Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

A broken promise leads a young man to great power and eventually, ascension to Godhood.

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
PROPHECY ANDASCENSION
 
A prophecy is not justsomething that is foretold, it is any cataclysmic event that in one way oranother affects the whole world. Prophecies do not always have to come tofulfilment; it all depends on chance and people’s decisions. It’s only becausewith all the chances that come along, someone is bound to make the decisionthat would lead to prophecy.
 
With that commonmisunderstanding put aside, I will now tell a story about one of the times a prophecydid come to fulfilment. Except that in this story, there is more to it thanjust a great, cataclysmic event. As it always is with life; behind everyfearful or great power, there is a deep, dark sadness, and sometimes there isalso a great anger.
 
*        *        *        *        *        *
 
Taylin was not an averageperson, he spent all his time practicing his swordplay, but he still hadpowerful magic. No one understood how he could be born with magical abilitiesthat kept growing stronger with age, even though he did nothing to aid in itsgrowth. Taylin could not make many friends, people feared him too much; theyfeared him because they did not understand him. He did not even understandhimself, the only information he ever received that gave him any hint to how ithappened came from a mysterious, old man named Hextor. Hextor told Tayin thathe was born with his magical powers because he had an important part to play incoming events.
 
By the time Taylin wastwenty-three he had four good, trustable friends and he had even fallen inlove. The woman who had captured his heart was neither a fighter or aspell-caster, she wasn’t even a cleric……She was a rogue, and one of the best inher guild. Taylin did not mind that she dismissed the laws as if they weresimple boundaries. In actual fact, he enjoyed hearing the tales of her deviousexploits. The lucky woman’s name was Thorva.
 
At the moment though, he wasworrying. There was a big fight coming, there were some beasts that were goingto come into town and he had promised Thorva that he would stay away from thebattle. But his friends had begged and pleaded him until he broke under thepressure and said that he would fight. He was worried about what would happenif she found out that he broke his promise, she is the only person to everreturn his love, and he didn’t want to hurt her.
“Where is he? Taylin better not have backed out of thisbecause of his girlfriend” Crush said, people called him Crush because he was abig, powerfully built man, who tended to his fists instead of iron weapons. Allof Taylin’s friends were waiting for him; Crush, Slarn, Laev and Poska were allstanding around at the position where the beasts were meant to go first.
“Come on guys, do you really think that I would go throughall the danger of breaking my promise, just to leave you dude’s standing tofight alone?” Taylin said walking around the corner.
“Hey man, your obsessed with her, when it comes to whatyou’ll do about things with her, your pretty unpredictable” Poska stated. Atthat moment six beasts walked out of the trees and seen the friends.
“What are you doing here?” The biggest creature asked.
“We have come to keep you out of our town” Taylin answered
“We want no violence” The beast said
“We will not be lied to” Cruch yelled when Taylinhesitated
“Very well, if you wish to fight, then we’ll fight” thecreature sighed and both groups ran at each other.
 
The groups hit and straightaway the clash and ring of metal could be heard from far away. Taylin wasmatched up against the leader of the beasts and was ducking and weaving,waiting for the right opening. After a short while he found what he was lookingfor and slid his sword passed the beasts metal claws and between it’s ribs topierce the heart. As the creature fell Taylin seen movement off to his leftside, he swung around to see what it was, but nothing was there. Then he seenit, a shadow moving infront of the trees, it was Thorva. Taylin started to walktowards her, but a creature jumped in his was. Taylin picked up the beast andthrew him aside. Taylin could no longer see Thorva but move forward anyway,when he got closer to the place he last seen Thorva she came into view. She waslying on the ground, blood leaking from a gash in her chest. He ran over toher, oblivious to the fighting around him and knelt beside her.
“Thorva, I’m sorry,” He said picked her up in his arms.
“You broke your promise” She could barely talk.
“I know, I’m sorry, this wasn’t meant to happen” Hechoked.
“It’s alright, I forgive you” Thorva said.
“I love you Thorva” Taylin stated.
“I love you too,” She gasped as the last of her liferained out of her body.
 
He threw back his head andhowled in anger, putting the body on the ground. All fighting stopped aseveryone turned to face him.
“Aaaaaaargh. NOOOO! This is all your fault, you pressuredme into doing this. YOU KILLED HER!!!” He called to his friends as he rose upinto the air.
“If you would’ve left me with my original decision none ofthis would have come about” he said, lightning was striking randomly every fiveseconds and there were little balls of fire swarming and circling him.
“FEEL MY FURY” He yelled and shot long columns of fireinto the sky. The clouds turned crimson and the sky wept blood, fire rainedfrom the sky, lightning struck furiously and the ground shook beneath people’sfeet.
 
Then the sky opened and abright light descended to surround Taylin and lift him up into the heavens.
“What is this? Let me go, it is not my time” Taylin yelledas he struggled, but it was useless, he was powerless to this beam of light.The sky closed and Taylin was gone, but his wrath stayed for years after, hispower had stretched worldwide and no one was safe from his fury.
 
*        *       *        *        *        *
 
Taylin achieved two greatthings with what he did. One was that he brought a prophecy to fulfilment withhis own power alone, and the other was that he was the first - and is still theonly – mortal to become a god. Because of the events leading up to Taylin’s‘ascension’, he became the god of fury and suffering. It is said that insidehis temples, if you are silent, one can hear him weeping for his lost love, whodied because he broke his promise.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment