Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Hansel and Gretel and Aang

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 5 - Hansel and Gretel and Aang

Chapter 5 - Hansel and Gretel and Aang


An air monk meditated on a bright red cushion. He was sitting in a large hollow room lit golden and orange by burning flames outside. The monk opened his eyes as a large door in front of him swung open. An earth kingdom soldier and water tribe warrior walked in holding a young fire nation man.

The fire nation prisoner dangled his head low. His body seemed limp and broken of spirit. His hands and feet were chained with solid rock.

His armor was covered in a series of burns and slashes.

The monk stood up as the young man lifted his head. His face gave sharp memories of the boy trained by a wicked man. The prisoner's face was like that of Zuko's.

“Why do thee bring thy wicked captive to this hidden sanctuary?”, asked the wise old monk.

“We need a prison.” the water tribe man said.

“I have a prison for you not.” The monk replied.

“A frozen prison”, the earth soldier henced.

“Ah, yes” the monk agreed,” one that shall not melt.”

The monk led the men and the prisoner to a chamber underground.

The burning light had disappeared when they reached the cellar stairs. Candle lights glowed from the wall to keep the light.

Once the four reached the bottom, an elder in a dark brown robe sat in the middle of the dirt ground.

“Break his chains.” The elder barked.

The earth soldier swung his arms in the air as the rock shattered.

“Free at last!” exclaimed the Zuko figure.

“No!” The elder shouted as he released palm in the air causing the Zuko figure to freeze instantly.

The prisoners face was frozen with fear and so it shall be for all eternity.

“How is he going to stay in that?! He is a firebender he'll thaw himself out!” the earth soldier cried out.

“Only a master of this elders bending can break the ice.” The monk explained.

The elder an the monk left the room followed by the soldier, but the ware warrior stayed a little longer.

He rubbed his hand against the smooth ice. It was mot cold, but cooler than the room itself.

“Soon my prince, soon.” The water warrior left the room after saying this.



Water, no, they can't be traders. Can they?

Endless thoughts rolled around in

Aang's head. He had never thought that water would trade.

Aang shot up in bed. His eyes wide open.

“Who was that- that prisoner?” Aang said to himself as he lay back in bed.

Aang closed his eyes.

“It looked like Zuko, but he had no burn. Is- is it possible that it was before he had gotten the scar.

“Maybe he was frozen then got the scar.” A lot of questions needed to be answered, or where they just dreams.

Aang rubbed his fingers against the air symbol stitched inside the pillow he ested his head on.

He rolled on his side turning his back to the bright sun light coming from the window.

“Gyatso will wake me up.” Aang said to himself.

Then Aang shot up in bed again.

He looked around in the room he was in.

It looked like an air temple room.

Denial stuck in Aangs head. Could Katara and Sokka- the chase away from Zuko be a - a dream?

Aang snuck out of his and out the door.

The hallway was much different from the room that he was just in.

Wood covered the floor and walls. Trophies hung from the walls.

Aang crept slowly down the hall as he heard knifes sharpening.

He saw the shadow of a knife being raised and Sokka screaming.

“I'll save you Sokka!” Aang screamed as he ran down the hall.

“I love that meet!” Sokka exclaimed from the other room.

“What?” Aang said as he came to a halt.

Katara and Sokka sat at a table with a man cutting up some sort of meat.

“Would like some meat?” The elderly man asked in soft voice.

“No thanks,” Aang said with great confusion,” I'm a vegetarian.”

“What's going on Aang asked he walked up to the man. He put down his knifes,

“Well, it's a long story. Okay I'll tell you.” The man sat down stoking his grey beard.

“Last night I went fishing for today's breakfast, when I saw one of those big ones attack you and your friends.

“Orochi I think they call `em. Any who, I rushed to save you, I can't kill them. Can't say any one's even harmed them.

“I can't do any magic, so I just had run and get ya.”

“Wait,” Aang said,” You said magic, like bending.”

“Yhea, that thing.” The old man agreed.

“Once I saw your glider I knew you were a, what wasit?”

“A bender?” Sokka said uninterested.

“Yessir. That's it.

“Any ways, I put you each in a room from the nation your from. I used to travel a lot, that's how I know the nations.

“But know I just settled here.”

“You poor man,” Katara comforted,” You must be lonely.”

“Only a little”

“Can we get back to breakfast?” Sokka said impatiently.

“Of course and how about you?” The old man asked.

“no thanks,” Aang said shyly,” I'm not hungry.”

Aang left the small house.

When Aang reached outside he felt free.

He breathed in the salty air and looked out over the ocean. It made him happy, just thinking about how far he and his friends have made it.

Almost to the North Pole, and soon, waterbending.

Aang took out his map the mountain was right behind him.

Aang turned inland to see a large area of mountains only a few miles away.

With Appa-. Aang suddn;ly remembered, Appa and Momo were lost. Maybe in the mountains?

“The sooner we get to the mountains, the better.” Aang sighed.

The day past as the three helped the old man with chores.

Soon dinner came as the four gathered around the table.

“What's for dinner?” Sokka asked hungrily.

“Fresh meat.” Said the man with an equal amount of hunger in his own voice.

“But, we didn't go fishing at all today.” Sokka said.

“I'm having you for dinner.” Replied the man.

“Well thanks for having us over for-“

“Sokka, I don't think that's what he meant!” Katara said quickly gatting up from her chair.

Aang shot out a burst of air at the man sending back wards.

“Common, lets get out of here!” Aang said pointing towards the door.

The man crashed into the wall sending dusts every where. Sokka ran past the dust towards the door.

“Augh!!” Sokka screamed running back.

“What's wrong?” Katara asked.

“That!” Sokka pointed at the man, much larger than he just was crouched in front of the door.

“Follow me!” Aang shouted going through a back “door”. Aang shot out another blast of air, this time at the wall itself. The three rushed through the opening.

Aang stopped. They had reached the edge of a cliff.

“Aang, the staff!!' Sokka yelled.

“It's with Appa!” Aang yelled back. He didn't like looking down towards the rocks in the water at bottom of the cliff with a giant mad man behind him.

The man charged the three. The Avatar spirit swelled inside of Aang

Earth.

Aang shot two giant boulders at the mad man.

Crash! The boulders were balls of dirt at the man's fists.

Aang fell back of exhaustion. He had never seen any one as strong as this mad man.

Water shot up behind the three inside was the fire breathing snake- the orichi. It went straight for the man.

Pow! The man punched the orichi's head, but the man was sent flying back words. The orichi turned its head towards the trio.

“Hurry Aang! Let's get out!” Sokka screamed. The three ran as fast inland away from the snake and the man.

“Hurry,” Aang said pointing, “to the mountains!”

Sokka and Katara ran past him.

“I hope that's where we will find Appa and Momo.” Aang said to himself. Then he heard snarling from behind him. That man- no, beast was still chasing them.

Aang used airbending to make a thirty-foot wide trench to block the beast.

“I'd like to see him jump over that.” Aang said. Well, he got his wish. The beast jumped over the trench, over Aang's head and landed on all fours.

The beast turned towards Aang, it was much hairier now. He really did look like a beast now.

He ran up to Aang on all fours, snarling. Aang used his airbending to send the creature flying up. Aang quickly ran past him. The beast soon touched ground again, chasing Aang towards the mountains. But soon the beast stopped and whimpered. Aang stopped too when he heard the whimpering.

He turned around in time see the beast slowly walking away.

“What's wrong with him?” Katara asked from behind.

“I don't know,” aang replied,” But what ever is in those mountains has to be worse than the orichi.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on January 23, 2006, 8:35:11 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlOMG... This was The AWSOMEST CHAPTER!!! It was so COOL!!! I LOVED IT!!! TOTALLY AWSOME!!! Next chapter now!!!