Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A forced farewell

When Starfire sees a friend pass away, she fears for the safety of the others... and her sanity.(This is for nicole_titans contest... even though it might not seem that way at first.)

Chapter 2 - A forced farewell

Chapter 2 - A forced farewell


Chapter 2

A forced farewell



A bank was in the middle of being robbed by a short, tired looking man. He wore a breath control mask and carried several pouches on his belt. The Titans arrived at the bank just as he was about to open the vault. The Titans noticed that everyone in the back was asleep, but showed no signs of struggle. “Hold it!” Robin demanded to the short man in the mask.

The man turned to the Titans and put up his hands. “I plan to hold nothing but the gold in this vault.” He said before he grabbed a pouch from his belt and threw it in front of Robin. The pouch exploded and Robin felt his movements get slower, as though he was moving through thick mud. “I am your worst nightmares come true… you can call me The Sleeper.” The man proclaimed, tossing another pouch at the vault door. The pouch burst and the powder inside caused the vault door to rust and fall away. “Go away, unless you want to face your worst fears.” The Sleeper said as he entered the open vault.

Raven appeared from a shadow in front of the tired looking villain, looking very menacing. “Even though I'm terrified of your small bags of dust,” Raven said, sarcastically. “I'm not letting you walk out of here with a single cent.” Raven said as she put up a fighting stance.

The Sleeper looked at Raven with an exhausted expression. “You shouldn't be afraid of the powder… you should be afraid of what you can't see.” The Sleeper said as though he was yawning. He tossed another pouch at Raven's eyes and she fell to the floor.

Raven rubbed her eyes but could only see darkness. It was as though the lights had been turned off. Raven couldn't hear anything except for a loud growl behind her. When Raven tried to move away from the growling thing it moved closer. Beast Boy saw Raven stumbling around blindly and went after the robber. Beast Boy turned into a T-rex and charged the villain. The Sleeper turned towards Beast Boy and tossed a pouch of dust at his feet. The ground under Beast Boy seemed to turn into liquid, making Beast Boy sink quickly. Beast Boy tried to swim free, but no matter what he tried he couldn't escape.

Cyborg and Starfire charged The Sleeper at the same time, hoping he wouldn't be able to stop them both. The Sleeper turned to face them and threw a pouch at Starfire. “Goodnight little girl.” He said as the powder bag burst on Starfire's face. Starfire yawned and began to fall asleep, feeling her eyes get heavier with every passing second. The last thing Starfire saw before she fell asleep was Cyborg grabbing The Sleeper by the collar of his shirt. “You oaf, put me down!” The Sleeper shouted, but Starfire was unconscious before she could see what happened next.

Starfire woke up a few minutes later when Raven shook her. “Are you okay?” Raven asked slowly as she helped Starfire stand.

Starfire still felt a little dizzy from the sleep powder but she noticed that Raven looked very sad. “We were victorious?” Starfire asked, looking around the room. Raven was silent, but Starfire could see what was troubling her. Robin was injured and sitting next to a large object under a sheet. The object had a familiar shape, Starfire began to feel sick about what she was going to find under the sheet. Starfire walked over slowly and heard Beast Boy crying in the corner, making it easer to tell what had happened.

Starfire could see Cyborg's hand sticking out one side of the sheet, making it painfully obvious that her suspicions had been correct. The shock was too sudden, Starfire could feel the painful sadness building up, but she wasn't able to cry. “Wha… why… how did this happen?” Starfire asked, cautiously kneeling down to look at hold the exposed hand.

Robin pointed across the room to show Starfire the charred remains of The Sleeper. “His powder caused catastrophic system failure in Cyborg's main power core… Cyborg power core exploded and nearly destroyed us all… there was nothing we could do for them.” Robin said, sounding as though he was holding back a lump in his throat.

Beast Boy was still crying in the corner. He sounded as though he was muttering something. “I never said I was sorry… I was a jerk and I never said I was sorry.” Beast Boy said to himself, not looking away from the wall.

Starfire couldn't believe what was happening, one of her best friends was taken from her by a man they had only met minutes before. It didn't seem possible that Cyborg could be gone, but the proof was lying right in front of her. Starfire felt a warm tear run down her face as he pulled the sheet back enough to see Cyborg's face. His human eye was still open, but it was dull and showed no signs of life. Starfire felt her heart sink as she stood up and walked out of the bank. Starfire could hardly think, the day she had planned had turned into something horrible. Starfire woke up that morning hoping to have fun with her friends, but she would now have to say good bye to one.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon52 on February 6, 2006, 1:42:41 AM

dragon52 on
dragon52good story please continue it.

terry_titanqueen on February 1, 2006, 10:57:08 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................. that makes me really sad and depersd... it i spelled it right.... wow i felt like i was there.... see it all happen....