Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Bob's Present for Dot

A fic that I wrote for a holiday fan fic contest that AvA was hosting on Mayhem's Boards.

Chapter 1 - Bob's Present for Dot

Chapter 1 - Bob's Present for Dot
Introducing Christmas to Mainframe
Introducing Christmas to Mainframe
 

By MelMuff

 
Disclaimer & Author's Notes: I don’t own ReBoot. It belongs to Mainframe Ent. I wrote this for a holiday fan fic contest that AvA was hosting on Mayhem’s Boards, in which I won first place. I’m just finally posting the story here on FanFiction.net. This takes place sometime after season 4. Megabyte is gone and Bob and Dot are together as a couple. And posting this story on this day, Feb. 13, also marks an anniversary for me. It was exactly a year ago when I posted my first work here at FanFiction.net. It was an extension to the song of “The Last Unicorn”. Anyway, if anyone is interested in reading my other works, please go to my profile to find them.

 

Chapter #1: Bob’s Present for Dot

 
Dot is sitting in a booth at her diner aimlessly doing work. Suddenly, something is dropped in front of her face and startles her. “Wha?” she says. She turns around and sees Bob standing behind her. “Oh! It’s you. You gave me quite a scare.” She turns back around to stare at the item in front of her. “What’s this for anyway?”
“Why Dot, don’t you know what it is?” he says slyly. “It’s something that the User celebrates so I thought I’d give it a try here in Mainframe. You’re the first person I’ve got a present for. So, Merry Christmas Dot!” he cheerfully says.
“Christmas? Ah! I’ve heard of it. Is that why everyone in Mainframe is putting up decorations? To celebrate this holiday?”
“Yep! I told Phong about it and in turn he told everyone else so I’m hoping it’s something that we can start celebrating around this time every hour.” Suddenly Bob scoots up besides her with head next to her. This sends chills up her back since she can feel his warm breath on her neck, which makes her nervous.
“You know, now you’ll have to get something for me.”
Dot turns to look at him. “Says who?”
Bob shrugs. “It’s how the tradition works, okay? Now open your present, please?”
Dot shakes her head in disbelief slightly and turns back towards the gift lying in front of her and starts to open it. She undoes the ribbon first. Then upon unwrapping the paper covering the gift, a box reveals itself. Lifting the lid of the box, she discovers one of the most beautiful things she’s ever seen laying inside. Her eyes are almost on the verge of tears. “Oh Bob! It’s beautiful." She turns to look at Bob, who’s grinning like a cat. “You shouldn’t have. I mean…you didn’t need to...”
“Yes, I did because I love you and you deserve this. Besides, it’s another way to show how much I love you.”
“But Bob, this must have cost you a fortune.”
“Well, I did get it imported from the Super Computer because you would never find something like this here. You’ll be the only one in Mainframe with this. It’s a one of a kind crystalline necklace from the Chrysalis Collection. Besides, you’re worth it. I love you very much and want to show you just how much. Money doesn’t matter to me but you matter so much.” He takes the necklace out of the box and puts it around Dot’s neck. When he finishes, he says, “There! You look so beautiful with it on.”
Dot turns around and grabs him. She hugs him fiercely saying a whole bunch of thank yous and I love yous to him then she kisses him passionately and he returns it with much fervor. They let go and she says, “Thanks Bob! This is one of the most beautiful presents that I’ve ever got. Merry Christmas Bob! And I will get you something too. You just got to give me some time to get things organized, okay?”
“Take all the time you need. I’m in no hurry. And you know you can wear it at the Christmas party that Phong is hosting at the Principal Office in three seconds. It would look great with that slinky black dress of yours.” There was a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
She playfully slaps Bob's arm. “Bob! Don’t you dare start, okay?”
“Okay! Okay! Now, why don’t we go find Enzo so I can give him his present?”
“I couldn’t agree with you more. Just give me a nano to close this account.”
“Sure! I’m in no rush.”
Dot quickly finishes some typing and shuts down the vidwindow. Then Bob kindly helps her out of the booth just like a gentleman would do.
“Okay Bob! I’m all done so lets go!”
“Sure! On the way here, I saw him playing over at the data dump with Frisket so I think that we should still be able to find him there.”
“All right then! Lets go!”
Bob and Dot exit the diner. Before they go anywhere, Bob says, “I also have something for Frisket too. If you want to know.”
Dot looks shocked. “I’m quite surprised.”
“Well, lets just say that I hope that this will get me on his good side. I honestly don’t have anything against him. I just wish he would like me. I never did anything to him. I know! His present for me can be to finally like me and accept me.”
“Well, I’ve never understood Frisket myself either. Let’s just hope that this plan of yours will work.”
Bob’s face drops. “It won’t work, will it? None of my plans ever work.”
Dot chuckles in response to what he said then raises an eyebrow and says, “True! But there’s always a first time for everything guardian.”
“Yeah! I just hope you’re right. I also hope that we’ll all have a Merry Christmas. The only sad thing is that it can’t snow here.”
“What’s snow?”
“It’s something that the user gets I think. This bunched of white stuff that falls from the sky and it has to be really cold for it to happen.”
“I see. It’s never cold here and we always have nice weather.”
“Yeah! Anyway, enough talk about this. Let's go and find Enzo.” Dot nods in agreement. Then they take out there zipboards and together they fly off to find Enzo.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment