Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - [none 3]

A depressing, normal hedgehog names Lightning (I took his name...mwee) is writing in a diary. Everything that happens to him goes in here...And it's his only chance to understand his own life.

Chapter 4 - [none 3]

Chapter 4 - [none 3]
12/16/02

I...am...so...OOO, WAIT UNTIL WHIRLWIND HEARS THIS! He told me that he had studied for the exam we were having in class...Ha! I took the exam and guess what. I have my grade and it’s probably TWICE as good as his! Er, not to be mean or anything...He just humiliates me so much, I’m going to get back. I got 115% because of all of the extra credit and extra explaining I did! WOO-HOO! Oh, yeah! I’m so happy! Wait, let me go tell Whirlwind.
That spoiled...No, that bully...When I told him he smacked me...I’m glad Chaser’s not like him...I mean, she’s nice and all, but she’s really bossy. Well, I guess I’m bossy, too, but I don’t really see why she went up to me the other day and started telling me how to plant a FLOWER. She said that she wanted me to transplant this flower into a pot and she was teaching me how and I nearly fell asleep when she finally said, “Fine. Do it yourself,� and left.

12/17/02

I played such a cool trick on Whirlwind! I hid in his closet, put a hood over my head and face, a lot of baggy clothes, and waited until Whirlwind opened his closet. He and Scout share the same room, and they were looking for Whirlwind’s boom box so they could listen to Scout’s music tape. So when he opened it, I tackled him and he started screaming stuff about monsters and Scout was just sitting and watching and clapping and eating popcorn. Then, Whirlwind pulled my hood off and he started screaming, “AAH! THE MONSTER’S HEAD FELL OFF!� So I laughed even harder and started just rough-housing with him. So in the end, Mom had to break us up because we had nearly destroyed the room. When we went downstairs, Scout said, “Let’s make a new show!� And he started whacking Whirlwind with his tail and Whirlwind was ready to fight so they just started fighting. Then Blazer came in with her sketchbook, laughed and began to draw Whirlwind’s astonished face. So I just sat back and looked while she giggled and sketched. Then Whirlwind got suspicious at why she was giggling and staring at him so he came over, screamed at a laughing Blazer, ripped her picture from the sketchbook and ripped it. She got really mad at him and they were yelling at each other, and yet again, Mom had to break up the fight.

12/18/02

Mom brought Whirlwind to school today and he heard a very interesting conversation that I sounded like a stuck-up little kid. Well, I guess he said that they were making up voices, so I can’t say they were serious. Whirlwind was just saying, “I don’t like stuck-up brats. You never told me you were one. That’s too bad, because now I know.� I could’ve hit him right then and there, but I was used to this kind of thing so I just left him. I think he was disappointed that I didn’t react to his point. I’ve been thinking about Thunder a lot lately. I don’t know why, but when it comes to Christmas time, I turn to my friends and family. Well, of course, that’s what it’s all about, being with your family and all of that. I was thinking about how much Thunder’s done for me and suddenly I had a terrible urge to hug him and say, “Thank you for everything, Thunder...� After my fantasy, I found myself hugging Scout and he was wriggling furiously and then he had this huge grin and said, “You’re a great friend, Lightning, but suffocating me doesn’t help.� I was kind of embarrassed, hugging someone mindlessly, though.

12/19/02

I had a horrifyingly boring math class. The old one left for vacation and this sub was in and he talked like a robot that was forcing the words out of its mouth. I was sitting in the middle row and listening and listening to what he was saying until I got so tired of him I began to doodle on the paper, not paying attention to a thing he said. Finally, when the math period ended, I was bored out of my brains and I almost ran to Social Studies, which was impossible for me. Also, while I was walking down the hall, Chaser ran into me, coming out of the gym and she’s just muttering under her breath, “Peace...Think peace...�. I guess she’s becoming her normal self again; obsessed with peace and harmony. I can’t say I’m sorry, with all the havoc going on these days.

12/20/02

Thunder’s been trying to sing! Well, that’s not too surprising. I try to sing, too. Today I was walking outside and I saw Whirlwind opening the mailbox so I jumped behind the bush behind the mailbox. It was really weird, because he never noticed, no matter how many sounds I made. So when he finally tore the letters from the box, I jumped on him and there you are, a typical day, rolling around the sidewalk and yelling. We had to break up, though. The Pinkerton security people came around and we didn’t exactly want to be in trouble. Whirlwind was sulking all day, probably still shocked at what I did. I didn’t sulk though. I was busy rubbing my aching arm. Then Chaser came along and tried, notice, I said ‘tried’ to massage my arm for me. Instead I screamed because it really hurt. Atleast the way she did it. Finally, we were called to lunch so she had to stop. I was so glad.

12/21/02

We were decorating the Christmas tree today. The bad thing was that whenever I put something on in a position Whirlwind didn’t like, he knocked the tree over and we all had start over again. It took 9 tries to work out what he wanted. Luckily, the tree was fake and our size. Unluckily, the tree looked terrible because Whirlwind didn’t have an eye for art. At the end, Venus was whining that the tree didn’t look like what it was supposed to look like, because Whirlwind put all the ornaments all bunched up at the front of the tree and the rest of the branches were bare. Scout ignored Whirlwind for the rest of the day because Whirlwind refused to put Scout’s homemade ornament on the tree, and Blazer kept glancing at Whirlwind in a mean way for what seemed like no reason at all. Whirlwind kept trying to bump into everyone in his way just for the fun of it. Suddenly, I began to wish that his Opal Ring that he’ll have sooner or later will bring him bad luck. I know that’s not nice, but...Uh, oh. He’s coming in. BYE!

12/22/02

Everyone is so busy...Everyone but Whirlwind. We were running around and he just sat around chewing on his glove and watching us with glee. Nobody seemed to notice though, they were so busy. But I have no trouble watching out for him. I have to, if I’ll ever make it through anything. I don’t think he’s that affectionate, but he’s not exactly very mean. He just has a rough side. But I can’t worry about that now, because we have to wrap the presents. I found some nice wrapping paper with clouds on them. I don’t know if I should wrap Whirlwind’s present with it, though. He’d think I was trying to make his present look boring-the gray clouds all over it and all.

12/23/02

I know Thunder just wants me to visit him and be with him for Christmas, but instead I just got him a book. Er, I know that that IS kind of old, but he does seem to like reading a bit. I had a hard time making the card, because I couldn’t resist putting a guy with puffy black hair on the front. I kept erasing the picture over and over and over again until I made up my mind. Instead, I drew an echidna. Blazer laughed at my first attempt, so she drew an example for me because she said I looked like I was suffering. I was wondering from what when she said it looked like I was suffering from not being able to draw a good echidna. I don’t know what she was thinking. I was having fun! Oh well.

12/24/02

I’m so happy! Whirlwind’s acting like we’re friends again! Except for the fact that he still plays tricks on me, but they’re not fatal, so I don’t mind. But atleast I thought the box in my bedroom containing a large fake spider that he put there was funny. He had put it on my bed, so I opened it and screamed. Pretty soon, Whirlwind, Scout and Blazer were standing there laughing. I think they were in it together.

12/26/02

X-mas at Thunder’s was a real blast! I was so happy to see him! Now, I really want to see him again and again and again...Um, let’s not get carried away. But I’m really tired right now, so mind you, I better get some rest.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment