Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Follow the yellow sand desert

Aang,Sokka,and Katara have to cross one last small country to get to the North Pole. Problem is, they are stuck on the mountain covered country.

Chapter 8 - Follow the yellow sand desert

Chapter 8 - Follow the yellow sand desert


Aang fell back on the sand. He and his friends had been walking for miles and it didn't seem as though they were getting any farther. He looked towards the mountains, it seemed just as far as it did when they ran away from the beast.

Sokka fell down too, but on his face. He was too tired to feel the pain.

Aang rubbed his head against the cool sand, they had been walking for hours.

“It's getting late, Aang.” Katara said,” We should get some rest.”

She had read Aang's mind, he had never felt this tired in his life.

“I wish Appa and Mommo where here.” Aang said open mindedly.

The three settled down on the sand, Appa had their stuff.



Aang woke up, it was the first time he didn't have a dream in a long time.

It was cold, colder than Aang thought a desert could be.

“It must still be night.” Aang said, but he realized he was no longer on sand.

He quickly got up; there was no sign of Sokka or Katara.

“Where am I?” Aang thought out loud. I front of him was a burned wasteland.

Armor was burned, lying on the ground, flags still on fire.

There had been a war here, not to long ago.

“Wait,” Aang said, “Is this another dream?” He walked around, trying not to step on the burned remains of warriors. There was a flag on the ground, it wasn't burned, so Aang picked up.

The symbol on it was different than any other Aang had seen. It was almost like another nation. But Aang didn't have any time to think about it; he heard crying not to far off.

A little boy was crying over a dead body. The boy had bright blue hair; Aang had never seen anybody with that color hair before.

The boy was crying over the body of a dead young girl. She looked only a little older than Aang himself.

Aang wasn't sure what was going on, but he leaned in to comfort the boy.

As he reached the boy's shoulder, the boy faded away.

“That was weird.” Aang said outloud.

Coldness surrounded him once again. Aang took a single blink and he was back at the desert.

He standing up right where he was sleeping, Sokka and Katara were still asleep. So Aang decided to look ahead. When he took his first step, he realized that it was really cold.

He used his air bending powers to run ahead of his friends. He quickly reache the foot of the mountains.

They weren't far, less than a mile. But Aang couldn't shake the boy off his mind.

He looked so sad, was this thing like one of earlier dreams (Ch.1) where he saw the future.

He, the Avatar, should be there to stop that kind of thing. Aang hugged himself to keep warm.

He had to get back to his friends.

Aang walked back, keeping that boy on his mind.

Aang promised himself that he would not let a thing like that to happen as long as he was alive.

When he got back he cried himself to sleep, feeling all the pain the boy did.



“Wake up!” Sokka screamed at Aang.

“I'm up.” Aang replied sleepily, rubbing his eyes. He had a restkess sleep last night and was completely out of it.

“How much longer do you think it will be?” Katara asked starring into the mountains.

“Not much.” Aang said, still rubbing his eyes.

“What's wrong with you?” Sokka asked.

“I didn't get any sleep last night.” He replied still half asleep. “But let's not worry about that, let's go to the mountains!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FFXgirl on January 23, 2006, 8:57:57 AM

FFXgirl on
FFXgirlThis STory is AWSOME!!! I can't wait 'til you put up the next chapter!!!!! Plz put it up soon!!!!!!