Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Book

He was bored, she lent him a book. Now he''s hooked on it like the majority of teenage firls in America. Yep. Beastboy read Twilight.

Chapter 1 - The Book

Chapter 1 - The Book
"Raven! ….hey! Raven! Yoo-hoo?" Raven's eyes narrowed and she slammed her book shut to glare at the annoying green pest before her.

"What?!" she yelled in her famous monotone voice. Beastboy flinched and backed up afraid that he'd be sent flying into a wall. "You wanted my attention, and now you have it. So, what do you want Beastboy?" She said in an annoyed tone. Beastboy composed himself and smiled.

"I just wanted someone to talk to Rae! I'm boreeeeeeeeeeeed…" Raven rolled her eyes and Beastboy sighed and fell onto the couch she was sitting on.

"Why don't you go annoy Cyborg?" She started re-opening her book.

"He's with Titans East." He replied sadly and sighed again.

"Robin?" She suggested again.

"Locked in his room." He replied with a sigh.

"Starfire?" she suggested with a hint of curiosity at where the Titans loud bundle of joy and hyperness was. Beastboy turned to look at her with a disgusted expression.

"Who do think Robins locked in his room with?" Raven shuddered at the thought and silently thanked god she couldn't hear their thoughts.

"So…in other words, im the only one left that you can annoy?" she asked once again in a annoyed tone. Beastboy's expression brightened and he nodded.

"Yupp!" He said happily. Raven sighed and stood up.

" As much as I would love to Beastboy…I need to finish this book." She said turning to leave. Beastboy wrapped his arms around her waist, in an effort to make her stay. He looked like a child clinging to his mother. Raven narrowed her eyes at the unwanted physical contact.

"Aw but Raveeeeeeeeeeen…. I'm so boooooooooooored….please entertain meeeeeee!!!" He whined holding on to her. She groaned in annoyance.

"Beastboy you're acting like a toddler. Surely you can find something to do. Read a book for once." She said trying to pry him away from her. He released his grip and stared at her.

"I do to read books!" He said in defense. She rolled her eyes.

"Comics don't count. Here," She takes out a thick book from somewhere in her cloak and hands it to him. " Read this. I want it back though." She leaves and Beastboy stares at the foreign object in his hands with curiosity. The cover was black with two pale hands holding an apple. The title was in silver.

'Twilight?' he thought to himself. He shrugged and went up to his room.

'Might as well read it…I've got nothing better to do.' He entered his room and leaped over the piles of clothes and other unknown items sprawled out on his floor. He sat on his bottom bunk bed and opened up to the preface.

I'd never given much thought to how I would die-though I'd had reason enough in the last few moths- but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

I stared without breathing across the long room, into the dark eyes of the hunter, and he looked pleasantly back at me.

Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.

I knew that if I'd never gone to Forks, I wouldn't be facing death now. But, terrified as I was, I couldn't bring myself to regret the decision. When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he sauntered forward to kill me.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment