Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prototype

This isn't a story in itself, just the nuts and bolts of a story I'm working on. I'm putting this out to see what you think, so by all means comment! Sorry if it's hard to read or confusing- I hadn't originally meant this to be posted.

Chapter 1 - Prototype

Chapter 1 - Prototype

OK, here's what I've got for the story "Into The Void" so far. Lukas is a fairly average French 14-year-old, (if somewhat of a loner) except he has phenomenal computer programming skills, better than most middle-age professionals. While doing something on the internet, he accidentally hacks into the XANA supercomputer. The resulting torrent of data crashes and nearly destroys his computer. Eager to find out what happened and encouraged by the miniscule bits of data he had decoded, Lukas sets out on a quest to crack the supercomputer. Unfortunately, he lacks the resources. However, though some cosmic stroke of luck, his parents win a multi-state lottery. (Speaking of cosmic luck, he goes to Kadic Junior High, though Jeremy and company do not know him.) Using his share of the money (and some clever diplomacy), Lukas manages to get a more powerful computer and add extra components until the computer is so large, it is integrated into every wall of his room. Lukas finally has the capacity to covertly begin decoding the information received from XANA.

What he finds is a brief audio/video transmission of Lyoko. After hacking into the supercomputer's resources, Lukas is able to obtain the behemoth machine's schematics, as well as more info on Lyoko. Later, he taps into XANA while Jeremy and company are busy on Lyoko. Lukas then understands the nature of Lyoko and creates his own digital appearance, which he dubs Fenixx. Equipped with a number of defensive systems, Fenixx is a programmer's Mona Lisa- seemingly flawless. However, Lukas does not have a scanner and spends several months covertly acquiring the parts necessary to construct a scanner small enough to fit in a rug and draw no more power than a really big stereo system. While extraordinarily small, the miniscanner requires the user to stand on it for up to five minutes before virtualization.

Finally, after test-running the systems with an apple (which appears in digital form on Lyoko undamaged), Lukas takes his first journey onto Lyoko. An overall success, Lukas even manages to destroy a Blok dispatched after him. However, on his second trip, things go awry when he runs into the regular gang. XANA makes things go out of hand and the end result is Lukas being pseudo-devirtualized. That is, his life points hit 0, kicking in his restoration halo, which had been previously messed with by XANA. This revives Fenixx, but the Scyphozoa takes advantage of his momentary immobility and steals his materialization codes. Lukas still has full access to his computer's programs and files, allowing him access to its functions. He can't reprogram his codes, though. He can't have Jeremy make one for him, either, due to the unique coding style of Fenixx.

Lukas is now in serious danger. XANA wants to do to him what it already did to William. Especially because Lukas' programming and hacking skills could effectively combat Jeremy's own programming, allowing XANA to directly hack into Jeremy's creations. Lukas resists well, though, and ultimately Lukas and the others face a pack of every monster (plus evil versions of Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi), led by none other than William. It's a battle of titanic proportions, but there's a catch: XANA has managed to temporarily disable EVERYONE's materialization codes. During the battle, all of the heroes sustain massive damage. When an opportunity arises, William attempts to attack Aelita, who only has 10 life points. Since Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi are all fighting their dark doppelgangers, Lukas attacks William, resulting in them both being dematerialized. However, instead of simply disappearing, Lukas' data is funneled into XANA, who forces Lukas to join him. The hero experiences firsthand the ruthlessness and malice of XANA when he is slowly converted.

Now refitted with a black, gray, and red uniform bearing the Eye of XANA, Lukas is dispatched alongside William with a complement of a quartet of Tarantulas. Their goal: to destroy the Skidbladnir digital submarine. Lukas cannot resist due to being possessed by XANA and engages in combat against his former allies. Though all Tarantulas are destroyed and both he and William sustain heavy LP loss, they devirtualize all except Ulrich, whom they disarmed. Lukas' halo program's residual code begins to interfere with the XANA link, and just as William prepares to strike, Lukas (incapable of attacking William himself) tosses his glaive to Ulrich in what seems to be an attack. However, it was really a subtle pass: Ulrich catches it and bats William away from the Skidbladnir. Though the move breaks XANA's control and somehow forcibly devirtualizes Lukas into the factory, his health suffers immensely. Lukas has to spend some time in the hospital before returning to Kadic.

He accepts an offer to join the Code Lyoko team, but is not always directly involved in their missions, unless he is direly needed. (Lukas prefers to operate from his home or his laptop, since he's used to HIS supercomputer.) Though Lukas does not return to Lyoko for some time, eventually he reassumes his virtual identity and continues to assist in the fight against XANA. Since he was able to break free of XANA's possession, Lukas makes it his primary mission to break XANA's hold on William and moves his center of operations, taking residence at Kadic and using a laptop wirelessly linked to his supercomputer. He even installs a miniscanner into a rug in his room, allowing 24/7 access to Lyoko.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment