Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Cheshire's Sleeping Habits

My cat is a cheshire cat. The whole world is his toy, he loves to be where he isn't allowed, and he's only found when he wants to be.

Chapter 2 - A Cheshire's Sleeping Habits

Chapter 2 - A Cheshire's Sleeping Habits
Cheshire's sleeping habits have changed over the years. I don't remember much about how he slept as a kitten. But it has gotten interesting in recent years.

I found, during my more angsty period, that certain music makes him twitch in his sleep. It was during homework time. He was curled up on his back in a crooked C shape, and I was sitting in front of a math book, eating my pencil's eraser. A Linkin Park song I liked came on, so I turned up the radio. Then I noticed something. Cheshire's paws were twitching. I turned off the music and they stopped. But when I turned it back up, he twitched some more. I don't know that it's ever happened since.

-I would like to apologize now. Cheshire has joined me in the chair and is loving on me as he does when I'm busy. And spelling errors or missing words are his doing-

For a year or two, he started talking in his sleep. We were in the livingroom, watching a movie. When I paused it to get a snack, we heard a strange sound, like a cross between muttering, and meowing. It was Cheshire, of course! He was curled up in this very chair, sleeping, but talking. At that same period in time, he developed a weird habit of "suckling" in his sleep. Mom figured he was dreaming of early kittenhood.

For many years now, Cheshire has snored. It's nothing new, I think all our cats have snored at one point or another. It always confuses us, because we don't expect it.

Cheshire cats make very good teddy bears. Just last night, I pulled him to the front of the bed to sleep with me. It doesn't usually work, because I tend to toss and turn a lot. But last night was pretty special. He curled into the crooked C shape and fell fast asleep, as did I. But, I woke a few hours later to a kick in the chest. It was him, trying to roll onto his stomach. He pressed his butt up against me and went back to sleep. Why do cats love rubbing us with they're butts?

Cheshire's favorite sleeping spots are, from least to most favorite: My bed, especially when he's not wanted; Mom's bed, where he's never wanted; and lastly, the computer chair, which the whole family fights for, except Cheerio, who is too fat to get onto it.

Now that I've written today, I must go to bed. I'm bringing the Cheshire cat with me.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment