Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Nightkit's death

This is Daisykit's side of the story

Daisykit (C)to Me
Mossflower (Mama) (C) to me
Nightkit (c) to me
MoonClan (C) Dingocat
Wingstar (C) PrincessMarinia

Chapter 1 - Nightkit's death

Chapter 1 - Nightkit's death
Nightkit’s death
By MeiMei. Daisykit’s story


We were all in the nursery. Mama looked down at us “Daisykit, Nightkit, do you want to go out for a morning stroll?” She asked.
I leaped up to my feet
“Of course mother!” I mewed. Nightkit just looked at us. He slowly got up and stretched.
“Ok.” he meowed. Mama licked us both on the heads.
“Come then” she meowed, walking towards the exit of the nursery.
“Where are you all going?” One of the queens asked us. I turned my head around.
“We are going outside for a morning stroll?” I answered. The other queen lust looked at us, then laid her head down. We followed mama outside of the den. It was a cold gray morning. Nightkit started shivering.
“Mother, it’s too cold outside!” he complained “We all might get green cough” I looked at him.
“Oh come on Nightkit” I mewed tapping him with my tail. He stared at me, shivering. I arched my back and pounced on him. He swiftly turn away and batted me on my head with his paw. I tackled him, and play-bit his neck. He unsheathed his claws and slapped me in the face. It didn’t hurt that much, but it still hurt. I yowled a little bit. Mama came rushing over to us.
“What happened?” She asked.
“Um---- Well….. Nightkit, he clawed my face” I said. Mama turned to Nightkit
“Is this true??” she asked him. Nightkit looked up at her.
“Yes” he mewed weakly. Then he turned to me “You tattletale!” he yelled scornfully.
“Nightkit!” Mama scolded. “You know better than to harm your sister! I told you many times. You only claw cats, if they are trying to kidnap you or if they actually try to really harm you!”
Nightkit looked down at his paws “I’m sorry mother” The scornful look on Mama’s face, turned into a nice smile.
“Ok then. Come. Follow me” She meowed walking away. We ran after her. Nightkit started shivering again. I scooted closer to him. He smiled at me. I smiled back.
“Nightkit, Daisykit. Come here” Mama called back. We ran over to her.
“What is it Mother?” I asked. She looked down at us and then turn her head. She started sniffing the air
“Don’t you smell that?” She asked us.
“Smell what?” Nightkit mewed. I sniffed the air
“It’s a mouse, mama. IT’S a mouse!” the mouse ran in front of me. I pounced on it and killed it.
“Very good, Daisykit” Mother praised. Nightkit’s ears went down.
“I can hunt too” he mumbled softly. I turned to Nightkit, then back to mother.
“Here mother” I said while dropped the mouse in front of her. She smiled at me.
“Thanks Daisykit.” She bent down and started eating the mouse. When she was done, she looked at me.
“Mmmmmmm. That mouse was really delicious” She meowed, licking her lips. I smiled at her.
Suddenly we heard a shriek. It sounded like a kit.
“What was that?” I asked scared. I turned around “Where’s Nightkit?” I felt the fur on my neck stand up.
“Oh no” I heard Mama say. She sounded worried. She sniffed the ground.
“I found his scent” She said. She lifted her head up and started running in that direction. I scampered after her. I smelled blood.
“Oh no.” Mother shouted “NO!” I heard her cry. I saw her sitting down looking at something. I walked over to her. I looked down at what she was looking at. I was shocked and scared. There laying on the ground was Nightkit! Part of his ear looked like it was clawed off, and there was blood on his face and back.

Mama leaned down and gave him a quick lick.
“Oh my little kit.” She sounded sad. I saw Nightkit slowly lift his head
“M- Mother?” He started coughing out blood. He froze and his head fell to the ground. His body laid motionless in the dirt. He was breathing slowly.
“Nightkit? Nightkit!? No… NOOOOOOOOOO!” Mother shouted. My ears dropped down. I sniffed him, then started nudging him.
“Nightkit? Nightkit, please? Please no. I… need you.” I whined. His breathing stopped.
“NIGHTKIT!!!!!!!” I shouted.. Mother looked down at me.
“He’s…………….He’s gone, Daisykit. He is in StarClan now”

Mother picked up Nightkit’s body. She started walking back towards camp. I followed her. When we where back in MoonClan camp, Mama took Nightkit’s body and placed it down.
“What happened here?” The MoonClan leader, Wingstar asked.
“We don’t know.” Mother answered “I guess he wandered away from me and Daisykit and got attacked”
Wingstar looked down at Nightkit’s motionless body. I heard other’s coming. I turned my head around and I saw the other cat’s in MoonClan coming towards us. We all looked sad for the death of Nightkit. Mother laid down by his body and started sharing tongues with him. When she was done, she got up, walked over to me and nudged me. I walked over to him, laid down beside him, and started sharing tongues with him.
“I love you, brother. I’m really sad that you left us to be with StarClan. I wish me and you could be apprentices at the same time like we were supposed to.” I lick him and walked to mother. Her ears were still down. I walked slowly to the nursery. I laid down by the entrance. I saw the other cats in the sharing tongues with Nightkit one last time.

At night, I sat down right outside the nursery. I was mourning Nightkit.
“Nightkit, Why? Why did you have to leave me… I’m lost without you”
I felt wind bristling in my fur. I looked up and saw an image of Nightkit in the stars. I smiled sadly. “I love and miss you too Nightkit. I know you are happier where you are now.” I turned around and walked back in the nursery.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment