Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Off to sea

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 7 - Off to sea

Chapter 7 - Off to sea


Zhao woke up with his entire body aching. His training was complete. Soon he could capture the Avatar.

Inside the cave, Zhao put on as little Fire Nation clothes as possible. If he went into the city with his old captain clothes there would be suspicion.

“I do have to go to the city.” Zhao said to himself.

Going down the mountain, Zhao could only think about his apprentice. He had remained a secret to all except the Fire Lord himself. But Zhao no longer respected Ozia. He had released Zhao from duty. That put a major dent in his plans. If Zhao wanted his plans to succeed he will have to Zuko away from him, and kill the Fire Lord himself.

Zhao neared the small city of Paltor. He reached into his belt searching for money, three copper coins. He could not even a small boat with that. But he could get a job.

For the next four hours Zhao walked through the village looking for a job. Finally someone had accepted him.

“Please sir, I need a job.” Zhao begged on his knees.

“Well,” the old man said,” you look strong enough to handle the job. How long do you plan on being here?”

“Just as long to earn enough money to go to sea.” Zhao replied still on his knees.

“Okay, then.” The old man said holding his hand out to help Zhao up.

Zhao took it. He was staying wise, he had proved himself honorable. He if Zhao had the chance, he would steal the mans money and take off with it.

Zhao rose to see his new boss. He wore dirty, green overalls with a poor straw hat. His white beard stuck out wildly and uncombed. A little more than half the size of Zhao, this man looked kind and confident.

“Where do I start?” Zhao asked, walking in front of the man.

When Zhao's back was turned, an evil look entered the man's eyes. He kicked Zhao the ground and swung shut a wooden door.

Zhao was trapped inside a small room. He cursed at himself for letting his guard down.

“What do you want from me?” Zhao asked trying no to sound strong. He still had to stay wise. If he beat the man now, he would not get paid.

“You're my new slave!” the old man said through the door. “Remember, slave don't get paid.”

The man had pulled the same nasty trick as Zhao, but quicker.

Zhao tried not to rage yet. If he could keep the ma's guard down, then he could get him when he least expected it. Plus it wouldn't be wise to use firebending here. Zhao hated waiting, but it was all he could do, for now.



Zhao smelled something extremely disgusting next to face like-

“Manure!” Zhao shouted out as he jumped away from the ground.

Zhao rubbed his eyes, he must have fallen asleep at some point. He fell back against the wooden wall behind him.

He had not eaten since yesterday morning, and that was just a few berries.

“Wake up!” The old man shouted kicking open the door. “It's time for breakfast.”

Zhao was losing his patience; he couldn't stand this guy anymore.

“Here is some breakfast!” Zhao shouted blasting flames out of his hands.

The old man was lost in the flames, most likely dead.

“I don't even know why I asked for a job, when I can steal everything.” Zhao said to the flames. He walked past the burning house towards the larger part of the city.

Zhao walked up two the port. Next to it was a small cabin. He walked over where a man stood inside.

“What can I do you for?” The man asked.

“A ship.” Zhao said looking to the skies.

”That will be three gold pieces.”

“It,” Zhao said with flames in his forming in his hands,” will be free.”

The man saw the flames growing.

“This one is on me though.” He said backing off.

“Good.” Zhao said walking to the largest ship they had.

“Maybe a temper is a good thing to have after all.” Zhao said to himself as he set off to sea.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment