Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Headaches

Ukitake is being driven off the wall by the increase in fighting between his two third seats. Shunsui comes up with a plan to give his best friend some peace and quiet, but it might work better than he thought. Sentarou/Kiyone

Chapter 1 - Headaches

Chapter 1 - Headaches
Winter was upon Soul Society, and a thick layer of the fluffy white snow now covered the ground in Seireitei. Ukitake Juushiro sat in his office on this snowy afternoon, working on the day's paperwork. Or he was trying to.

Crash!

"Ugh, look what you did, Sentaro, you moron! You made me spill the tea I made for the Captain!"

"Pssh! As if our Captain would ever want to drink that poison, Kiyone!"

"Why you...!"”

Ukitake sighed and set down his pen, putting his elbows on his desk as he gently massaged his temples. He had been having massive headaches lately, but they were not caused by is tuberculosis acting up. No, his two third seats were to blame for this. Lately, their usual bickering had become more frequent, and their fights seemed to always take place right outside his office. It was driving the normally calm captain of the thirteenth division up the wall.

After a few more minuets of shouting at each other, Ukitake heard Sentaro and Kiyone both storm off down the hallway in opposite directions. The captain class shinigami sighed again and picked up his pen, resuming the massive pile of paperwork that sat in front of him. He managed to get through three sheets before his door was swung open. Ukitake winced, ready to endure another argument between his two third seats.

"Hey Juu-chan! How're ya feeling?" Ukitake's best friend, Shunsui Kyoraku said cheerfully as he strode into the room, his signature pink flowered kimono draped over his shoulders. Ukitake breathed a sigh of relief as the eighth division captain dropped himself into the couch against the wall, pushing his straw hat up so that his eyes were uncovered.

"I'm just fine, Shun." Ukitake lied as he smiled, trying to ignore the pulsing pain in his head. Shunsui just grinned and laughed.

"You're not fooling me, Juu-chan. What's up, Kiyone and Sentaro giving you headaches again?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Ukitake sighed; there was no fooling Shunsui.

"Yeah, you got it. Those two seem to be arguing more lately, and it's driving me nuts." Ukitake said as he finished another sheet of paperwork. Shunsui laughed, and the loud sound made Ukitake’s headache flare up, causing him to wince.

"Those two bicker like an old married couple," Shunsui said, chuckling as he pulled himself into a sitting position. Silence followed for a moment and Ukitake watched his old friend, wondering what he was thinking.

"Well, Juu-chan, I've gotta go. Something came up." Shunsui said, hopping up from the couch and prancing to the door, a mischievous grin on his face. Ukitake didn't like that look.

"What are you planning?" he asked nervously, for Shunsui's plans usually involved crazy pranks, drinking, or weird stunts, and Ukitake almost always had to help his friend deal with the consequences.

"Now, now, Juu-chan, don't you worry about a thing." Shunsui said, pausing in the doorway, "You just enjoy some peace and quiet for the rest of the day." And with that, he disappeared.

Ukitake sighed and massaged his temples again before getting back to his paperwork. He had a feeling that Shunsui's plan involved his unfortunate third seats, but the thought of some peace and quiet made him not feel so bad. Still, as he filled out another form, Ukitake couldn’t help but wonder what his old friend had in store for his third seats. He sighed as he placed the form with the other finished ones.

"I just hope they come back alive..."”Ukitake said as he massaged his temples once more and prayed Shunsui returned them in once piece.

He prayed hard.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment