Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Dream

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 1 - The Dream

Chapter 1 - The Dream


Part One

THE BEGGINING





A crowd of frightened people ran towards a colossal mountain in Tarantula Dessert.

The crowd was full of people from the water tribes (both North and South Pole), Earth kingdoms, Air nomads, and even people from the Fire nation. These people were about to face a war of their time.

A young lady, thirty-five of age, was running with her mother, Aunt, and little sister. Her name was Katara, a water bender.

She and the rest of the crowd were told not to look back at campsite they had just been at this morning. Scouts had seen what they all feared coming their way.

The crowd was at least three miles from the campsite but the dessert ground was so flat, you could still see the campsite.

Katara glanced back, only to see giant flames.

Katara felt a jerk from the back of her coat. She had been pulled onto a wagon up by a man from the Earth kingdom. Katara looked around the wagon, She saw a young boy, an elderly woman with two babies, her sister, an Earth woman, A fire nation man, and her Aunt.

Her mother was missing! Katara crawled up to the front of the wagon where the Earth kingdom man was steering two red dragon horses.

“Excuse me,” Katara began. The man turned his head around. “, My mother, she's not on here.”

“I'm sorry ma'am; there is no more room on this wagon. And even if we turn around the enemy will get us.” The man had replied. Katara looked down.

“You're mother is probably on another wagon.” The man said, tying to cheer Katara up.

Katara crawled to the back of the wagon and stared out. All she saw was flames, flames.

The flames, she could feel them licking her body burning, but leaving scars. Burning her, the burning of war.



Aang eyes busted open. Aang sat up straight. He rubbed his hands up and down his arms.

No flames. All Aang felt was his palms sweaty. That's when he realized he was covered in sweat.

Aang looked around, it was still night. Katara and Sokka were both still sleeping on the earth in sleeping-bags.

Aang jumped down from Appa's saddle. Then Aang took in all the feelings of the night. It was freezing. Aang hugged himself to keep warm.

The air was clean and silent, not to mention cold. Aang could see his breath every time he breathed.

He looked down at Sokka and smiled. Sokka was talking in between snores.

“ Take… that…you…stinkin' …fire…benders.”

Then, Aang looked down at Katara. Aang frowned, she reminded him of his dream. He had had similar ones before, but this, this was different.

The lady in his dream had never said her name, but he knew it was Katara. The lady also looked a lot like Katara. But it couldn't be, unless it was a future sight. But Katara had already lost her mother. Wait; maybe Katara's mom had only been captured.

But he wasn't in there. If was a future sight and people were running, then he must've been…dead.

Aang sat by Appa, this couldn't be true. Aang looked up at the stars.

When he was with Gyatso, he was taught looking at the stars would help him calm down. And after that you take a walk to clear your mind.



Prince Zuko sat by his uncle, Iroh.

“Uncle, do you remember that time I dueled with Commander Zhao?”

“The first or second time.”

“The second of course.”

“Yes, it was quiet a long time ago. Don't let that victory go to your head.”

“It hasn't! But do you think he is training? Training to get the Avatar and I?”

“Like mad”

“Then why aren't I training as well, Uncle?”

“Because, you are lazy and stubborn. Not to mention you are sitting hear next to me talking.”

“Then let us get to work, Uncle.”

“Indeed.”



Aang went walking through a nearby wood, looking for firewood. It was still dark and eerie. Aang had three large logs and a few stems in his arms. He figured it was time to head back.

When he turned around he saw Momo, his little lemur friend, holding some twigs and grass.

“Hey Momo! Ready to go back to camp?” Aang asked. Momo nodded and quickly leaped onto Aang's shoulder.

Aang headed back to the camp, where he saw the sun coming up.

He lay the logs down on the ground, and Momo lay the twigs down in a similar way.

Katara started to wake up when she saw Aang.

“What are you doing Aang?” Katara asked softly.

“I got fire wood.”

“But we're about to leave.”

“So?”

“Katara, let the guy have his fun.” Sokka grumbled sleepily.

“Well Sokka, what are we going to do with all the wood?” Katara asked.

“Make breakfast. You're a girl, you can do that.” Sokka replied.

“Have you learned nothing?!” Katara said getting up. She stared at Sokka waiting for an answer. All she got was snoring.

“That's it.” Katara said under her breath.

“Hey, Sokka breakfast is made!” Katara said loudly. Sokka sat straight up in his sac.

“Alright!” Sokka said with excitement. He saw Katara in front of him holding the logs Aang had brought in.

“Today's special, dry wood!” Katara said sarcastically throwing the logs in Sokka's chest. Then Momo came up to him holding the twigs.

“Hey Momo, a little help here.” Sokka asked. The lemur just threw the twigs on Sokka's face, and then dusted off his paws.

“Then I guess we're all set to leave?” Aang said.



“Thanks Aang.” Sokka said sarcastically.



Aang, Katara, and Sokka sat on the saddle of Appa. Aang rolled out the map.

“Allrighty then, we are right here,” Aang said pointing to the Ocean close to a small Island, “We just left Shein Hui, and now were off to the great mountains,” Aang pointed to a small country with triangles for mountains “, which should leave us nine or ten days from the north pole.”

“That's great!” Katara said blissfully. “We can water-bending together!”

“Whatever, just keep your weirdness to yourself.” Sokka said.

“For the last time, Sokka, It's not weird!” Katara said angrily.

Katara turned around from facing Sokka, back to Aang. She noticed him carefully observing the map.

“Is there something wrong, Aang?” Katara asked.

“No, it's just I've never noticed this mountain before.” Aang replied pointing at the small country they were headed for.

The mountain seemed to be so large that clouds were drawn around it.

“Hey, did you hear that?” Sokka asked interrupting the silence.

“What is it?” Katara asked.

“I'm not sure.” Sokka replied, leaning over Appa's back. What Sokka saw was a large shadow in the water for a split second. After that it was gone.

“What is it, Sokka?” Aang asked leaning toward Sokka.

“Just my imagination.” Sokka replied.



Zuko knelt at around twenty candles. The flames rose and fell constantly.

The steel door in the dark room opened. Zuko opened his eyes and all the flames went out.

“News from the Fire Lord, Sir” A soldier said to the young prince. Zuko stood up and headed out the door. He headed up to the top of the small war ship. He knew that his uncle would be there.

Zuko opened a large steel door, and entered the room.

There was a wooden table in the middle. Sitting at it were, his uncle the hounds man, and a few high ranking soldiers.

“Uncle, what is this all about?” Zuko asked.

“Your father, Fire Lord, has requested that you return home.” his uncle responded.

“My father is a fool, thinking I will return when I am so close to having the Avatar!”

“The Fire Lord does not even know you got close to the Avatar.” Uncle said.

“No, Commander Zhoa has most likely told the Fire Lord.” Zuko replied.

“I highly doubt that.” Uncle responded calmly.

“Tell the Fire Lord I'm turning down his offer.” Zuko said looking at the council.

“Nephew, do not turn down your father.”

“Sorry, Uncle.” Zuko said walking away.



Sokka lay on his back, “Are we there wet?”

“For the third time, Sokka, No!” Katara yelled.

“Hey I see land!” Aang said from the head of Appa. Momo jumped on top of Aang's head to get a good look.

“Wow!” Katara said.

“There better be food there.” Sokka said. Katara frowned at him.

“Only nine or ten days till we get to the North Pole.” Katara said

“Oh, did I say nine or ten days? I meant nine or days after we get across this country,” Aang said.

“Great, more days of traveling. Just what I needed.” Sokka said glumly. “Hey, did you guys hear that?” Sokka said. Aang and Katara turned around at him.

“Never mind it was probably my imagination again.”

“No Sokka, I heard it two.” Katara said. She and Sokka both looked at Aang. ”What,” Aang said, “I make the noise.”

“So you heard it too?” Katara asked.

“Well yeah.” Aang replied. The three of them looked down to the ocean. All of them saw the same thing, a giant shadow.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on January 19, 2006, 6:58:22 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis story is so good!!!! It's time to read the next chapter!!! favs

red_raven_012698 on March 27, 2005, 11:40:09 AM

red_raven_012698 on
red_raven_012698Write more! Write more please