Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 1,000 leagues under the Avatar

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 2 - 1,000 leagues under the Avatar

Chapter 2 - 1,000 leagues under the Avatar


“Um, guys…” Sokka began.

“I hear ya,” Aang said, “Yip, Yip!” Appa flew up higher and faster.

The shadow in the ocean began to grow larger.

“Aang, can't you make this thing go any faster?!” Sokka yelled.

“Appa's flying as fast as he can.” Aang replied.

“It's not fast enough!” Sokka said, “Yip, yip!!” Sokka yelled.

Appa flew faster and faster until he started to slow down.

“Hey, what gives?” Sokka asked.

“Great Sokka, you tired him out.” Katara said.

Just then Appa began to fall.

“What's happening now?” Sokka asked

“I don't know. This, this never happened before.” Aang replied frightfully.

All of a sudden a giant serpent head appeared out of the ocean.

“It's the Unagi!” Sokka screamed.

“That's not the Unagi.” Aang said.

“Than what is it?” Sokka asked. Appa began to fall rapidly now.

“I'm not sure.” Aang said. Appa began to turn over and Katara slid off.

“Aaaaaaaah!!!!” Katara screamed as she began to fall off. But Aang caught her just in time.

“Sokka, help!” Aang said as he too began to fall. Sokka grabbed Aang by the ankle before he fell.

“Hold on you guys!” Sokka said trying to pull the two back on to Appa. But just then Appa turned a little bit and Sokka fell off.

The three began hurdling toward the water but the all saw Appa regain his flight pattern and head off to the country.

The three plunged head first into the ice-cold ocean. Aang, Katara, and Sokka sank into the water. Aang swam straight for the top. Once he came up he inhaled fresh air.

He saw that the sea serpent or whatever it was, was chasing Appa. Just then Sokka came up from the water to take in a breath. He saw the same thing Aang did.

“Do you think he will be okay?' Aang asked Sokka.

“Forget him, what about us? Hey where is Katara?”

“Katara!” They both said as plunged back into the water. They swam lower and lower, until they saw her, unconscious.

They both swam to her, as Sokka pointed upward. Aang nodded.

The pulled her up to the top of the ocean.

As the reached the top of the ocean Katara opened her eyes.

“Over there!” Sokka said pointing at a large piece of metal. The three of them swam towards the large debris.

“What do you think it is?” Sokka asked as they sat on the metal.

“I think its part of a Fire Navy ship.” Katara said coughing out sea water.

“What was that thing?!” Sokka yelled “He destroyed a whole ship.”

“No,” Aang said, “he destroyed a lot of ships.” Aang said pointing to scattered ship parts all over the ocean.

“We have to get to shore.” Sokka said.

“But we don't have a row.” Aang said. Aang and Sokka both turned around to Katara.

“He don't look at me I nearly drowned.” Katara said.

“She's right, Katara needs some rest.” Aang agreed.

“All right, just take too long.” Sokka said, “We don't want to let that thing find us.”



Zuko lay on his bead looking up at the metal ceiling.

Many thoughts ran through his mind. Why did Father want me to return, why did I say no? The Fire Lord does not take no for an answer.

Zuko sat up, he was expecting company.



“Hey Sokka, I found more rope!” Aang yelled from another piece metal.

Aang and Sokka were trying to build a raft to get to shore.

“Great Aang, bring it over here!” Sokka yelled back. Aang hopped from debris to debris back to the mane debris.

Sokka took the rope and made a sail out of a long wooden pole and some cloth he found and dried.

“Ready?” Sokka asked Aang.

“Ready.” Aang replied. They took two long pieces of wood and started to paddle.

“Which way is land?” Sokka asked.

“Over there with all the mountains.” Aang replied.

“Alright! Were closer than I thought” Sokka said. “This should give Katara lots of rest.”

They both looked back to see Katara asleep in the back of the raft.



Aang and Sokka have been paddling for about two hours nonstop.

“Man, I feel like my arms are going to fall off.” Sokka said miserably.

“And the sun is starting to set.” Aang said.

“Lucky Katara, She gets to sleep all…” Sokka was interrupted by the sound rushing water.

“What's that?” Aang said.

“It's that thing!” Sokka yelled.

“Katara!” Sokka screamed. “Wake up!”

Katara sat straight up looking around until she saw Aang and Sokka pointing at the ocean.

Katara knew what was happening. She put her hands together for water-bend.

Katara let out a loud grunt and the raft moved closer to shore.

“We're almost there!” Sokka yelled.

But the giant serpent's head came out of the water and breathed a long trail of fire at the raft.

The fire had missed the three leaving lot of steam.

“That's new!” Sokka said.

The serpent tried for another attack but this time he used his head, literally. The serpent's head dropped right next to the end of the boat. When the serpent's head touched the water a large wave appeared destroying the raft.

The three had been washed up on shore but the serpent didn't stop there.

Katara and Sokka were unconscious. The last thing Aang saw was the large serpent head coming towards him.

Then everything went black.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on January 19, 2006, 7:05:04 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis story is GREAT!!! This chapter was even better than the first!!! Now i'm going to read the next chapter!