Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - [none 2]

A depressing, normal hedgehog names Lightning (I took his name...mwee) is writing in a diary. Everything that happens to him goes in here...And it's his only chance to understand his own life.

Chapter 3 - [none 2]

Chapter 3 - [none 2]
11/24/02

School is getting on my nerves. I like all of my subjects, but it seems as if there’s a rainstorm raining on my head in Social Studies class. It seems like a period of extremely boring work. Especially when the teacher (Who has a dry sense of humor) is also trying to entertain you. Then it gets horrifyingly boring. She just starts laughing by herself at something that isn’t even funny and looks at us afterwards as if she had expected us to laugh with her. I don’t think she should expect that anymore. She’s not doing such a good job of making us have fun.

11/26/02

Class project yesterday. I couldn’t write. Blazer gave me a small gift for Thanksgiving. She just said it was something only I could find a use for. The gift were 2 round acorns that fit in my palm. I thanked her politely, but I still don’t know what to do with them. I put them inside a little box on my desk so I can look at them. I’m pretty sure I can’t make acorn mash with only 2 acorn. I guess I’ll just make them part of my room decoration. In fact, I think I’ll have Venus decorate my room. She has a good eye for designs. But if she covers my whole wall with pictures of movie stars, I think I’ll tear the whole wall down.

11/27/02

I’m confused. My past has so many struggles and ties to it, it’s hard to even explain to myself. Thunder has good memory. Maybe I should ask him what my past really was. I was asking Whirlwind, and he got me so confused, I ended up going up to him and saying thanks, trying to sound polite. But whenever he retold what I wanted to hear over, he said something else. How would I be sure he wasn’t lying? I can trust Thunder more than I can trust anyone else. Whirlwind, you lied to me. Well, no one is perfect, but I wanted to hear truth when it came to my past...

11/28/02

THANKSGIVING IS HERE! Time to write what I’m most thankful for...A great family, great friends, a roof over my head...Yes, those are nearly everything. I’ve also made a goal that seems possible in doing because Thunder and I and the others always seem to get into trouble. I’ve decided that when someone I care for gets into peril with, well, anyone, but especially Eggman, I’d, well, give my life for them. I mean, I’ve never thought about it this way before. But the more I see scenes of people suffering, cowering in corners with scared expressions on their faces, I just made that decision. I’ve never thought of it as trying to get fame because everyone ignored me, even a stick. I just wanted to do it to help others. The sickening thought of being on the Dark Side kept haunting me and nearly every night when I thought of the words Sonic had said to Thunder, I kept moaning to myself and crying why I couldn’t have been born to be as great as Thunder was. He was just everyone’s hero. But because he was my brother, I didn’t envy him as much. Because Sonic and all the others were my friends, I didn’t want to just go up to them and say, “I wish I were as great as you. I’m jealous.� It all seems rude and I’d hate to find myself doing that. It’s terribly ridiculous. Besides, it didn’t matter to me whether I was on the Dark Side, Hero, or not anymore. I just felt like getting my revenge on Eggman. He always ruined everything.

11/29/02

I...ugh, today was great day if Whirlwind hadn’t greeted me with a smirk and a punch in the arm. Whirlwind is getting on my nerves and I don’t want to be angry with him...He’s just getting very annoying and I don’t know what he’s doing that for. I always wanted be friends with him. But now the only people I can trust are: Thunder, Scout, Blazer and people whose name isn’t Whirlwind. ‘Cause you know what? Whirlwind was kind and generous. Always. Now he’s changed. Now I have a horrible urge to punch him, too. But he used to be my friend, and I don’t want to hurt his feelings. I guess I’ll just explode and lash out at him when I get too angry. Then he won’t think twice of being mean to me again.

12/09/02

I wrote a poem the other day. I never really was into poetry, but in writing class the teacher told us to write a poem and I decided that I would borrow Blazer’s book of poems and see how it goes. Here’s the poem:

Wishes are a Dream

By: Lightning Storm

Every time I see my reflection,
I always wish to be someone else
Sometimes I just want to change my reputation
But then people would think I’m different
Not being who I am
But what if I needed a change myself?
I’m sure I won’t turn into a bear or a ram
I just want to change the way I am
A quality that is a disadvantage
Though now that I think about it
I can only be who I am
I might want to be a horse
That gallops through the plains
But I’ll never turn into that
Or gallop that terrain
I might want to be a rose
Never withering in the valley
But try as I might
I’m still myself
No matter how hard I try
Some wishes can’t come true
No matter how hard you wish
No matter how much you get carried away to that distant land
No matter how much you want to see yourself like that
It will never happen
But when I look in the mirror at my reflection
I still wish to be someone else
But that’s just something I’d wish for
Not something that’s real
Therefore, that wish is a dream
So it’s a dream I can’t win or fail

I’m not too good at poetry, but atleast now I have something else to learn.

12/10/02

Last night I had to share a room with Emerald and I was really tired and he was lying there moaning that he couldn’t go to sleep and said maybe the closet was more comfy so I gave up on letting him sleep on my bed because he was guest in my room and shoved him in the closet. I was really disgusted when I went to sleep and he was sleep talking about Eggman and saying things like, “Oh, Eggman, I want to be with you...�. In the end I dragged him out of my room and finally went to sleep at 1 o’clock in the morning.

12/11/02

Whirlwind got a heinous-looking spider costume that I just can’t explain. In fact, I’ll just give some details that when I’ll read over, faint from fear. Well, it only has 7 legs that are made of fabric and are hairy and hideous. They’re black with gray hairs. 2 legs go on each of his ears (One on each ear), one leg for each arm and 1 leg for each leg, of course. He barged into my room and scared me half to death while I was studying. (I have a terrible case of arachni-phobia) I had to jump on my desk and then when I was going to tackle him, he started laughing, so I sprinted out of my room and out the front door and wouldn’t come back in. So Chaser made Whirlwind go outside because he was inside waving his arms around like a lunatic. Then, I went back inside, looked out the window, and you know what I saw? Whirlwind’s shadow looming over these ants carrying food and he was going, “MUAHAHAHAHA! I AM YOUR MASTER! EACH AND ONE OF YOU! Now I shall perform an amazing trick.� Then he squashed a bunch of ants. If that was his trick, I think I’d rather not see anymore of his ‘amazing’ tricks.

12/12/02

Also, a few nights ago, Whirlwind said that Emerald would eat me. But Emerald didn’t eat me and I was grateful and Whirlwind was disappointed (Haha, Whirlwind). But that was days ago. This is now. Well, Venus played one of her greatest tricks yet (No, not decorate my room with movie star pictures, thank goodness). She made a fake cake in her room, made Emerald bite into it and then Emerald’s teeth broke. He doesn’t sound normal now. He sounds like an old man. Rather an old echidna. Um, not a good sound to hear. I hope his teeth grow back. But now he’s with Thunder and, uh, he should be getting strict exercise schedules. At least I hope so.

12/13/03

I walked through the door this afternoon after deciding to get in because of the rain. I was just walking outside for no reason at all. When I got in, Scout tackled me. I was wondering if he was trying to make me mad at him, too. But I realized it was playful tackle and not something that Whirlwind would do. Nothing seems exciting anymore that Emerald isn’t around. Everything seemed so...normal. Except the point that they let me cook for some reason. That was the strange thing. I guess they just wanted something to complain about because Emerald wasn’t around to complain about anymore. So I tried to follow the recipe in the cookbook and I must’ve done something wrong because I tasted it and I spit it out and had start over again and it took me 6 tries to make this chicken thingamabob edible.

12/14/02

I went to the store and bought Christmas presents. I got a stuffed bird for Blazer, who has a soft spot for birds. A magazine on bicycles and skateboards for Scout, too. Scout is really into riding his skateboard and sometimes without a helmet, so I was hoping this magazine would actually give him some safety tips. Since Whirlwind was born in October, I got him an Opal Ring. I heard that they brought bad luck. I hope that’s not true...For Venus I got this make-up set because she keeps complaining about her looks. For Chaser I got her a book called ‘The Key to True Meditating’. I hope she likes it. I STILL don’t know what Thunder would like...I guess I’ll go think about it. I know what to get for Emerald, though. Just a whole packet of fruit for him to go on a diet on.

12/15/02

Thunder wants me to stay with him for Christmas! Isn’t that special? I’ve missed him so much, and I haven’t heard a word from him for such a long time. Whirlwind’s becoming unbearable. Ha, wait until I tell him what I’ve got in store for Christmas. He thinks he’s got the best plans just hanging out, passing out presents, drinking hot cocoa and talking to a group of friends. That’s great, too, but I still think being with my brother is more special. Not to say that yesterday Pluto teleported here, started calling Chaser an imposter, beat Chaser up and knocked her unconscious. Afterwards she was sitting in her room plotting revenge, which isn’t like her, because have you ever heard of Tikal plotting revenge? I haven’t, and she’s close to being Tikal’s copy. Peace means the world to her. I-I don’t understand. What did Chaser ever do to Pluto? Well, people have their reasons, so I guess I’ll just stay out of it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment