Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Freedom

Abused by the head of her family, Rin Sohma turns to a well-known website for a way out... All she needs to do is untie the red string.

Chapter 3 - Freedom

Chapter 3 - Freedom
Akito plunged the knife into the bed, his eyes were shut tightly. He the blood from the wound touch his hands, and he opened his eyes, smirking. His smirk quickly vanished when he heard footsteps approach him. His eyes left Rin's lifeless body and shot towards the door. 12 people were standing there.

They were the members of the zodiac, tears filled there eyes as the saw Rin's dead body, and the blood on Akito's hands. Shigure stared coldly at Akito.

"Shi-Shigure! This, this dog tried to kill me! It was all self defense!" Akito stammered, fear was visible in his eyes. Shigure walked towards him slowly, Akito smiled, knowing that he had re-gained control. Shigure stopped right in front of him, and then he slapped Akito in the face. Hard.

Tears fell from Akito's eyes, and he stared at Shigure with disbelief.

"W-What?!" He shouted, but his answer was a cold stare. Kureno walked up to them. Akito ran towards Kureno's outstretched arms.

"K-Kureno! Sh-Shigures gone insane!" Akito sputtered, and Kureno was silent. Akito looked up into Kurenos eyes and saw pure hatred. "Kureno?"

"Do you think you deserve to live, you stupid dog?" Kureno asked coldly, and s sharp pain shot up through Akito's lower back. Akito glanced over his shoulder to see a knife sticking out of his lower back. He looked back at Kureno, but instead there was a man with pale skin, and black hair that covered half of his face. He smiled and stared at Akito with his bright green eye.

"Wh-who are you?" Akito asked, enraged.

"Are you ready to confess to your sins?" the man asked gently, that same smile on his face. A woman appeared next to Akito, wearing a low cut old fashion kimono. She smiled and traced her finger along Akito's jaw.

"Are you…you little dog?" The woman asked evily, as the left side of her face melted away revealing part of her skull. Akito screamed and the woman laughed.

"What are you talking about?! I didn't do anything wrong! It was her, that wench's fault! She tried to take one of my zodiac away! Its all her fault!" Akito screamed, tears falling from his fearful eyes. The man smiled and looked over to his right.

"Did you hear that miss?" He asked politely. Akito looked over to the left and saw a girl standing there quietly. She had long black hair, and blood red eyes. She wore an old Kimono that looked as though it belonged to royalty. The female and man vanished and the girl stared at Akito with no emotion.

"O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness. Your hurtful actions to others have tainted your immortal soul." She raised her right arm, her eyes piercing Akito's very soul. "Do you want to see what death looks like?" She moved her arm out to the side quickly, the bells on her bracelet chimed. The flowers on her kimono enlarged, and flew at Akito.

Akito awoke to see the girl from before, rowing a boat. He looked around to see water lilies floating on an never ending ocean.

"This grudge has sent you to hell."

Rin opened her eyes to see that she was alone. Her body ached all over, and her right eye was swollen shut. The door opened, and someone entered.

"Rin!?" the person shouted and then a face appeared in front of her. She was staring into Haru's worried eyes. "Rin…Rin?! What happened?!" Haru yelled, and Rin felt tears fall from her eye. "Rin, was it Akito?!" Haru questioned and Rin managed a nod. A look of hatred appeared on his face. She reached her hand slowly up to his face, and she cupped his cheek. A look of pain entered his eyes, and his own hand held hers there.

"Ha…ru…" She choked out. The pain was killing her.

"Rin?" He asked softly, his eyes held so much sadness.

"I….love you…" She said quietly, and her eyes fluttered shut. Haru stood there, tears falling as doctors rushed in. They pushed him out of the room, and he stood in the hallway, his fists clenched his keys so tightly that his hand started to bleed.

"Rin…" She opened her eyes to see Haru and Hatori staring at her intently. They both smiled with relief.

"You're awake Rin… That's good." Hatori said with a small smile. Rin blinked and looked around at her surroundings. She was still in the hospital.

"What…happened?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

"Akito snuck out of the main estate and came here to kill you…But apparently something stopped him." Hatori answered, looking serious. " He's also been missing for three days." Hatori finished and Rin's eyes widened.

"But other than that…the doctors here said you will be fine in about four weeks." Hatori said while turning to leave. "But, in the meantime you need to take it easy." He added, and left.

"Akito…disappeared?" Rin asked, her eyes still wide. Haru nodded.

"No ones seen him…" He said coldly. Tears fell from Rins eyes and she sat up to try and gain control. Haru stared at her with confusion, and then he noticed a small symbol on her chest, now visible since her night gown was half-way unbuttoned. He touched it gently, and Rin stared at him with confusion.

"What does that mean?" he asked, and motioned her to look at her chest. She did, and more tears fell. She looked back at him with a smile.

"Freedom." She answered and kissed him passionately.

A lit candle floated in darkness. A name engraves itself into the wax. It read:

Sohma Isuzu

FIN

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SacredWolf on April 1, 2010, 6:11:03 PM

SacredWolf on
SacredWolfwow this was a really good story!