Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - [none]

A depressing, normal hedgehog names Lightning (I took his name...mwee) is writing in a diary. Everything that happens to him goes in here...And it's his only chance to understand his own life.

Chapter 1 - [none]

Chapter 1 - [none]
11/12/02

This morning I woke up and you know what? There was no breakfast at all! I saw everyone else moaning in hunger and I was wondering what had happened until Blazer came along and answered me. It was pretty straightforward because ever since Emerald had come back from his home, he had been bugging us everyday. I wish he would just go back home. I’m sick of him and he’s only been here a few weeks.

A few hours later I found myself lying on the ground, not knowing where I was. It was strange. I think I had been trying to get food when Emerald found out and tackled me and I fell unconscious. I got up and started to feel around and see if I was ok. Then Chaser came along and used her psychic powers and started seeing into my future for no reason at all. Then she said that I would go on all day without food. I think I know who’s going to consume all of it.

11/13/02

Yesterday everyone in the house starved because Emerald was on the rampage for food and since he was a bigger eater than us, we gave up out food. I have to admit Scout put up a pretty good fight, until Emerald had clobbered him. It’s in the afternoon and I’m really excited because Thanksgiving is coming. Well, even a smarty-pants (As everyone calls me, even though I hate the thought of being one) needs a break from all of those school tests! I was walking down the stairs this morning and minding my own business until Blazer began batting her eyes at me. I tried to ignore her, but I found it terribly hard. It’s kind of distracting to have someone do that to you.

Later
I went in my room to study and then when I got out, everyone was gone. There was a sloppy note on the table with a cookbook next to it. Here was the note:
Dear Lightning,
If you cook, we’re not coming back, so well, you better go to the mall if you’re going to look for us.
Signed,
The Entire Residence of this house
I wanted to cook, but I decided to go to the mall instead.

11/14/02

How did I end up cooking so terribly? If Eggman has something behind this, I won’t stand for it. I’ve had enough of Eggman in my life. Forget it. I’m so terribly bored that if Eggman shows up again, I think I’ll stand up to the challenge. But again, I still want to see Thunder, so if he does do anything to me, I think I’ll borrow a martial arts book from Knuckles and pound him under a fist. It haunts me to know Eggman might show up any moment, bobbing up and down at my window. Yesterday I went to the mall and found everyone there ordering food. How obvious of Emerald to order food. The cashiers seemed awfully happy when they saw him. I think I know why. He bought trays and trays of food and was savoring every bite. Rather what I called kind of disgusting. He kept sloshing around his mouth afterwards and when he sipped water it was more like he was trying to drink the whole ocean all at once, it took so long. We waited 2 whole hours for him to finish!

11/15/02

I woke up this morning not feeling too well. Chaser and Whirlwind came into my room when I didn’t come out. Whirlwind took my temperature and announced to nearly half the planet that I had a low fever. I think I better stop writing before Chaser comes up again to take care of me. She hates it when people disobey her because she’s read a lot of medical books and when it comes to sicknesses, she’s the real deal. I think she’s going to be a nurse. But I don’t want to ask, because when Scout joked about it, she screamed at him and wouldn’t stop until Venus calmed her down.

11/17/02

I couldn’t write the other day because I got really sick. I’m still coughing and it seems rarely that people come through the door to visit me. Chaser seems to be common visitor and everyone else acts like I might poison them or something. I’ve been feeling really drowsy. Chaser just came in to give me medicine a while ago and I couldn’t refuse like I did yesterday. But what I did do was throw the spoon across the tray she was holding. She looked shocked, but I couldn’t get the medicine to go down so I stumbled down the stairs for more water. I just finally got the taste of cherry medicine out of my mouth. I think I feel another coughing fit coming.

11/18/02

I’m still sick, but I barely cough now. People keep coming into my room. Since Scout has been my friend for a long while, I let him look at my stuff. He found a bunch of papers and tried to organize them for me, but he messed them all up. I got mad at him because he put them all into the wrong order, but I knew he was just trying to help, so I contained myself. He’s been talking all day. I managed to write down this little conversation.
“What do you do in bed when you’re sick?�
“Um, I guess I just read or wait around for someone to show up so I can talk to.� (I guess I was feeling kind of bored then, because when I thought about how I had said it, I sounded as dull as a doornail)
“What? You mean you don’t go hyper at all? Aw, that sounds bad...�
“You’re not supposed to go hyper. You’re supposed to feel tired.�
“I know. But I thought different people might be different.�
“Oh, sure.�
I guess that was the best part of the day, because the part when he asked me if people went hyper when they were sick kind of made me crack.

11/19/02
I feel a lot better today and I’m allowed to wander around the house, but I can’t go outside or use too much of my energy. Chaser always makes those rules. I guess I broke her ‘law’ by chasing Whirlwind around the house because he called me an ‘it’ by accident and I was in the mood for joking so I started a game of tag. In the end, I felt dizzy and I had to rest for a while to regain my energy again. Chaser was standing over me lecturing the whole time while Venus was standing there yakking away about something.

11/21/02

I couldn’t find you, diary, yesterday, so I had to go on without you. It was totally uneventful yesterday, so I think it was a good day to lose you. Today Chaser said I’m getting better, so when she went outside to rake the leaves with Whirlwind, I was teaching Emerald how to use the treadmill. He got interested, but when I was doing a demonstration, he turned it up full speed, so I soon fell off and now I have scratches all over. I got back up and told him to get on and turned it on just enough so he could jog. He got tired in a few minutes and I was starting to give up hope when he said he would go get a drink and come back and try again. But he came back and when he started jogging, he said he was tired and hungry, so I officially gave up. I think he was happy that I did.

11/22/02

I woke up this morning to a crashing sound downstairs, so I decided to go see what was going on. Venus, being the happy bat that she is (Yes, very happy), had been flying around when she ran into the light fixture because she had had her eyes closed. I think it was because she was really happy that we were going to shop. Scout was helping her up, but she refused and started crying. Scout just stood there stunned, so I had to help her up and take her into the bathroom. Blazer finally woke up and started tending to Venus. Blazer smiled at me as I left the room. I returned it with a mischievous grin. Emerald, being the all-around dope that he is, was rolling around because he couldn’t walk, and didn’t notice a thing. I think I’ll have to try the treadmill again. People have to practically kick him down the stairs before he would go down.
Later
It wasn’t too surprising. Emerald clogged up the staircase while going down and got stuck, so everyone had to try and use all their strength to push him down. It took us such a long time so then he was sleeping and didn’t move his legs too make work easier for us. You don’t want to have to run into a problem like that. It felt like trying to shove a 10-ton elephant out of your way. It’s not fun. It’s a waste of time.

11/23/02

School was kind of boring today. With a Social Studies teacher rambling on and on about the Indians and all that other ‘good’ stuff, I can’t say I’m sorry. I’ve liked every subject I’ve taken so far-but this is by far the worst. I made a poster, worked so hard on it, put every feature the teacher wanted on it. And you know what I got? A B-. Isn’t that so very pleasant. Usually I would think that was an ok grade. But not when the teacher goes up to me and says, “Lightning, this isn’t like you. You rarely get B-‘s. Is there something wrong?� She made it sound as if it were terrible tragic, as if I had drowned and she was just saying to my spirit, “Lightning, it isn’t like you to have drowned. Oh, is there something you want to tell me as to how you’ve drowned?� I then took the poster back home, worked on it more, gave it back and then she said she shouldn’t redo my grade, as if she did, I would get an F or something. Thunder must be doing well in his classes. He never complains.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

LightningOfThunder on December 6, 2005, 2:58:35 AM

LightningOfThunder on
LightningOfThunderUhh...so...lightning the hedgehog...allready...been...
Created...?...woops...my faulth...
You`re story is okay! =D...if i readed it...