Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - And so it begins

Life was already hectic for Kim... Bad grades, her parents were still away on their 'business trip.' Kelly her sister was almost always out doing something making her babysit. Then right when she's trying to get to sleep she's sucked into an alternate dim

Chapter 1 - And so it begins

Chapter 1 - And so it begins
A young fourteen year old girl was tossing and turning in her bed, The girl by the name of Kim, was currently having a bad dream. This was the sixth night she had it in a row. It was the same thing every night, there would be fire every were. Giant monsters were roaming around freely. A dark figure with bat like wings floated above her. She thought it was human. It looked human, well it kind of looked human anyway. The entire area was burning. People and small creatures were running everywere. Several people she knew would be there, battleing these fierce beasts. She too would be battleing, Ice would shoot from her fingers and help put out fires. Another girl would make rain fall magically from the sky. Two others would attack the beasts directly with firey vines. Four small creatures were helping also. Kim thought they looked kinda cute. Kim was at the part were a large demon flew from the sky and attacked her. And she couldn't stop it. She would then try to retreat but several more monsters appeared infront of her and kept her from leaving. The monsters would all blow fire. At that moment she would wake up.

        Kim sat up in Bed suddenly. Her eyes wide and filled with fear. She was wet from sweat and breathing heavilly. She sighed nervosly as she looked at her hot-pink flower clock. Five-fifty nine Am it read. The clock now turned to six. A loud and annoying beeping filled the room. Kim pushed a button on the clocks base, stopping the beeping almost as soon as it started. " Always the wake up one second before your clock goes off thing." Kim said.

        She pushed the bed covers off her. And made her bed for later that night. She then stepped into her butterfly slippers that were laying at the bottom of her bed. She slowly stood up and walked over to her dresser. She looked into the mirror to see a pink haired tired girl looking back at her. She undid her hair and picked up a comb and brushed her hair. She complained of matts after she finished. Kim went into the Bathroom to take a warm shower. She came out dried herself off and dressed into her school clothes. She wore a pink shirt with a smiley face on it, she also wore some black shorts with a pink stripe going down the left side. She put her hair in pony tails. She brushed her teeth. Kim walked out of the bathroom and through the her bedroom door. She walked down the stairs and smelled waffles.

         A small boy no more the eight sat at the table. He looked mad. " I hate waffles." He grumbled shoveing a plate with waffles on it away. The waffles were untouched and cold.

        " David eat your waffles!" Kims older sister Kelly commanded. Kim took notice of what Kelly was wearing today. Kelly was always keeping up with the latest fashions, Kim made sure to pay attention to what she was wearing for that reason. A black and dark purple shirt, and faded blue jeans. Kelly had her hair down to her waist with a red highlight in it.

        Kelly pushed the plate of waffles back towards David.

        " No!" David said dropping a waffle on his fork. Then slamming his fist into the other side. This caused the waffle to catapalt off the fork. It flew threw the air toward kim. She ducked and the waffle hit the wall behind her. Kim glared at him and went over to her plate of waffles which she ate. She stayed alert for more flying waffles.

        " David! You're so cleaning that!" Kelly shouted. Looking at the waffle mess on the wall.

        " No you are!" David shouted back as he stuck his tounge out at her. " Cause I don't know how to clean stuff and i'm not tall enough to reach it."


        Kelly ignored David. " Kim you have your essay don't you? You know the one were you have to write a short fantasy story?" Kelly asked takeing Davids waffles and putting them next to the sink were Kims plate already was.

        " Yeah." Kim said shoving it into her small purple and pink backpack. She grabbed her pack and headed for the door. She opened it to see the school bus arriving. " Oh great. Bye everybody!" She shouted to her sister and her brother. Then she ran for the bus. It started to pull away. " Wait!" Kim shouted determined not to miss the bus. Kim could see a figure stand up and walk towards the driver of the bus. She knew that the figure told the driver to stop. Because the bus had stopped, Kim ran to it. Everyone stared at her as she entered. She saw who stopped the bus return to his seat. Actually she sat with him. She quickly sat in the seat and sunk down. " Thanks Max." She said out of breath. Max was fourteen also. He had brown hair and wore a black shirt and navy-blue jeans. Kim had a crush on him since third grade. She was currently in eighth grade.

        Max looked at her and smiled kindly. She smiled back. "Thanks." She said blushing.

        " Kim." Max said looking toward her.

         Yeah?" She asked, blushing even more. 'Is he gonna ask me out? I hope so,' Kim thought. She went through all the possible things Max would say to her.

         Would you... uh, g- go to the fall d-dance with me?" Max asked as he scratched the back of his neck. His kind brown eyes were focused on Kim. Her face lit up.

         "Sure!" She said happily. Not long after that they arrived to Dolphin Run Middle School. Kim was one of the first to get off the bus. She couldn't wait to tell her friends what just happened. She entered the school and eagerly waited for the first classes to start. She had to wait in the cafateria untill all the teachers and students arrived. " Bing Bing Bing." The early bell sounded. Kim and everyone else left the cafe and walked to their first classes of the day. 'Time for Math.' Kim thought sighing in her mind. She had to open her locker and get her Math book. She had to dig through several F's and a couple A's and B's in her locker. 'I really need to clean this.' She said slamming it shut a piece of paper was sticking out the top. She went to her Math class and imediatly fell asleep.

        " Kim!" A familiar voice shouted rudley. Mrs. Bawk the Math teacher was towering over Kim who had fallen asleep. " No wonder you have all those F's in your locker, you're always sleeping throught the class! This type of Math isn't even that hard." Mrs. Bawk said. The whole class was laughing. May and her group in the back were laughing more then the others.

" Huh? what? eekk!" Kim shouted noticing she had drooled on her desk. She blushed and hurried out of the room. She walked down a hallway and entered the bathroom. " That was embarassing," Kim said sighing. She stayed in the bathroom sitting by the sinks. When someone would come in she would hide in the bathroom stalls. The bell rang. She went to her locker and got out her stuff a few laughs and giggles were heard in the process. Kim sighed. Maybe she could pretend to be sick, then be sent home. Yea that would work. Well no it wouldn't she'd have to come back on Monday. At least she had the rest of the week to let everyone forget about it. If she was lucky maybe she would move. But what about Max then? Kim sighed. She didn't know what to do. The rest of Friday was extremly slow. Every minute seemed like an hour. The end of the day eventually came. Kim got all her stuff, her backpack was heavy. She didn't have anybooks in it but was still heavy.

Kim walked home that day. She knew the people on the bus would be talking about her. It was a long walk home, she had to go through a town followed by a small forest then back into another town. She had to walk a few blocks before she was home. Once she got home she said 'hi' to her sister and brother then hurried up to her room. She turned on her computer and put a music CD in it. The music then began to play it was a fast type of Music. Kim connected to the internet and immediatly one of her freinds Instant messenged her.

"I heard what happened today." It said. A laughing smiley followed after the words.

" It was so embarrasing." Kim's message said.

" I bet it was." The message said the letters were now rainbow colored and bigger.


" Hey Mishio just be glad it wasn't you!"
Kim's message said with a smiley face pointing.

This went on intill kim had to go to bed.

" cya! I g2g 2 bed." Kim's message said.

" Ok bye!"
Mishio's message said.

        Kim now removed the CD from the computer. Then she commanded the computed to shut down. Soon the screen turned black and the humming noise it was making stopped. She brushed her Hair and her teeth then attemptet sleeping. This sleeping thing was impossible for her tonight. She tossed and turned, she couldn't get to sleep at all. She grumbled and stood up. She walked over to her computer and turned it on. She slumped into the seat near the computer and watched it turn on. It took forever to load. Kim sighed when it finally loaded she clicked the start button on the bottom left side of her computer. She selected the name solitare a small box opened with several cards in it. Kim began dragging the cards around. " Heh, If i'm lucky i'll beat my score of zero wins." She muttered.

        Around midnight a strange humming noise, made Kim move away from her computer. She didn't know what it was, or were it was coming from. She only knew on thing about it, it wasn't from her computer. And it defiantly wasn't supposed to be in her room. She reluctantly stood up and nearly fell over, the humming noise was much more loud now. "Gah, what is that!?" She said walking towards her mirror. She didn't see her reflection, but instead a large glittiring cave. She walked over to the mirror the humming was coming from the cave in the mirror. "It's not real. Stuff like this only happens in cartoons." Kim said as she pressed her palm against the mirror. Her hand sloly began to be pulled in. Almost like quick sand. She tried to yank her hand back. She couldn't her hand was stuck in her mirror. Something flew from the mirror. It flew right at Kim, she couldn't move away from it. It looked like a demon. A really tiny demon. It flew out out of the way of Kim and behind her. It looked around her room a little. It opened it's mouth and pulled the entire room into it's mouth. Nothing was left but Kim's mirror and Kim. Pictures were flashing through the mirror like crazy. The mirror now had Kim's entire arm into the mirror. She was screaming, she knew no one could hear her, she just felt like screaming. Well she didn't really feel like it, she just did and uncontrolably at that. "What's going on!" She shouted as she was pulled into the mirror. The demon flew in also. She blacked out once she was in the mirror.

        When Kim woke she looked around she was in the cave she saw in the mirror. The walls were covered in sparkly gems of all colors and sizes. It looked like a rainbow to Kim. " Wow, I really must be dreaming." She said standing up. She was dizzy at first and almost fell over, she managed to catch her ballance. She walked along side the wall. She ran her fingers along the surprisingly smooth wall. She saw the demon fly ahead. It was a path, made of the gems. The path was foggy ahead. Kim saw a dim light in the fog. A small fuzzy creature wobbled up to her holding a lantern. " Come on, we don't have all day." It said grabbing her hand and yanking her along. The creature was surprisingly strong. As she entered the mist the creature vanished. She no longer felt the fur on it's hand. She wished it would come back, she felt lost without it. She figured the creature knew it's way around whatever this place was. Kim tripped on something, she fell over. " Ow." She said trying to see what it was. She couldn't see anything, not even her hands infront of her face. The fog was to thick to see anything, no wonder the small creature left. He probably had better senses then she had. She stood up, at least she thought she did. She couldn't tell, it felt like she was standing. She was going to be more carefull now. No more tripping. She put her hands infront of her to make sure she didn't run into any walls. She travled awhile, she still had her hands infront of her. She touched something, wet, slimy, and furry she didn't want to know what it was. She felt warmth on her arm, her arm was now wet. She backed away and tripped over what seemed like a vine, she felt a rock dig into her skin. She yelped and took her hand away she tore off a piece of cloth from the part of her shirt around her wrist. She wrapped it gently around her bleeding palm. The creature she had just touched jumped on her knocking her over. She moved it off of her and ran, tripping over several vines. She heared it panting behind her. She didn't want to find out what it was. She knew it was following her, she needed to get away. The fog was clearing a little now. She could make out trees, vines, exotic looking flowers, and some water puddles along the now dirt path. It looked like a jungle, it felt like one too. Kim continued to run, she had lost the creature following her. She took a small rest, " what is this place?" She asked getting up after awhile and following along the path. She could see clearly now. The jungle seemed to die as she continued, it got hotter and hotter. The cut on her palm stung alot now.

        "Please stop running away from me." A creature said appearing infront of her. Kim shrieked. The creature sent a sticky substance at her feet. She couldn't move. " Listen, you need to let me heal your wound. Demons are already following the smell of your blood. If you're found you'll be taken to the Dark Lord's castle. I've lost many friends to the Dark Lord. Once you enter his castle you NEVER come back." The creature explained.

        " Let me go!" Kim shouted trying to get free from the substance. " And what do you mean Dark Lord!?" She asked.

        "No. Not yet. You don't know anything about this place do you?" The creature asked shaking it's head and sighing.

        " Of course I do!" Kim shouted.
        
        "Then, were are we right now?" The creature asked.

        "Umm, here." She answered trying to be as right as she could be.

        " Pffhbt! We're just south of the flame land. Helfirion. Demons live in that land, very mean demons."

        "Demons don't exist. Neither does this Helfiri thing."

        "Sorry." The creature said and threw a bottle at Kim. It exploded and Kim blacked out. "You'll need to come with me." It said walking over to her.

        " W-Were am I?" Kim asked. She was on a small bed in a small room. The creature walked in carrying a small bowl.

        "Finally awake eh? Good. I'll need to send you on your way as soon as possible. First you'll need to drink this." It said shoving the bowl to her. It appeared to be chicken noodle soup. Kim took a sip and spit it out.

        " Blech! What is this stuff!" She shouted wiping off her tougne.

        "Demon soup." The creature replied. " I have to do something with all the annoying demons roaming around at my house." The creature forced a spoonful into Kims mouth and made her swallow it. At least the after taste wasn't to bad.

        Kim noticed her palm was healed. " How'd you heal my palm?" She asked.

        "I have my powers." The creature said. " You should get some better clothes." It said. "You have an epic journy ahead of you, you'll need approprite clothes." The creature said as it morphed into a boy. Kim noticed his other form resembled a small dog.

        Kim's jaw dropped. "How'd you do that!" She asked.

        "Like I said before I have my powers. Here if you wanna blend in a little more, you should get different clothes. The bathroom is over there." He said tossing her a box and pointing towards a door.

        "Uh, ok." Kim said catching the box and walking into the bathroom. Awhile later she came out wearing a tank top with a shirt under it and blue pants with black shoes. "This good?" She asked.

        "It's good enough. Now hurry. We can't waste anymore time!" The boy said reaching for a pack. "Here I prepared this for you, it has several healing herbs, some fruits, survival objects, and a few books to read later. Theres also a lot of room, and it never gets heavy no matter how much stuff you put in it."

        "Thanks. Anyway, what's your name?" Kim asked catching the pack the boy had thrown at her.

        "It's Marve. I'm a shape shifter. And you are?"

        " Kim." She said simply as she put the pack on.

        "Nice name. Now come on, lets go." Marve said tugging her hand. "Now look in your pack for a map. Make sure to keep it out, I can't travel with you the whole time."

        "What do you mean you can't come with me? I don't even know where i'm supposed to be going!" Kim shouted taking the pack off her back and digging through it once they were outside.

        "Heh, I'm not going anywere near the Demons in helfirion. Nasty things." Marve said shaking his head.

        "You're such a chicken. Anyway were am I supposed to go anyway?" Kim asked pulling the map out of her pack. She put the map under her arm and shut the pack and put it back on her back.

"You're going to the center of this part of the world. Once there you'll find a another cave similar to the one you were just in. When you find it you'll need to enter as quick as you can. Find the center of the cave, wait there with the others." Marve said.

        "Why do I need to go there in the first place?" Kim asked looking at the map. A small dot was near the edge flashing yellow. "And why is the map flashing?" Marve didn't answer. She looked over to see if he was there, he wasn't. "Coward." Kim said. She moved her finger across the map on what was supposedly a path, her finger moved to the cave. "It's so far away." She said sighing. She looked at the path way ahead of her, it was all shades of red. She saw it lead into the ground. "Great." She said tucking the map into her packs bocket. She walked forward unwillingly. It seemed to get warmer as she moved closer to the underground path.

        The entrance to the underground path was larger then it seemed from farther away. She yawned and entered the cave. It must have been at least 90. F, if not more. "Ugh I knew I shouldn't have put a shirt under my tank top." Kim groaned and continued walking. Before long she sat down tired. She looked in the pack Marve had prepared to see if there was any water. She saw something sparkle in the pack while searching through it. It felt cool. Kim soon identifyed it as water and pulled it out. She drank nearly the entire bottle, around an inch was left.

        "Raaaaarrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!" Something roared.

        "Wh-what w-was that?" Kim asked herself trembling. She heard it again this time louder. She saw a large shadow from around the corner. A large creature was approaching. Kim looked around the room she didn't see anywere to hide. She would have to run back towards the entrance. She stood up quietly but quickly. She slipped her pack on and began to walk she then began to jog and was soon running. The creature was approaching her quickly she could hear it's breathing over her own. It was loud. Suddenly she was knocked down by a bolt of energy she rolled over a couple times and hit a wall. "Oww." She mumbled rubbing her shoulder.

        "Raaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!" The creature roared again and sent another energy bolt at Kim. She barely rolled out of the way.

        Kim had to think quickly. 'I'll have to find a way to get away from this... thing.' She thought. She looked around the room she saw a light that had the appearance of a street light. It wasn't to high up off the ground it was just low enough to be able to reach it. 'That works just fine.' She said running over to the street lamp. She waited for the monster to come after her. When it came close she jumped up and grabbed the piece of metal holding the light up. It was hot. She quickly pulled herself up. The monster ran and hit the base of the light. Kim stummbled a little, she jumped quickly before she fell. She landed on the monsters head. It's texture freaked her out, it felt like she was walking on jello. She wobbled on the monsters head and attempted to walk across it's head. The monster was now trying to throw her off.

        "Ahhh!" She screamed holding on to a horn that was on the monsters head. The monster sucked it's horns into it's head. "What the-" Kim couldn't finish. Before she knew it she was flying threw the air. She landed hardly, her vision became blurry soon she blacked out.

        The Monster snorted and picked Kim up in it's mouth. It growled lowly. Soon large bat like wings started to grow from it's back. The monster started to flap them. Soon it flew up towards the ceiling. It broke through and flew off into the sky.

        "Darnit! I'm so going to get fired for this!" Marve shouted turning into a large dragon. He had arrived only a few seconds after Kim was taken. He flew after the monster. He spotted it soon. "There you are." He said to himself. He blasted a fireball at the monster and flew towards it faster. The monster dived down several feet and continued to fly forward. Marve caught up to the monster and was flying above it now. He aimed a fireball down at it.

        The monster managed to dodge it. His tail got burnt a little. "Raarrggghhhh!" It roared and flew up towards Marve. The two circled around each other in the sky. They seemed to be having a discussion with low growls and roars. The monster flew above Marve and tried to hit him with it's spikey long tail. Marve flew to the side making the monster miss.

        "Just give her back and I wouln't need to hurt you!" Marve shouted. It sounded like a growl though.

        The monster growled back. "I wouln't. The Dark Lord will reward me generously if I take the choosen of ice to him."

        "I'm not going to let you." Marve growled and flew up next to the monster and swung his own tail at the it.

        "Hahahah! Don't make me laugh." It growled and dove down towards a large dark castle. Everything around the castle was dead. Several demon like creatures were flying around near the castle.

        Marve didn't think twice. He began to glow a firey red he burst in to flames. "I'm mad now!" He said angrily. He flew next to the monster and began to spit fire balls at it.

        The monster was hit in the side it roared and dropped Kim. Marve flew down and caught Kim on his back. "Phew." He said as he watched the monster fall towards the ground. Marve instantly started to fly back to Helfirion. "Man, I hope she gets up soon." He said. Before long they were long past Helfirion.

        Kim groaned and blinked slowly. "W-what happened." She asked not really realizing were she was. She then noticed she was in the clouds. "Aaaahhhhh!!" She screamed grabbing on to Marve's neck tightly.

        "Chill, were just about taken to the Dark Lord that's all." Marve said.

        "How can you tell me to 'chill' after that!?" She shouted.

        "Heheh, at least you didn't have to battle it in the sky like me." Marve said.

        "Yeah, but who just about got killed!" She shouted defensivilly.

        "Me, and then you." Marve replied avoiding a two headed bird..

        "Whatever." Kim said shaking her head.

        Marve sighed. "Man, I can't believe they assinged me to a brat like you."

        "Hey I'm not a brat! If anyone is a brat it's you! You're the one who chases me around in the jungle and spits slime at me, then shoves foul soup in my mouth, then after that come to the rescue extremelly late!" Kim shouted.

        "And who keeps yelling at me. It's not my fault I was assigned to you."

        "What do you mean assigned! I'm not homework!"

        "Do I have to explain everything to you?"

        "I'm in an entirely different world and you expect me to know everything, what did you expect a genius?"

        "Well, yeah."

        Kim let out an angry sigh. "Well then, I suggest you get a new 'assingment!"

        "Can't it's the rules."

        Kim sighed. "Are we almost there?" She asked frusterated.

        "Maybe." Marve replied getting out of the clouds. He flew downwards. From what Kim could see it was just a forest. Marve spiraled down put his feet out and landed several leaves blew away because of the wind coming from his wings. "Hmmm, yeah." He said.

        Kim jumped off Marve's back and looked around. "So is this there?" She asked.

        "No, this is here." Marve answered morphing into his human self.

        "Ugh! Can't you just be serious for once?" Kim asked.

        "Can't you just have fun for once?" Marve asked back.

        "Yeah, I just don't feel like it right now. One guess as to why."

        "That's not fair! Nobody could guess that with just one try."

        "Whatever. Were are we supposed to go?" Kim asked looking around at the foggy forest.

        "Follow me," Marve said walking forward into the thick fog. Soon he was out of view. Kim ran to catch up with him. He disappeared.

        "Not again. What a coward," Kim said angrilly and walked forward. She used her hands to make sure she didn't bump into anything. She soon saw a light shineing through the fog. She walked toward it. She saw a cave when she got closer. "I wonder if this is the cave I was supposed to find," She asked herself. She began to enter. She soon saw why there was such a bright light coming from the cave. Crystals lined the walls and a single lamp sat in the middle. The lamp was making the crystals shine brightly. "Wow," Kim muttered as she passed the lamp she thought she felt something. Nothing seemed different though. She put her hand on one of the crystal lined walls and ran her finger gently along the walls. She saw another light ahead. She thought she heard faint talking coming from the light. She ran towards it. What she saw amazed her even more then the crystal walls. She gasped in awe.

((Please excuse any typo's that I may have made. ))

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment