Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A beautiful beginning for a bad day

When Starfire sees a friend pass away, she fears for the safety of the others... and her sanity.(This is for nicole_titans contest... even though it might not seem that way at first.)

Chapter 1 - A beautiful beginning for a bad day

Chapter 1 - A beautiful beginning for a bad day


Chapter 1

A beautiful beginning for a bad day





A cool morning in Jump City started a new day for the inhabitants. It was a clear sunrise in late spring that would turn into a warm afternoon. Some of the citizens were beginning their day early, going to work or school without worry. They had little to fear, the Teen Titans were there to protect them. In the T-shaped tower, the Teen Titans watched over their city. Robin was already awake, as usual, practicing his fighting techniques to stay in top shape for whatever may lie ahead.

In the living room on the top floor of the tower, Starfire was admiring the early morning sun. It seemed that no matter how many times she saw it, the sunrise remained astoundingly beautiful. Starfire sighed at the wonderful sight before her, laughing at the thoughts of what she could do on such a nice day. “Glorious… A day such as this surly give way to great fun.” Starfire said to herself as she watched the sun rise higher into the sky.

The others were up and about soon after Starfire started planning fun things they could do together, and soon after they all gathered into the same room they began to argue. “I'm using the stove first. I don't want to lose my appetite to the smell of your nasty soy sludge.” Cyborg told Beast Boy as he shoved him away from the stove.

Beast Boy shoved Cyborg back. “I don't want to go clogging my arteries up with the grease left from your cooking… I still have all my arteries to watch out for.” Beast Boy said, taking the frying pan from the cupboard and slamming it on top of the stove.

Cyborg growled at Beast Boy and grabbed him by the collar. “That's low… Back off and I might let you keep a few teeth.” Cyborg told Beast Boy before throwing him over his shoulder. Cyborg was annoyed further to find that Raven had already taken the stove to prepare her own breakfast. “Yo! I was using that!” He shouted as he approached Raven.

Raven looked up at Cyborg calmly. “No, you were fighting with Beast Boy.” Raven said smartly before she went back to what she was doing.

Starfire was discouraged to see her friends arguing on such a nice day. Cyborg sat down and stared at the wall while he waited for Raven to finish using the stove. Beast Boy picked himself up and scoffed at Cyborg before he left the room in anger. Robin bumped into Beast Boy and was surprised to see Beast Boy brush past him and continue walking. Robin walked into the living room to see that everyone seemed to be in a bad mood. “Did I miss something?” Robin asked Starfire as he walked to the computer to monitor activity in town.

Starfire looked a little sad as she followed Robin to the computer. “I do not believe our friends are morning people.” Starfire said as she looked at Cyborg and Raven. Cyborg looked as though he was trying to ignore everyone else and Raven looked as though she was regretting getting out of bed this morning. “There was an argument… They do not seem happy with each others company today.”

Robin sighed at the news. “Sometimes people just don't want to get along for a while… I'm sure they'll get over it and be back to their old selves after some time to themselves.” Robin told Starfire when he saw the sad look in her eyes.

Starfire wasn't quite satisfied with Robin's words, they seemed too passive. Starfire wanted her friends to get along, but it was difficult for them sometimes. “I hope you are right.” Starfire said as she sat down on the couch and looked out at the city.

A few hours passed and the Titans still seemed to be on edge. Starfire could never get used to the feeling, no matter how many times she felt it before. All she could hope was that they forgot about their squabble and went back to being friends soon.

Robin was still in the living room, watching a cooking show while the others were off doing their own thing. Robin had gotten used to the constant fights the others had between themselves, it was regular human nature. Robin knew that, after a while, they would forget the whole thing and go back to being friends.

The alarm began to sound, calling the titans to action before they got a chance to forget about the earlier troubles. Robin got up and assembled everyone together before he gave them the order to move out. Starfire felt even more afraid now that they had to go and fight. Starfire now feared that her friends wouldn't work together like they normally did, which might lead to further troubles. “I hope that it is nothing to serious… I have a very bad feeling about what we are facing.” Starfire said to herself as she followed the others out to the city.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on February 1, 2006, 5:00:05 AM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenU r sooo............. good!!!!!! that is alsome..........