Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Some punishment...

Tora, the blind, 15 year old, goth girl from a small town in Iowa, begins to have prophetic dreams that lead her into a world full of mystery and magic! What is this power growing inside her? And why can she suddenly hear voices calling to her in the dark

Chapter 4 - Some punishment...

Chapter 4 - Some punishment...

It wasn't a good thing that Tora's father had died, but it's not like it was bad. Tora's dad, or her sperm doner as she liked to call him becasues he was never much of a dad, had passed away last year, after having abandoned her and her mother when she was only 4. After his death, however, it was found that her father had a LOT of money, and being only thirty, he hadn't expected his demise so soon. So he left no will. Also because he was lazy he had never signed the divorse papers her mother had mailed him 8 years ago. Therefore, Tora andher mom had inherited the loot. Since her father had lived in Cuba, it was Tora's theory that he was a major drug cartel, and that's how he got the money, and that he must have pissed off someone, because they killed him. Or rather, hired someone to kill him. Tora's father was one of the very first "Vampire Murderer" cases. So his while his death wasn't "cause for celabration" that didn't mean Tora couldn't be slightly glad, on the inside at least...

When Tora finally dragged herself out of bed around noon, she threw on her baggy No Fear hoddie over her Corpse bride pajama tank, and pulled up the bottom of her ripped flame printed pajama pants so she could slip her foot into her bat shapped slippers. She then proptly proceeded down stairs. She made her way to the refridgeorator and reach her hand out to the bottle of milk. Upon reaching said milk bottle Tora found a firmly attached sticky note on the bottle. Tora sat at the table frustrated that her mom had done somthing without having her coffee. If Tor's mom didn't get her coffe in the morning she was well, to put it nicely, a complete nimrod! She hadn't remembered that Tora was blind! What if the note was important? Just then Tora thought of something, she remembered when her family rented this movie, what was it called, Daredevil! Any-who there was this blind guy who could read normal words just by feeling the diffreances in texture. She had neverthought to try it untill now. She placed her hands gracefully above the note and concentrated hard. She placed her fingers along the first word and gently, carefully felt for the texture change. T-O-R-A-,:Tora, her name and obviously the begining of a note to her. She proceeded delicately and found the letter said the following:

Tora,

I had some things to take care of.

Do NOT leave the house, you are GROUNDED!

Candy has a recital after school so we won't be home untill 10:00 or so.

Love, Mom

No big, she had planed on that. She didn't need to leave the house to have fun.She coud bring the fun to her. She picked up the phone and dialed Chrystal's number. Chrystal picked up the phone. The first thing she heard was'

"Miss Hardwin, do you mind not doing that durring my calss?"

"Oh, chill!"

Tora recognized the voiced as Coach Biggers, the geography teacher, and Chrystal. "Tora, what's up?"

"How do you feel about taking Ben and going AWAL? Come spend some quality time with your best friend?" Tora spoke a hint of deviousness in the voice.

"Sure I'll be there as soon as--" Chrystal began but was cut off by Ben shouting,

"Is that Tora? HI TORA!"

"Shut up you little monkey!" Chrystal returned

"Miss Hardwin!" Coach Biggers began, Tora could tell he was losing his pacients, "If you're done disrupting my class, would you ming putting up your cell phone?"

"Like I was saying," Chrystal said a hint of defiance in her voice, "I'll be there as soon as this obnoxious class lets out."

"That is is Miss Hardwin!" Coach Biggers, had snapped, "Give me the cell phone, NOW. you're not going to be getting it back for a long while!"

"Oh, back off!" Tora heared Chrystal say, "Bye Tora. I got stuff to take care of" and the line went dead.

When Ben and Chrystal arrived, Tora told them nither her mom or foster sibling would be home untill 10:00. Ben, Chrystal, and Tora imediately started making party plans. Practacally the intire guest list were kids from the "alternitive" school. The trio prefered to call it the art school. The Kathrine Anne Porter School (or KAPS for schort) was the other high school in town. There were no sports and the majority of the classes were art based. All the other Goths in town went to that school. Why do the terrorific trio not attened? Their parents don't want them falling in with a "Bad crowed", like letting them be tourured at the mainstream school was much better or something? Chrystal whipped out her cell phone and dialed at least 30 numbers. At least 20 said they would be there.  So they started to get ready.

Tora and Chrystal stated to set up (IE: move valuble or breakable things into Tora's room, and returning with Tora's massive Metal, Goth, Emo, and Alternitive CD collection), white Ben started making food. You wouldn't think Ben would be good at something like that, right? Wrong. Ben was an exelent cook, and startalingly quick about it. By the time Tora and Chrystal were done, he had whipped up a large bowl of home-meade salsa (with chips of course) and had black dyed cookied baking.

"Chrystal, do you mind getting the spiderweb table cloth out from under the sink?" Ben asked.

"No prob." Chrystal said and went to go get it. As the were putting the finnishing touches on ther window drapes. The doorbell rang.

It was PARTYTIME!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment