Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Deal

Abused by the head of her family, Rin Sohma turns to a well-known website for a way out... All she needs to do is untie the red string.

Chapter 2 - The Deal

Chapter 2 - The Deal
11:59pm

Rin's pale face was glowing blue from the laptop resting on her knees. She had asked Shigure if she could borrow it, and he agreed. She glanced at the time, her eyes wide with anticipation. She typed in the URL for the site, and the mouse's arrow was on the send button.

12:00am

Quickly, her finger clicked the mouse. A black screen appeared, then a flame. The flame disappeared and there was a message saying: "Your request will be heard" and then a blank box. She hesitated for a moment, but then typed the following;

Please Send Sohma Akito To Hell

And then clicked send. The box disappeared and a message written in red font read: "Your message has been heard." The page went white and the words: "Server Not Found" was in giant bold text. She glanced at the clock.

12:01am.

'D-Did it work?' She thought with an ounce of hope in her heart. It was quiet, until a childish voice filled the room.

"You called for me." Rin spun around and saw a girl standing not to far away from her. She long black hair seemed to flow wildly like fire, and her eyes resembled the color of blood. She wore a black and white sailor fuku uniform. She looked no older than 14.

'A middle scholar?' Rin thought in shock, then she realized what time it was. Visiting hours were LONG over. Her eyes widened.

'Is she….could she be…'

"My name…is Ai Enma." The girl said in a spine chilling cold voice. She walked towards Rin who was scared shootless. Ai outstretched her arm towards Rin, and Rin's eyes looked down at Ai's hand to see a small straw doll, with a blue string tied around the dolls neck. She looked back at Ai with confusion.

"Take this." Ai said gently, and Rin's eyes stared into hers. "If you untie the thread then the contract will be complete. Your enemy will be sent straight to hell." Rin's eyes widened, and her small hands took the doll, she hoped that Ai did not notice how her hands were trembling in fear. Rin opened her mouth to say a quiet thank you, when Ai stopped her. "But…To curse someone is to dig a double grave. In return for sending someone to hell, after death your soul will go to hell as well." She said calmly, and the little color that was in Rin's face vanished.

'I…. will go to hell…as well?' Rin's eyes started to water. She hated Akito with her heart and soul, but if the price was her own soul…could she do it? She looked away from Ai, her eyes rimmed with tears.

'My soul…will be the price for sending Akito's to hell…what…should I do?'

"Ai-San-" Rin turned back to try and get more information by asking Ai questions, but to her shock, Ai had disappeared. Once again…Rin felt alone.

She clutched the doll closer to her chest, and leaned against the wall. Before she knew it, her eyes were fluttering shut.

"The rest is up to you…"

"Rin…?" Haru's strong arms wrapped around Rin's naked body as tears continuously fell from her eyes. She cried into his chest, her tears dripping down Haru's bare torso. "Rin…was it another nightmare?" He asked calmly, his hand gently stroking her hair. She shook her head, and more tears streaked down from her eyes.

"Akito…what if Akito found out? Haru…he'd…he'd hurt you…like he hurt Hatori-San…" She cried out, and Haru's eyes widened a fraction of an inch. He held her closer, in an attempt to reassure her.

"He won't find out…and Rin…I can handle whatever he would do if he did find out." He whispered into her ear. Her eyes widened, and tears still formed. He pulled back to stare into her eyes. His mouth leaned in closer to hers, as he whispered; "Because I love you."

A sharp pain shot up her entire arm. Startled, Rin jolted up, clutching her arm. She looked around to see that she was in the hospital…not in her home…and not with Haru. It was just another dream. She removed her hand from her throbbing arm, and her eyes widened. There was blood…her blood, on her palm. She looked over to her left and her widened even more. Akito was standing next to her bed, her I.V in his hand. He had ripped it out of her arm…that's why there's blood.

She was scared. Not because of her bleeding arm, or for the I.V of morphine that was blocking out the pain of her head injury… No. It was Akito…The look of pure hatred in his eyes…as well as the look of murder. She was about to scream for help when Akito backhanded her with monstrous force. She touched her red, and swollen cheek in shock.

"You think you deserve to live, you dirty little dog?! Huh?! Because of you Hatsuharu won't even look at me!" He hit her again, this time his fist made contact with her gut. Rin coughed repeatedly, trying to catch her breath. "Do you think you're really needed?! I was doing you a favor by pushing you out a window! You're useless! You're better off dead!" Another one of Akito's punches nailed her in the face, causing a small amount of blood fall from the corner of her mouth. Pain engulfed the young girl, she wanted to fight back. But she was simply too weak. As Akito's punches increased, her body soon started to ache all over. There was blood all over the sheets.

Her hand squeezed something that felt like straw. She was barely able to open her left eye to see what the object was. It was a straw doll. Realization hit her like Akito's fists. She remembered the website, and the strange girl who called herself Ai Enma…she was The Hell Girl. This doll was given to Rin as a tool for her revenge. Her right hand slowly made its way towards the red string tied around the dolls neck. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Akito pull of a knife from his jacket.

"If you untie the thread then the contract will be complete. Your enemy will be sent straight to hell…."

Her pale fingers grasped the thread gently, and Akito held the handle of the knife with both hands tightly.

"But…To curse someone is to dig a double grave. In return for sending someone to hell, after death your soul will go to hell as well…"

She clutched the string tightly, and Akito held the knife above his head, he was about to plunge it into Rin's heart.

"Do you still want revenge?"

"Yes." Rin muttered and shut her eyes tightly as she pulled the string with all of her might. As Akito thrusts the knife towards her.

"You're revenge has been granted"

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SacredWolf on April 1, 2010, 5:43:51 PM

SacredWolf on
SacredWolfwow this is awesome!:D but one question, in the beginning at the 12th paragraph u put the string is blue but in the end it was red, y did it turn red? was it because akito was near?

LuluxKei101 on April 2, 2010, 10:38:34 AM

LuluxKei101 on
LuluxKei101o.o I did? Oops, must have been a mistake XD my bad