Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The Heart of the Core Zone

This is a story about my friends and I switching places with the Code Lyoko characters. And, how we must try to stop X.A.N.A. from killing us and the Lyoko Team.

Chapter 8 - The Heart of the Core Zone

Chapter 8 - The Heart of the Core Zone
The Heart of the Core Zone

The arrow flew straight into the button and the timer stopped with half a second left.
You did it! Isola shouted happily.
Yes! Everyone shouted. Another door opened as Brittany lowered the platform she, Rhianna, and Matt were standing on. Rhianna, Brittany, and Matt joined the others who were waiting in front of the doorway. Rhianna happened to notice that Dan transformed, but was not evil.
Dan? Why arent you evil right now? Rhianna asked.
France only took control of half of my body, so we are both in control, Dan explained.
Hes right, a deeper voice spoke from his body who was France.
This is a little weird, Brittany said.
Come on you guys! You have to keep going! Isola urged them.
Hes right, lets go, Matt agreed. They all ran through the doorway and came to a platform.
Now what? Scarpelli asked.
We wait until the transporter flies by and jump on, France explained.
I hear it! Get ready! Rhianna said. They all ran to the very edge of the platform. Suddenly, the transporter appeared and they jumped on as it flew past the platform. Suddenly, it stopped, changed direction, and kept going. Then, it stopped again and a door opened. They all ran through the doorway out onto a platform outside the Core Zone.
Awsome! Colin said in awe.
Isola, we need our vehicles and you need to find out how we get to this tower from Jeremy, Rhianna ordered.
Okay, let me find out where the tower is, Isola said as he switched intercoms, Jeremy, they need to know where the tower is.
How about I merge the two intercoms so we can all talk to each other, he suggested as he started typing.
Okay, Isola agreed. In a few seconds the intercoms were merged and Jeremy revealed the towers location.
The tower is located at the origin of the four giant flows of data inside the Core, he explained, I will connect to Lyoko and open a data tunnel, but I am sure X.A.N.A. will attack with some flying mantis. So, Isola, give them vehicles to ward off the mantis.
What are flying mantis? Colin asked.
Youll see, just be careful, Rhianna replied.
Alright, here come the vehicles, Isola announced as six overboards appeared in front of the group. They each claimed an Overboard and took off around the Core. Suddenly, three nests appeared around the Core. In a matter of seconds they hatched and twelve mantis started to attack. One mantis followed each member of the group while the remaining six turned the Core Zone into a giant minefield.
Watch out for the flying mines! Dan yelled. He led his mantis toward a flow of data and turned away just in time to miss it, killing his mantis. But, another mantis got on his tail.
Scarpelli wasnt noticed what Dan did and decided to do the same thing. He flew towards a flow, avoiding the shots his mantis fired as best he could, but the mantis turned away before it got close to the flow. Brittany decided to lead her mantis toward Rhiannas mantis. Rhianna figured out the plan and turned away from Brittany when she got close enough. The mantis fell right into the trap and crashed into each other. Yet, two more mantis followed them. Everyone was doing there best to try and kill the mantis, but they werent able to use their weapons because they were too busy avoiding shots and mines.
Just then, two more nests of mantis hatched adding eight more flying mantis to the number of monsters.
We cant get rid of them! When is a tunnel going to open? Matt asked.
Right now! Jeremy said as he pushed a button. A flow of energy stopped revealing a tunnel that disappeared inside the Core.
Hurry and fly in! Isola shouted. One by one the group accelerated away from their monsters and flew into the tunnel. Yet, the mantis still followed them.
Suddenly, a timer appeared on Isola and Jeremys screens. It started a countdown from three minutes.
Huh! What is this! Jeremy shouted in confusion.
There is a timer in the tunnel? Isola asked puzzled.
There is? Dan and Rhianna said in unison.
We have never gone into these tunnels before, Yumi said.
Guys, get to the end of those tunnels as quick as possible! I have no idea what happens when this timer reaches zero! Jeremy shouted.
Got it! Rhianna answered, Lets go guys! The group accelerated even faster down the tunnel. Yet, the mantis were still hot on their tails and made it difficult to fly with lots of lazerfire.
Two minutes.
If you want to go faster, lay down on your boards! It will make you go faster and avoid shots better! Odd said into the intercom.
Wow, Odd, thats actually good advice! Ulrich congratulated him.
Hey! I try! Odd replied. The group took his advice and laid down on their boards. Yet, it did not lose the mantis.
Brittany, Dan, it may help you guys if you release your weapons, Yumi suggested.
Alright, Brittany answered. She and Dan released their weapons that raced back towards the mantis and killed two of them. Yet, before the fans and nun chucks could return, they were shot down by the remaining mantis.
Darn it! Dan shouted.
Forget the weapons! You have one minute left! Jeremy yelled in frustration.
Suddenly, a shot destroyed Colins Overboard and he fell to the ground.
Colin! Brittany shouted. Everyone looked back to see the mantis pass Colin who was getting smaller and smaller in the distance.
Thirty seconds.
Let me handle this! France said to them. Dan turned around and flew towards Colin as fast as he could avoiding each shot from the mantis with perfect maneuvers. He flew past them and landed next to Colin.
One second.
Youre out of time! Jeremy yelled.
This doesnt look good, Lauren said. All of a sudden, data started to fly through the tunnel, getting stronger and stronger as more time progressed. Colin got on Dans Overboard and they raced back towards the group. They finally caught up with the mantis whos numbers were shrinking because they could not maneuver easily around the data. Colin and Dan flew past the mantis and finally caught up with the group.
Wheres the end of this tunnel! Scarpelli shouted.
I see it on the map! It should come into view now! Isola told them.
I see it! Rhianna announced. The group flew past the streaming data and through an opening that led to a giant room. In the room, stood a huge tower that sent out the data that traveled through the four tunnels. The group just made it into the room, before the tunnels were completely filled with data.
Wow, do you guys see this? Rhianna said in awe.
Only on the map, and we still cant believe it! Jeremy answered.
Welcome to The Core of Lyoko, France announced to everyone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment