Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Tale 1: The Hunt Begins

Post season 4 fic! Gonna be short and have a sequel! Explains my rendition on how the hunt went!

Chapter 1 - Tale 1: The Hunt Begins

Chapter 1 - Tale 1: The Hunt Begins
The Hunt Begins
Tales of the Hunt

 
By MelMuff
 
Disclaimer & Author's Notes: I don't own ReBoot. It belongs to Mainframe Ent. This fan fic is something I've pondered since October 2002 and, during the Christmas holidays of that same year, I finally found time to write it up. It’s basically my own interpretation of what happens after season 4. I’m also going to try to not make this story too long because I want to focus mainly on it's sequel, which I have big plans for. I hope everyone enjoys what I wrote.

 

Tale #1: The Hunt Begins

 

Last time on ReBoot...

"Attention. As you are no doubt aware, the Principle Office is now under my complete control. You're probably looking forward to one of my erudite speeches about me, Megaframe, the new viral dawn, et cetera et cetera. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. There is no grand scheme here. This is about revenge. Viruses are predatory by design. And it is time for me to follow my function. Prepare yourselves for the hunt!"


~~~~~~~~~~

Dot, Hack and Slash are out in the corridor, just down a little ways from the war room. Dot has her two fingers on her temple and she is deep in thought while Hack and Slash are quivering in fear.
Both bots can't stand the silence anymore so Hack cautiously steps forward to Dot and says, "Umm...mam, I mean Dot...uhh..."
"WHAT???" she snapped back causing Hack to shrink back in fear.
Slash then steps forward and bravely speaks out, "Well Miss Matrix, me and Hack were just wondering if you've come up with a plan yet?"
"Boys, does it look like I've come up with a plan yet?" Dot sarcastically remarks. Both bots look at each other with sadness in their eyes. Dot groans in dismay and yells, "If you both continue to interrupt my thoughts, I WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR MYSELF THINK!!!" Both Hack and Slash raises their arms in defence fearing the wrath of the Command.com then Dot truly sees the fear that she is inflicting upon them and instantly regrets it. "Sorry boys! I...I didn't mean to sound so harsh. I see now that I'm becoming worst than Megabyte. *Giggles* And to answer your question, no, I haven't come up with a plan yet. I haven't had enough time to formulate one."
Hack and Slash look at each other then Slash says, "We're sorry too Dot. We should just shut and stop interrupting you and give you time to think of a plan. It's just that we are just as scared, angered, and frustrated as you are of Megabyte."
Hack clasps his hand over Slash's mouth and strictly says, "Shush! Geesh! Remember that we are not suppose to say that name."
Slash pries Hack's hand away from his mouth and says, "Uh...whatever Hack! I'm sick and tired of you constantly reminding me." Hack looks hurt. "Sorry Hack!"
Hack nods in understanding. "You're forgiven." They both hug then Hack lets go and says, "Now to what Slash was saying earlier is that we all feel the same about this whole situation. Right Slash?" Slash nods in agreement. "We no longer serve you know who. Our duty now is to protect you and assist you in anyway we can. So despite our past, if there's anyway we can help, just let us know."
"Yeah! What he said," Slash says as he points over at Hack.
These displays of action causes Dot to smile and brush aside a tear that slide down her face. "Thanks guys! Both of you! What you both have said was really sweet and heart-warming. Anyway, you're right! I do need help from the both of you. I'm sorry for yelling at you both earlier."
"It's okay Dot," Hack says.
"Yeah! We forgive you Dot," Slash adds.
"Right! What we need to do now is to pull ourselves together and work together as a team."
Hack raises his finger and points out the obvious, "Umm...we still need a plan."
"Uhh...yup!" Slash agrees.
Dot smirks and says, "And I think I've come up with one now. Okay! Gather round and listen! Here's what I need you each of you to do..."
As they huddle together while Dot explains the plan to them, they are suddenly interrupted by someone yelling, "DOT!!!" Hack and Slash peek around Dot to see who it is while Dot turns around abruptly fearing whom it might be.


~~~~~~~~~~

Bob and Matrix were standing in the corridor listening to Megabyte end his speech.
"Damn that no good rotten virus!" Matrix shouted as he pounded against a wall to vent out his anger. Luckily the wall stayed intact and didn't sustain any damage. "He's gonna pay for this."
Bob goes up to Matrix quickly and tries to pry his arm away from the wall. "Matrix, calm down! We need to be rational about this."
Matrix yanks his arm away from the wall and out of Bob's grasp then turns towards Bob and states, "BOB! ENOUGH OF THIS! It's serious this time. Not like the petty schemes he's launched in the past and the pitiful attempts to gain access to the Super Computer."
"I know. I know Matrix. But we still can't get all emotional about this. We need to stay calm and focus."
"Bob, yes we need to get all emotional about this. Just thinking about the situation and the past gets me all upset." Suddenly Matrix panics. "What about AndrAIa? Is she okay? What if he did something to her?"
Bob grabs a hold of Matrix's shoulders and continues trying to calm him down. "Matrix, I'm sure she's okay. She's a strong sprite."
Matrix steps away from Bob and roughly pushes Bob away from him. "You don't know that. I have to find her."
"And we'll do it together but..."
"Like I said before Bob, I've had enough of this such as your stupid theories. It's serious this time."
"My theories are not stupid." Bob shakes his head. "Anyway, this has nothing to do with my so-called radical ideas. Okay? This is about you needing to control your anger before you let it be the deletion of you, Enzo." Matrix finally realises that Bob is right and starts to breathe steadily. "That's is. Take deep long breaths Matrix."
Matrix opens his eyes, hangs his head low and says, "You're right Bob. I'm sorry. *Sighs* I always let my anger get the better of me." Matrix looks up at Bob. "Don't I?" Bob smirks and nods. "We need to stay calm, concentrate and focus on the situation at hand."
"Exactly! And we also need a plan."
"Yeah Bob! But we need my sister for that and we have no idea of where she could be."
"That's why we're going to go and find her."
"But we don't even know where to start looking."
"I do. Come on! Let's continue heading for the war room and start there. She couldn't have gone far from there. Who knows? We might even find AndrAIa and Mouse with her."
"All right Bob! Lets go!"
"Yeah! But before we go, don't ya think you should apologise to the poor innocent wall first."
Matrix laughs slightly then says, "Back to your usual joking, huh Bob?" Bob nods amusingly. In a sarcastic tone, Matrix says, "Well, I would apologise, if I felt like it."
Both of them laugh over what Matrix said then Bob says, "This way Matrix!" And they both get on their way.

 

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Nightbird on December 26, 2005, 1:32:02 AM

Nightbird on
NightbirdTyght! I despised the crappy ending to the movie. What the hell were the producers thinking? A show should never end with a cliffhanger!