Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Alone

A story of what friendship is, and how it can change a person's life.

Chapter 1 - Alone

Chapter 1 - Alone


“Oooooooh, everyone, get away! The freak is here!” One boy called out mockingly.



“Ha, ha! Freak!” A girl yelled.



The small girl sniffled and wiped away a tear, her cat ears pressed back against her head in shame. Her violet eyes watched as all the kids on the playground moved away from her.



A few more tears leaked out of her eyes and she hurriedly wiped them away. Suddenly, she felt someone touch her hand.



Gasping, she turned to see who came near. Another girl tugged on her head, her bunny ears waving in the wind.



“Don't listen to them-” she said soothingly. “Come play with us!”



Over her shoulder, a frog girl, fawn girl, fox girl, and wolf girl waved.



The five year old neko allowed herself to be dragged over to the group.



“This is Mary!” The bunny girl exclaimed pointing to the blond haired frog girl. Mary waved sheepishly. “Don't worry, she's just shy.” She pointed at the fawn girl next. “That's Annabelle! And the foxy one's…um…”



“Juliette.” Annabelle cut in, shoving her large glasses further up her nose. Juliette flipped her brown hair over her shoulder, apparently offended that the other girl couldn't remember her name.



“That one's Kara!”



“We've already met. We're neighbors.” Kara said, smiling at the black haired neko.



“And I'm Mae! What's your name?” Mae asked, blue/green/gray eyes sparkling.



The neko smiled, slowly and surely, and happily replied, “I'm Lea. Nice to meet you all.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment