Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Memory on the run

This is basically a whole bunch of random stories put together in one to make a book, but i never really got into making the stories, but here's what i have so far 

Chapter 3 - Memory on the run

Chapter 3 - Memory on the run
Tales of Oddity and Doom
Volume 1, Memory on the run

I opened my eyes, to where? It seemed pretty dark and there was barely enough light to see and inch in front of my nose. But more importantly I felt like something hard and jagged was rubbing against my back. Maybe a lump or two every couple of seconds, but it was mostly smooth. I squinted to try and see something, but all I could see was darkness and an unusual bright figure about a foot in front of me, more like a blinding white color& And another one behind me, how weird, I tried to speak out to it but my throat hurt and I was too tired to say a word. Another lump, about as big as a rock, but what was strange was that it felt like I was moving& I AM MOVING, but it felt more like I was being dragged, and it hurt more than anything with my back hitting all these lumps!
But before I could think of anything a light shined on, flooding the room with light blinding me instantly. I tried to focus, and thats when I saw the white things, no, armed guards of some sort, standing in front of me and behind me dragging me by my arms and legs. Wait, Me? Yes me, my body was about as big as an average adult, or a teenager maybe, I couldnt tell how big I was when my legs and arms were being held up. But who am I, and who are those white things dragging me? Just then I realized my surroundings, it mostly reminded me of a cave (at least what I remembered about caves) rocky walls, rocky floors, well rocky... everything.
But what was most unusual was that there was a big metal door that was on one side of the cave, probably made out of some sort of titanium, but besides that it was pretty much huge. By now I could see everything in detail and more importantly now I



could see my captors. I took a look and noticed that these white things were human shaped guys, covered in some sort of protective body armor. They were also white, a very bright and eerie shade of white that somehow glowed? They also had what you could call machine guns, but very different because they looked all futuristic, made out of some unknown metal that matched their suits.
In a way these guys looked like a far-off version of Master Chief from Halo, in a blinding shade of white, wait a second? Mater Chief... Halo...? Are these Memories or am I just going nuts, or am I nuts and Im just imagining all of this, I better check.
Hey can one of you guys pinch me because Im probably dreaming? I stupidly croaked out of the back of my throat. Suddenly both of the soldier guys stopped in dead tracks and then they slowly turned to me. Wrong move, I was quickly greeted with a tazer round to the chest and it was off to night-night land&
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? asked a loud booming voice. Just then I opened my eyes, to see nothing but well, white? I rubbed my eyes and saw yet again, white. I turn around to see, you guessed it, white. It was one of those boxed up rooms that you could find in an insane asylum, but what is it with these people and white?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? repeated the loud booming voice.
I dont have a clue, in fact I dont even know who I am I replied
That is not of importance the voice shouted BUT THE QUESTION STILL IS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?



I dont even know where here is, are we in a cave or something?
YOU ARE IN A PLACE VERY FAR FROM REALITY, BUT WE DO STILL LIMIT HOW MUCH IT CAN BE BENDED
So youre saying Im in a fantasy land, but its real? Ok& I think I earned a ride on the cuckoo train to Delusion Ave.
I AM NOT FAMILIAR OF THIS DELUSION AVE. BUT YOU DO HAPPEN TO BE CORRECT
Ok& can I go home now? (Wherever that is) I politely asked
IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WISH THEN I CANT STOP YOU, IN FACT I WANT YOU OUT OF HERE IMIDIATLY. BUT THIS BUILDING IS HEAVILY GAURDED BY OUR SOLDIERS, WHICH WILL FIRE AT YOU ON SIGHT
Uh& soldier? I asked looking very confused.
THOSE WHITE CHARACTORS WHO PUT YOU IN THIS ROOM, VERY DEADLY, AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEM, YOURE ON YOUR OWN IF YOU LEAVE THIS ROOM Said the voice with barely any emotion THE ONLY THING I CAN DO FOR YOU IS UNLOCK THE DOOR
But why are you doing this for me, I mean I hardly know you and the last thing you probably want to do is help me





LOOK IM ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE I DONT THINK DEATH IS WHAT YOU WANT TO FACE, IF YOU STAY HERE YOU WILL BE TERMINATED FOR INVADING OUR LAND
Yikes!!! I said in surprise I guess leaving wouldnt be such a bad idea by now, so how about opening that door you were talking about earlier?
I WILL DO THAT FOR YOU& The voice said as part of the wall that I was leaning on opened into a (you guessed it) white hallway GO BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
I wont think twice about that& and thanks for the help whoever you are. But I still have one question; will I ever get my memory back?
IN A WAY I CAN SAY YES& ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LEAVE THE BUILDING AND GET BACK TO YOUR WORLD
Thanks again for your help I said as I started for the door, Ill try to remember you (if I can do that)
SHUTTING ALL SYSTEMS OFF& The voice said. Then there was silence, not your ordinary silence, the kind of silence that makes you feel all weird and scratchy& like something is following you. Its probably nothing, but just to be sure I left the room and checked the area. Nothing out of the ordinary just your plain old white hall going off to either side for a short length. I decided to take a right, but what really bugged me about




these hallways was that there were no doors; the only thing I could see in the hallway was white, creepy&
I had just reached the end of the hallway when I realized there were two guards around the corner! One of them had this rifle thing and the other had a head set on, probably to ask for backup. It was pure luck that these guys were facing the other way, or else it would be goodbye cruel world for me! I had to find a way to distract them, so I did what most people do at times like this, look at the floor. Nothing came to mind until I looked at my pants, they were worn jeans that looked about a month old. An idea then hit my mind, so I checked my pockets searching for a spare change.
I had found a pencil, some gum, and lint which didnt help me there. Wait a second& PENCIL!! I took out the pencil from my pocket and threw it at the wall in front of the guards.
HEY!!!!! yelled the guard with the gun as he started towards the pencil. Now was the time for action, wait a second I didnt have a plan, how smart am I!
Whats that? said the other guard. I needed to move fast, so I ran up behind the guy with the headset and clonked the back of his head with my fist. He instantly fell to the ground but the metal his helmet was made out of was really hard!
YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! I yelled as I pulled my hand away from the impact zone.




FREEZE! yelled the other guy who had recovered from shock and now was holding his gun up to me. I had totally forgotten about this guy so I had not planned on this (and you would call a 2 second thought planning?). But the thing I hated about this guy the most was that he didnt seem to care if I lived or died. What do I do, what do I do I rapidly thought.
HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!! I had yelled. And boy, was this guy stupid, he had actually looked over to where I pointed! While he did that I took his gun then banged the butt of it against the back of his helmet!
OOF!! sputtered the guard as he fell to the ground.
At least I didnt hurt my hand in the process I said as I looked at the gun. It was a weird metallic color and it looked well& futuristic. But I had to keep moving before any one came, so I left the two to be (on the floor, Hahaha). I then came up to a door that was labeled EXIT which sounded very promising to me so I attempted to open it.
GOD!!! THIS DOOR IS LOCKED! I screamed as I pulled on the door
Yes it is, but I can unlock it for you said a mysterious voice.
How? Ill do anything if you could open this door
All you need to do is answer my question
Sure, I could do that I said with ease and relief
What is your name, stranger?
My name!? I said in disbelief.



Yes your name stranger, tell me it and the door will open
My, my name& that was the thing that broke me, I didnt even know my own name and I was knocking down armed guards with weapons& I was just about to return the room with the voice to ask for the answer but the sound of talking came from the other side of the hallway.
Are they& are they dead? someone said
No, theyre just out cold. But whats more important is that theres an intruder running loose around here, and he seems to be armed said another guy. Crap! They must of found the bodies and they were probably coming this way, I had just seconds to answer this guys question!
PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!!! IM BEGGING YOU! I screamed at the door
Not until I get an answer. It said with no emotion.
HEY I SEE HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HALLWAY, GET HIM! yelled an armed guard that came into sight at the end of the hallway.
PLEASE!!! I screamed again
I need an answer first it said again. Just then I heard a sound, not a sound, more like music? Rumbling too? It was all coming from my left pocket, so I checked it out. It was a cell-phone, just then a spark of hope lit up, maybe I could ask the caller for my name! So I opened the phone and put it to my ear.




Hey Dirk, Whats taking ya you moro& said a mystery voice, but I whipped the phone from my ear before the caller could finish.
MY NAME IS DIRK!!!! I blurted to the door
That is all I need, you may now pass said the voice as the door opened, I had no time to look through so I just ran to the other side. It was in the nick of time too because by the time I got through the door the guard had gotten to where I was standing. I closed the door and turned around to see& a street full of people and some guy staring at me?
Hey Dirk, how was the apartment? said the teenager in front of me I think you found it entertaining because I overheard you talking to yourself& haha! Just then I remembered this was my old pall Steve& then every thing else came back to me, who I was, where I was, everything!

This ends the story of Dirk, you see Dirk and Steve were trying to find a new apartment to move into because they didnt like the dorm they had on there college campus. One day Dirk and Steve found a good looking apartment and went to check it out, but when Dirk attempted to enter the room he hit his head on the top of the doorway and knocked himself unconscious. All of the events that took place in this story were just his imagination from his dream, so when he woke up he left the door thinking he escaped. But do to that life threatening moment Dirk realized that memory is the key to everything in some ways, so he decided to take action.



If you were to see Dirk today you would notice that he likes to carry a notebook around, in this notebook contains everything that Dirk felt like he needed to remember. Basically now Dirk attempts to be more careful at everything and he always trys to keep his mind in great condition.




THE END

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment