Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Ghosts' Trick

This is the first fanfiction that I ever thought I'd be working on. =]
Enjoy.

Chapter 1 - The Ghosts' Trick

Chapter 1 - The Ghosts' Trick
Chapter One: The Ghost Trick.

The darkness of midnight was shattered as bright crimson eyes opened. They looked over at the clock. 12:18 AM. A sigh was heard. Why did he always wake up in the middle of the night? Every night, he's been waking up because of a dream. A dream that haunts him. A dream that he never wants to come true. The dream where his once beloved will want nothing to do with him any longer. No friendship, no chance of getting back together, nothing. That's something that little Raian doesn't ever want. He shook his head of his thoughts and slipped on a shirt and a jacket and walked outside for a walk. Ah, the breeze was comforting. Where would his feet take him tonight? Olivine again? Perhaps Cianwood. He dragged his feet through Goldenrod City. As he kept getting closer and closer to the entrance of Ecruteak, his heart began to rush.

Why Ecruteak? he thought. Of all places, Ecruteak. He looked around, sorrow filling his eyes. He loved Ecruteak. He loved it's history, it's myths, the pokemon, the tower, everything. But, most of all, what he loved the most... was Ecruteak's very own gym leader. Matsuba. The gym leader that he gave up for Tracey. ...What was he thinking? Sure, he had a fascination with Tracey, he couldn't help but adore the little artist that blushed ten shades of red when he barely called out his name. He wanted Matsuba more than anything, though. He wanted to be back with him. If not, every night would be the same thing with the dreams, and the occasional, very rare dreams of his past with him. Those nights, however, he would wake up crying roughly.

Dear Raian hasn't gotten any proper sleep in almost seven months. He wondered a lot if Matsuba thought of him, or if he was too busy with Minaki. Alas, he was in the city of Ecruteak. A Historical City Where the Past Meets the Present. He sighed sadly and walked over to the burned tower, his father's birthplace. He walked inside and looked around. No one was there, but that didn't surprise him. What did surprise him, though, was that the ghost didn't awaken. He loved the ghosts, and thought of them as his kids. But, what if they disliked him because he wasn't with Matsuba anymore? It would break him if the ghosts didn't like him anymore.

Then he heard a faint noise. Sounded like... a Misdreavus. It was in the tower, surely. He looked around some more. There were never any Misdreavus's in the burned tower... Only... Matsuba's!

"...Misdreavus...?" he called out quietly. He heard the noise again and started to follow it. "Misdreavus, are you okay...?" he asked, and received a low moan as a reply. She couldn't have been stuck, right? Of course not, she's a ghost. Wait a minute. Raian started to hear more noises. Gastlies and Haunters. Where were the ghosts? He rushed upstairs and found something odd. All the ghost were in a room, but they all looked like they weren't in trouble. He slowly approached the ghosts, they all looked sad. He went to touch one of them and his hand was zapped back. What the...? A spiritual barrier?

Raian was furious. "Be careful, I'm going to try and shock it down, okay?" The ghosts nodded and floated back. Raian unleashed a small thunder attack. The barrier still stood. What the Hell was going on? He looked at the ghosts. "What happened, lovelies...?" he asked. A Haunter started moving his hands as like charades. "So, y'all don't know who did this?" They shook their heads. "Y'all just woke up like this?" They nodded. Raian thought for a minute. "I'll go get Matsuba." he said and headed out the tower.

He walked over to Ecruteak gym and opened the door. Oh boy, his floor traps. He hoped that he remembered how to get by it. He took a few steps then fell. He shrieked softly and dropped to the beginning. Oh no! He hoped that he didn't wake Matsu up. He got up and tried again. After the third time falling, a light in the back turned on. Oh no... this was it. Raian sat up and brushed himself off, waiting for someone to appear in the light.

"Who's there? The gym's not open this late!" a sleepy voice demanded to know.

"I... I am..." Raian said quietly.

"Who's 'I'?" the voice asked.

"Matsuba... it's me... Raian." Raian stood up, looking at the floor.

He heard a soft sigh then footsteps. Next thing he knew, Matsuba was next to him. He looked up at him with his glowing eyes full of despair, lost hope,... concern. Matsuba looked down at him, the sleep still visible in his eyes.

"Raian... why are you here?" Matsuba asked.

"Well... you see... I woke up again tonight... and--" he was cut off.

"Again...? What do you mean again?"

"I... haven't sleeping very well." Raian responded. "But, that's not it. I got up for a walk, and my feet took me here... So I went to the burnt tower. The ghosts weren't around. I got worried. Then I heard Misdreavus and I followed her calls. But, all the ghosts, the Gastly, the Haunter, and your Misdreavus are all stuck in this sort of spirit barrier. I tried to shock it open, but... I couldn't. So, I came to get you... and I forgot how to get passed your floor... and well, here we are." he explained.

Matsuba nodded then grabbed his arm. "Com'on, Raian, let's go save the ghosts. Gengar, let's go!" he summoned his Gengar.

The fat purple blob instantly appeared from the floor and looked at Raian with wide red eyes. "Gen..." he said lowly, in shock. "No time for that, Gengar." Matsuba said. "We have to go help the others." Then him, Raian, and Gengar made their way to the burned tower. Once inside, they ran to the top room where the ghosts were being held captive. Matsuba narrowed his eyes and looked at Gengar. "Night shade! Do whatever it takes to break that barrier!" he said, his voice filled with fury.

Raian wasn't going to stand around being useless. "Haunter! Rotom! Help them out!" he called out his two beloved Pokemon and the joined Gengar in his attempts to break the barrier.

After what seemed like forever, the barrier shattered into lavender pieces that disappeared. The ghosts immediately gathered around Raian, chanting their names and floating around him.

"Hey..." Raian smiled distantly. "Y'all missed me..." he said and the ghosts rubbed through him.

"We've... all missed you." Matsuba said, making sure his Misdreavus was okay. "I came here a few nights that I couldn't sleep and they've all been asking about you... After a while, I started to miss your dumb hyperness." he said, letting out a little chuckle.

"Hah. I wish I could be the dumb hyperness that I once was," Raian said, chuckling nervously.

Matsuba looked his way. "Raian... exactly how much sleep have you lost... Don't lie to me, either." he said, concern in his voice.

"...About seven months worth..."

"Seven months?! What the Hell, Raian? Why?!"

"I... I thought I could live without you... but.. every night... I dream that... that you'll never want me again... not even be my friend. You'll want nothing to do with me. And... I always wake up.. right before you tell me that you hate me..." tears fell rapidly down his cheeks and he sniffled and covered his eyes. "I get so scared that I come cool down while walking. I know you're probably happy with Minaki but I can't help but miss you. And I know you probably don't like me anymore, but... I just need you." Raian sobbed loudly, his body shaking and trembling.

He opened his eyes wide as he felt arms wrap around him tightly.

"Matsu..." he said, shocked as he looked up at the blonde.

"Raian... never... ever... ever think that I don't like you... These past months have been hard for me, too. I know. I've cried a couple of times. But, I didn't go to you, because all this time, I figured that you were so much happier with Tracey. So I didn't interfere. And, Minaki went with Itsuki, because I told him that Itsuki was better for him. If I would've known that you were so hurt, I would've listened to my heart and went to you. Raian... I'll always love you... even if you don't love me... even if you hate my guts... I'll always love you with all my heart. I'll always wait for you. No matter what. Always and forever."

Raian observed his face. Tears were now sliding down Matsuba's cheeks, too. The ghosts were all teary-eyed. Some with popcorn, some with tissues. They thought of this as the cutest thing ever. Raian wiped the tears from Matsuba's cheeks. "Matsuba... let's start over... " he said.

"No! What about Tracey?" Matsuba said, looking at Raian intently.

"It's okay, Matsuba... I can explain everything to Tracey. He'll understand. I know he will."

The ghosts suddenly all high-fived. Raian and Matsu looked at the ghosts to see what was going on. A Haunter laughed and looked at them. It chanted it's name a couple of times. Raian's ears twitched then his mouth gaped.

"WHAATTT?" he shouted, making the ghosts laugh more.

Matsuba looked confused. "What?" he asked Raian.

Raian looked at him with disbelief. "They said that this was all a trick. They saw me coming here and knew that I would come here so they pretended to be locked up in a barrier they put up, knowing that I couldn't destroy it without hurting them, and that I would never hurt them. So, they knew I would go to you, and how you've been feeling, and they knew everything was going to be worked out."

Matsuba's eyes grew wide. "You little tricksters!" he said, stunned.

"Hauunntt." said the Haunter. [Well, duh.]

There stood Raian and Matsuba. Both tricked by the ghosts. Both stunned. Both with eyes wide and mouths agape. But, through it all, they smiled. The ghosts really wanted them back together. And both could never deny a ghosts wishes. So, they looked at each other then started laughing with the ghosts. What a kind thing for them to do. And they had to do it in their usual prank ways. Raian loved his 'kids'. He missed them. And now, everything was going to be back to normal.

After the laughing finally subsided, Matsuba picked Raian up bridal style and smiled charmingly. "Com'on... Let's get some rest." he said calmly.

Raian nodded and rested his head on Matsuba and closed his eyes. A smile swept on his face. For the first time in months, Raian smiled truthfully, full of happiness, and whole-hearted.

~~~

The sun shone through the window. Its rays illuminated the darkness. Actually, it's been up. For when Raian woke up it was almost 1:30 PM. He sat up and rubbed his head, scratching behind his ears a bit. He stretched and yawned all cat-like then looked around hazily. 'Where am I?' he thought. He tried to recall things that happened the previous night. 'Oh, I'm in Matsuba's room.' he remembered and for some reason, he smiled from ear-to-ear. He couldn't control it. He just smiled. He stood up and looked around. If he was at Matsuba's, where was Matsuba? He heard the shower running and decided that Matsuba was in there. He looked at himself in Matsuba's mirror. 'Wow' he thought. 'I look like shoot.' he decided. He was dressed in plaid boxer pants, a plain white tee, and a blue jacket. He heard the water stop. He looked at the bathroom door. It opened and Matsuba walked out, clad only in a towel. Raian studied the body that he hadn't seen in months. Matsuba never changed. He shook his head a bit.

"Matsu-kun," he started, then that smile brightened his face again. He hasn't said "Matsu-kun" in a while. "are we going to do something today?" he asked.

Matsuba looked at him and blinked. "Well, aren't you going to talk to Tracey today?" he asked.

Raian nodded. "Of course. But, I'm talking about after, Silly." he giggled.

"Hmn..." Matsuba thought a minute. "Well, how about we go to that amusement park in Goldenrod?" he suggested.

Raian didn't know about an amusement park. Then again, he didn't pay attention to anything these past seven months. He nodded quickly. "That sounds like fun! Maybe I can get Tracey an apology gift." he said, smiling.

Matsu smiled at that idea then started getting dressed. Raian stared out the window. Today was going to be a great day. He was going to make sure of it. He looked back at Matsu a few minutes and blushed a soft shade of red. Matsuba was dressed in a light blue long sleeved shirt with black, grey, and purple designs on the bottom of it. The sleeves attached to the shoulders with fishnet. He wore tight black jeans that had a key chain on the belt loops. He'd dried his hair and put a black headband on. Raian thought he was staring at God.

Matsuba caught him staring and put a hand on his hip and smirked mischievously. "Earth to Raiannn~" he purred out.

Raian shook his head and looked at him. "S-sorry." he laughed nervously. "Com'on. Let's go to my house." he said.

Matsuba nodded and headed out with Raian. They walked to Raian's house near the power plant. He decided that he'd call Tracey first then shower. He walked inside with Matsuba and picked up his phone. He dialed Tracey's number and walked into another room by himself. About twenty minutes later, he walked out and hung up is phone. He smiled at Matsuba. "Tracey's okay. He understood everything clearly. Now, I'm going to go shower and you can just do whatever." Raian smiled then made his way to the bathroom.

Matsuba sat down in the living room and looked around. He's never been to Raian's house that much. They stayed in Ecruteak. Raian was happy in Ecruteak. Matsuba always wondered if he'd get homesick, away from the plant. Something caught his eye. It looked like his badge. He picked it up, it was on a chain. Oh, that's right. Raian put the badge he'd been given on a chain and always wore it. He rubbed the dust off with his thumb and frowned a bit. 'I guess he wasn't wearing it.' he though to himself and put it down. He looked over at the table and picked up a picture in a frame. It was of him and his Gastly (which is now a Haunter) when he was little. He looked so happy, like he just got his Gastly. He often wondered how Raian obtained the Gastly, but never asked. He sighed and looked at the ceiling.

Raian walked out of his room a few moments later. He looked over at Matsuba and smiled cat-like. He noticed that Matsu was in thought. That would change, he thought. He sat on Matsuba's lap and leaned close, purring into his ear. Matsuba jolted out of thought and looked at Raian on his lap. It was his turn to stare. For Raian was dressed in a dark red shirt that had one long sleeve and the other side sleeveless. The shirt had a black hoodie on it and a zipper all the down. Raian had the zipper up to his chest, which was covered with a black muscle shirt. The arm without the sleeve was clad with a black arm warmer that went up to his elbow and looked like blood has spilled on it. His pants were a brighter red and they had multiple zippers on them, along with cross straps in the back and several holes. He wore a belt that had a cloak-like cloth coming out of it from the back. [*if you've ever played Dirge of Cerberus, kind of like that red cloth Rosso wears, or the Gothic Veil's Belt thing on Gaia.] Raian smirked and tapped Matsu's shoulders. Once again, Matsu snapped back into reality and smiled at Raian.

"Are you ready, my prince in black and red?" he asked.

"Only if you are, my phantomkonig." Raian replied as he got off of Matsu's lap.

With that, they walked out of the house and started making their way to Goldenrod, where the amusement park lay and fun was about to begin.

-End of Chapter One-

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment