Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Finale

Ayaka broke up with Hiro. Shuichi tries to comfort his friend but it doesn't help but hurts not Hiro but Shuichi. What will Yuki do to help his lil pink haired baka and what will he finally realize? May contain some spoilers but unsure right now.
By

Chapter 10 - Finale

Chapter 10 - Finale
--Ch.10 Revealing the Secret--

"So...?" Yuki asked. Hiro and Shuichi looked at each other and nodded. They were both ready to tell Yuki what had happened 2 years earlier, but of course not without some time-wasting. "Well" Yuki was getting anxious.

"Well, uh, maybe I should get us some...tea?" Shuichi suggested as he got up and started for the kitchen. Yuki sweatdropped. Hiro just nodded. Shuichi came back in a minute later. "Water's boiling.. Soooo.. Hiro, how's the weather like?" Shuichi said trying to make small talk.

"Fine. It's pretty sunny right now, but not too warm. There's some clouds out, but not enough to rain or anything. Not humid either. A perfect day to go outside, I'd say," Hiro answered. Shuichi took the hint about the outside part.

"We should go out for a picnic today! It'll help calm our nerves. Whaddaya say guys?" Shuichi asked, smiling a big smile.

"Ok, just hurry it up! I wanna know!!" Yuki said, fidgetting around like a little kid, with his arms crossed at his chest. Hiro just nodded. Shuichi was about to chuckle at Yuki when the tea kettle went off.

"Hold on a minute!" Shuichi got up and went to the kitchen.

"So, how've you been Yuki-san?" Hiro asked, trying to start up a conversation. Yuki just shrugged. He leaned back a bit and relaxed himself. 'Just calm down' He tried to think of things other than Shuichi. Shuichi walked back in with 3 cups in one hand, each with a tea bag and a tea kettle in the other. He set the cups down and poured water in them. He went back to the kitchen for some spoons, without saying anything. "Yuki, where would you like to go for the picnic?" Hiro asked as Shuichi came in with 3 spoons. He put one in each cup.

"So, what did I miss?" Shuichi asked while he stirred his tea.

"Not much, we were just about to discuss where to go for the picnic. Any ideas?" Hiro stirred his tea and took a sip. Yuki just sat there.

"Uh, how bout the park?" Shuichi asked both of them. Yuki just shrugged.

"Sure, sounds like a plan. We better start now, if we wanna eat lunch and not an early dinner," Hiro added. Shuichi nodded and headed toward the kitchen. Hiro followed.

xXx 30 minutes later xXx

Shuichi and Hiro walked back into the living room. Shuichi was holding a blanket and Hiro was carrying a picnic basket. "C'mon Yuki! We're gunna go now!" Yuki stood up and followed them out the door after putting his shoes on. The park wasn't too far from the apartment complex so they walked. As they entered the park, Shuichi ran to a tree and yelled, "Let's sit here!!" He bounced up and down. Hiro quickened his pace and headed towards the tree. Yuki moved at a regular place. When Hiro reached the tree, Shuichi was setting the blanket out. He set the basket down in the center. The shade was good and the gentle breeze felt good. Yuki finally got there and they all sat. Shuichi leaned against the tree and Yuki had his arm around him. Hiro was laying on the side of the blanket on his stomach with his feet in the air. "So, do you wanna eat first?"

"No, let's talk," Yuki finally said something. He waited for Shuichi to start explaining things. Shuichi took a deep breath and looked at Hiro and Hiro gave him a reassuring nod.

"All right Yuki. I can't put this off anymore. I've been really moody this past week and of course you know the overall reason. Something happened two years ago, involving Hiro and me. I know you really want to know and even though it hurts me to think of it, and even more talk about it, I'll tell you." Shuichi said. Yuki just nodded. He was anxious to know.

"All right. But Shuichi if it hurts you too much, just stop. I don't want to see you hurt because I wanted to know something,"

"Ok. I understand Yuki. Now uh, lemme see how to start." Shuichi thought for a bit.

"I'll start" Hiro chimed in. Shuichi nodded and started to play with some grass near him, still paying attention. "All right, it starts like this...2 years ago, Shuichi's sister, Maiko and I were going out. We were doing perfectly fine. Shuichi was also happy," he smiled at the singer playing with the grass, "He was happy that we were finally together after years of us liking each other secretly. It all started out on Monday, the first day of summer vacation. Everything was going fine, until that night. Uh me and Maiko were sorta, uh I dunno, making out you could say, in her room. Mr. Shindou walked in and tore us apart, screaming at me to get out. That was only the beginning. I left, not wanting to cause trouble." Hiro sighed and flicked his hair back. He was about to start again when Shuichi started to.

"That night, my father must have gotten drunk or something because he never hit us. I walked into Maiko's room to see what was happening... When I walked in I saw Maiko crying, holding her cheek, the same side Hiro me on last week. That reminded me so much of my father, it got me sick. Then that week kept playing back in my head, anyway..." He sighed and started up again, "I asked her what happened and she said that father hit her because he walked in on her and Hiro. I was angry. I went downstairs to talk to my dad. He was sitting there, beer in hands, as well as many other cans scattered everywhere. I asked what was wrong and why he hit Maiko. I didn't get a verbal answer from him, instead he punched me in the stomach, hard. I doubled over in pain. But it didn't stop there, he kept punching me until he collapsed from all the booze. I walked upstairs, blood was coming from my mouth and I could tell there was gunna be tons of bruises tomorrow, but I didn't care, as long as he stayed away from Maiko." He stopped again and leaned against Yuki. Yuki squeezed him a bit to reassure him. Hiro started to talk.

"The next day, I called their house but their father didn't let me speak to Shu or Maiko. I called several times, but stopped when he yelled at me over the phone. I decided to wait for the next day." Hiro sighed a bit. Shuichi started again.

"It was even worse Tuesday. My father was still drinking, I had no idea where my mom was. I put 2 and 2 together and figured she probably left him for one reason or another. He wasn't that great of a husband. I figured he was trying to drink it out. I slept late that day, tired from the beating. I was right, there were bruises on my stomach. By the time I woke up, I heard Maiko crying out. I ran over to her room, painfully. I slammed open the door and saw my father hitting her. He was grabbing her shirt and smacking her. I jumped on him and tried to pry him off her. I got him off eventually and I told Maiko to run," Shuichi took a few deep breaths, "She had no where to go so she ran to the bathroom and locked herself in. I felt my father hit my back. I turned around and smacked him and punched him. I stopped when he passed out. I ran towards the bathroom and Maiko let me in. She saw that I had blood on me from the day before. I told her everything was okay. She said she wanted to see Hiro, and I did too, but I thought it would anger our father so I suggested we wait a day. She slept in my bed, while I sat in a chair that night. I watched over her all night, making sure my father didn't come in." Shuichi pressed his face into Yuki's chest. Yuki patted his back and tried to sooth him. Hiro picked up where Shuichi left off.

"When I finally saw the two on Wednesday, they were both in bad shape. Shuichi told me what happened and I told them they could stay the night, but Maiko was afraid that would anger their father. I put up an argument but she was too scared. Shuichi didn't want to stay if Maiko didn't stay because he needed to protect her. I gave in reluctantly. We spent the day at my house, doing nothing. When Shuichi wasn't paying attention, me and Maiko made some plans for the next night. We wanted to elope. She wanted to get away from her father. We couldn't do it that day because Shuichi was there. So we planned to meet Thursday night and go to one of those chapels that let anyone get married. We would rent a motel room first though. When they had to leave to go home, I stayed at their door a bit to make sure everything was all right. When I didn't hear anything, I left." Hiro stopped and pinched the bridge of his nose. Shuichi started up again.

"That night, nothing happened. My dad was still passed out but we wanted to be safe so Maiko slept in my bed again and I slept on the floor with a spare pillow and blanket. The next morning I woke up and found my father walking around like an idiot, trying to get dressed. I asked where he was going, he said the bar and that he'd be back around 6 or 7 or something. I nodded and headed back into the room. I heard him leave. I woke Maiko up and told her that dad wasn't gunna be home. She smiled a bit and hugged me. I told her she could go to Hiro's while I cleaned a bit. She nodded and left to get dressed. I got dressed and after a little bit, she came in and told me she was gunna go. I told her to stay safe and to be home by 7. She nodded and left. I cleaned the house the whole day. I knew why my mother had left. My father was an absolute pig! When 7 came around and Maiko wasn't home, I was worried, so I called Hiro. No answer. As soon as I hung the phone up, my father walked in, drunk as ever. I knew he would be mad at Maiko. He looked around and noticed Maiko wasn't there, when she was usually downstairs. He asked where she was and I said I didn't know. He assumed she was with Hiro and started out again. I tried to stop him but he punched me in the stomach again," he held his stomach and made a face but started again, "I fell back and couldn't get up for a while. When I did, my father as well as his car was gone. I remembered some names I heard the day before. I remembered a motel and I got on my bike and went to find it. Surprisingly, it was only a half mile away. I got there all out of breath, partially from the punch and partially from the fact I just rode as my legs let me for half a mile, I asked if a Nakano or Shindou had checked and they said they did and they were in room 4. I ran for it, when I walked in..." Shuichi trailed off and Hiro took a deep breath.

"...I..uh...was on top of Maiko on the bed. We were both almost naked. She blushed the reddest I've ever seen anyone blush and I got off her. Shuichi just stood there. When I went to talk to him, he pulled away and ran off. Me and Maiko decided it was a bad idea to elope or anything of the sort. That right there was the end of the relationship. I wanted to run after Shuichi, but he was long gone. We got dressed and I drove Maiko home on my motorcycle. When we got there, Shuichi was on the couch with his head down. We sat next to him and realized he was sobbing. We made out that his father had died in an accident while driving when he was drunk. He was looking for us. Shuichi blacked out for a while and didn't wake til the next day." Hiro stopped and took another deep breath. He ran his hand through his hair.

"When I did wake, my mom was home. I didn't mention anything about the Maiko and Hiro thing because this was enough to handle. She kept apologizing that she left. I forgave her eventually and so did Maiko. I forgave Hiro for everything, too. Friday wasn't that bad. Nothing happened. It was quiet. No body could do or say anything. We got over it though. I think that what happens every year is just aftershock or something," He sighed and lifted his head to look at Yuki. His usually cold eyes, were warm and comforting. "Well that's what happened, Yuki. Now you know...."

"Thank you Shuichi. For finally telling me. I'm really sorry for what happened to you. But now I see that you're stronger than you look. In everyway. You went through a traumatizing experience and came out with a good view on life. I couldn't save myself, but you, you saved yourself and me." Shuichi blushed a bit at what Yuki said. Hiro didn't pay attention because he was all ready digging into a sandwich. Yuki gave Shuichi a gentle kiss before they joined Hiro in devouring the food.

Owari

XxX

I finished, finally. Thanks to everyone who read my story. I hope you enjoy the ending. I let the words flow so there might be some errors or flaws somewhere in there. Anyways, check out my other 2 fics, Healing Old Scars and Winter Night. HOS is the newest and Winter Night is finally finished too. Anyway, R&R

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shamenteen on June 6, 2006, 3:12:20 AM

shamenteen on
shamenteenI love this story, very nice.

doggiegurl on April 3, 2006, 8:44:44 AM

doggiegurl on
doggiegurlomg that was the most sweetest story this one made me cry and i havent cried in six years damn my head hurts keep up the good work