph there! I felt like i was reading into someone's biography about life.. XD of course that how it was sorta intended huh?
The part where you wrote about human emotions and connections (pretty much the first paragraph to the sixth) was something i can agree with. When you wrote about the connections and bonds between friends and family i understood it from boths sides. I'm a family kind of person so i strongly agree with that more than the friends, but i can relate to the friends meaning so much and how they make you feel that their friendship means a whole lot more than family.
You can also say the same thing about beginnnig bonds. Lol i realted that kinda to love for some odd reason. XD Big romance person here, but more times than not, you can sometimes feel if you can "connect" with someone you barely knew closer than the person you knew longer.
The ending was very deep. Emotions, feelings, the what not-- Is the core of everything. A very insightful and open minded thinking. Something at least one person has thought about before, if not, has thought about it now.

:D Fantastic Lasher~!

Lexar on July 5, 2004, 10:36:37 PM

Lexar on (Chapter: 1)
LexarWell not all people feel the same way about friends/family as you do. For some people the bond between family is much greater than that between friends.
You have a very pessimistic view on the human mind, but it is our emotions and our selfconsiousness that seperates us from the animals. You say that humans remain primitive when it comes to understanding emotions and that it reduces us to weak and frail childs sometimes, but you forget that all the greatest achievments of humans are also a result of people driven to surpass themselves by passion, love or even hate. I'd say those who have no emotions have nothing to lose, and those that do have them can lose everything, but also win it all.

Jenniberry on July 5, 2004, 5:08:38 PM

Jenniberry on (Chapter: 1)
Jenniberry......wow. This is, honestly, very very true and very insightful. You make some very real points, And it shows alot of real emotion and thought (which is probably since the entire piece is ABOUT emotion and thought. lol, Jenni's so smart.) Anyways, I love it. I think it's got a very raw beauty to it. *Adds story to faves*

megasonic on July 5, 2004, 4:32:38 PM

megasonic on (Chapter: 1)
megasonicwow, this is very true indeed, o0, you wrote it very well also, and there is something i want to say but cant remember

ChrisFox on July 5, 2004, 4:24:07 PM

ChrisFox on (Chapter: 1)
ChrisFoxWow. True indeed. It's the very core of being human, emotion.

Sorceress_Ultimecia on July 5, 2004, 4:03:28 PM

Sorceress_Ultimecia on (Chapter: 1)
Sorceress_UltimeciaOh my god! This story is true, like Fallen said. I don't know why, but my eyes were watering when I finished reading this. You're great at writing.

fallenangel on July 5, 2004, 10:14:49 AM

fallenangel on (Chapter: 1)
fallenangelBravo. And so so true. Agreed 100% and well written.