Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Tora

Tora, the blind, 15 year old, goth girl from a small town in Iowa, begins to have prophetic dreams that lead her into a world full of mystery and magic! What is this power growing inside her? And why can she suddenly hear voices calling to her in the dark

Chapter 1 - Tora

Chapter 1 - Tora
The darkness swirled around her. Was there no escape? The voices beyond her perspective called her name in a rainbow of tones...
"Tora come to us..."
"Tora we can see you..."
"You can''t hide from us Tora..."
She spun around in each direction the voices came from one by one. Was there no end to this madness?
"STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!" she screamed and pressed her hands to her ears as a colossal reverberation  of laughter came from every direction. "WHY WON''T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" She spun quickly around as her super sonic hearing suddenly picked up a faint cry in the cackling...
"Tora save us..."
"Please Tora..."
"You are our last hope..."
The cackling grew to a crescendo and she pressed her hand so hard against her ears she thought she would crush her head!
Tora Manning sat straight up in bed as her alarm clock wailed her favorite heavy metal radio station at her as her 6:00 wake up call.
"Damn it!" she moaned as she slammed down the snooze button with perfect aim. She ruffled her limp Mohawk, as she sat up, in an attempt to wake up some of the nerves in her head. She felt her way out of her bed and into her bathroom. She didn''t bother to turn on the light, what good would it do? She washed her face and brushed her teeth and put on her makeup with routine preciosity. She walked into the kitchen and and toward the cupboard, but stubbed her toe on a chair that had been pulled out in the middle of the floor.
"Mother..." she started but caught herself. "Candy! Candy I know you''re in here don''t pretend your not! What did I say about leaving things out of place?!" Candy moved out from behind the refrigerator.
"Sorry Tora, I keep forgetting. It won''t happen again I swear!" Candy pleaded as she moved the chair back to the table. "I just keep forgetting you''re blind, this whole place is new to me you know. But I am really sorry!"
"It''s okay Candy," Tora said reluctantly, "I forgive you. Just don''t let it happen again, please?" Tora maneuvered over to Candy and gave her a big hug. "I know it''s hard to remember when something new happens. Just like I had to adjust to being blind, you have to adjust to living in a new foster home every so often. I completely understand!"
"Thanks Tora, I''m glad you do!" Candy replied. Tora released her from her embrace and made her way back to the cupboard. She found her favorite oatmeal and made her way to the stove, where she prepared it. She then proceeded over to the couch where she flipped on the television to the morning news and listened intently.
"Our top story this morning..." started the female news anchor, "the Vampire Murderer strikes again! This time killing 3 prostitutes and leaving their bodies in a dumpster on the corner of Easting and Main." Tora sighed and thought,
Wouldn''t the world be so much better if people stopped killing people? She shrugged off the thought and turned around at the sound of her mother''s footsteps coming down the stairs. She counted eleven steps before she asked, "Mom? Can I talk to you for a sec?"
"Why sure honey," Tora''s mom replied, "but first I need my coffee." Tora listened as her mom poured a cup of coffee and walked over to the couch, where she sat down. "What did you want to talk about sweetie?" her mom inquired.
"Well it''s kind of, um, it''s just that..." Tora sighed.
"C''mon hon spit it out." Her mom insisted.
"Well you know how, since the accident, I''ve been special? And I''m not talking about being blind, mind you." Tora said shakily.
"Why yes honey, we know about your, um, abilities," her mom answered timidly.
"It''s just that the past few nights, I''ve had these nightmares. And they seemed so real, they felt like my special dreams, but I was so scared I didn''t pursue their meanings." Tora explained. "I''m, I''m just afraid that something bad is going to happen."
"Oh, honey," her mother comforted, as she gave her a big hug, "nothing bad is going to happen. Every one gets nightmares! I''m sure it''ll pass." Just then a loud honk came from outside.
"Is that the bus already?" Tora said and pressed the button on her special watch and a voice chimed ''7:02 AM'' Tora sighed and shuffled over to the door where she picked up her safety pin adorned backpack. "C''mon Candy the bus is here!" she called as she opened the door and walked down the driveway to the bus. She could hear it''s motor chug all the way from inside the house. The door creaked open and she could automatically pick out what each individual was saying.
"Did you see the last episode of Charmed?"
"I''ll give three bucks for your pastrami sandwich!"
"How many times do I have to tell you Ben? Chew with you mouth closed! Geese!"
She  smiled and climbed the steps of the bus and followed the voice of the girl telling Ben to chew with his mouth closed.
"Well excuse me!" Ben said, annoyed.
"Ugh, don''t talk with food in your mouth either!" The girl said disgusted.
"Hey Ben, hi Crystal! Room for one more?" Tora inquired.
"As always!" Ben responded and patted the space next to him. Tora sat down. A second later she heard Candy board the bus and the doors squeak closed.
"So we again are off to meet our doom at the hands of high school teachers, no?" Tora said in a fake English accent.
"What?" said Ben jokingly, "I thought this was the bus to Hell?"
"One in the same!" Crystal said playing along. The bus pulled out into the street and began the short drive to Waverly High School, as the friend continued to poke fun at their school.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment