Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - ch. 2

If Tidus and Yuna had a son, what would he write about in his journal?

Chapter 2 - ch. 2

Chapter 2 - ch. 2




June 25th



I most likely won't write in here much. What can I say, I'm the laziest protagonist that ever lived when it comes to written assignments. Ask Aunt Lulu, she'll agree to that. Now in blitzball or a regular old hike in the Besaid woods, I'm first in line if I didn't suggest it first. Dad says I need a hobby, as he and Uncle Wakka are almost always doing other things these days. Wakka's taking care of his second child, and Dad's off visiting Luca to deliver clothing materials and several other things like mineral ore and the like we find in some of Besaid's caves.



That's right. My dad, the famous guardian of Sin-Vanquishing Summoner Mom, has become a delivery boy during the Eternal Calm. Funny how these things work out huh? I find the sheer irony of it hilarious. After telling Mom this, she held her hand over her mouth and giggled, which is her way of laughing at something I say or do. You know, that amused kind of laugh that older people use when their younger peers say something they don't really find funny at all.





June 27th



As of yesterday, I've had this strange fascination with visiting Uncle Kimahri, another of Mom's former guardians, at Mt. Gagazet. But whether I'll be going or not is still up for debate. Dad says he needs me here to watch out for Mom, who has been growing steadily fatter in the past months. Why? I have no idea. She wouldn't even tell me on my birthday when I asked if she let herself have a tad too much of my cake. I asked Dad what Mom must be depressed about, since women mostly gain weight when they're upset or sad or something similar. He said this, “I'm not sure I can tell you what's up with her just yet. Be patient, ok son?” Patient? Me, Braskus, patient? Calling me a patient person is like calling a Ronso a cockroach. Insulting, funny to think of, and wildly inaccurate. That sums it up quite nicely.







June 30th



After much persisting, Aunt Lulu finally told me what's going on with Mom. She pregnant! Mom is frikking pregnant! I'm gonna be a big brother…which is actually a lot better for me than most people would think. Most older siblings feel a bit intimidated by a younger sibling stealing the spotlight, or so I've been told, but not me. A new baby means Mom and Dad will stop bugging me to hang around with them since most of their time will consist of cleaning out the poop collectors on an infant's rear. Get here as fast as you can little bro or sis.







July 3rd



Ok, so Mom has been about three months pregnant since I counted the days she began to show around my birthday. This means my baby brother or sister was conceived on or around May 23rd. I could be wrong, but Aunt Lulu said most women show around their second or third month of pregnancy. So the new arrival should be here sometime in January. That month just can't get here fast enough.





July 4th



Right now I'm on a ship heading to Luca for another blitz tournament. I feel kind of bad leaving Mom alone back home, but she's got Aunt Lulu and everyone else there to help her, not that the baby should give her trouble during these first couple of months anyway.



Oh yeah, back to the ship. Not much going on, just the boring prattle of sailors and other passengers. While I was writing on the upper platform on the ship, a girl about my age walked up and looked around before running to one of the railings. I didn't pay her much mind at first since I was writing to you here, but then she started staring at me. How did I know? I could feel her looking at me. I raised my eyebrow and stared right back at her. She wasn't really a bad looking girl really, but I wasn't much interested in girls at the time. If I had been, though, I would have found her long midnight colored hair, shining emerald eyes, and slim figure very appealing, but my hormones were very repressed and I felt nothing.



“What?” I asked. The girl stared at me and walked back down the stairs to the lower level, her long trenchcoat flowing out behind her as she walked. Her eyes gave me a studying look before she disappeared down the stairs. I shrugged before going back to observing the seas around the boat.



Later on in my cabin with Dad and Wakka, I pretended to be asleep as they spoke tentatively about another passenger they'd seen. From what I gathered, she was a woman who they both must have known before. From where, I don't know, but Wakka sounded a bit upset about seeing her and her family. He said she was with her husband and daughter, and he referred to her in a term I'm not even supposed to know. What could she have done to make them so mad? My curiosity got the better of me and after both Dad and Uncle Wakka were asleep, I tip-toed out of the cabin and went on the deck to find this family. I only saw the girl from earlier sitting dangerously near the edge of the boat, her sight fixed on the stars. A couple, her parents I thought, came up to join her. Quite a group if you ask me. If the girl was thirteen like me, then her parents would have to be in their thirties, which they looked much more in their mid-twenties instead. The father was very tall, about twenty-eight or twenty-nine in age, and wore a long, red tattered cloak, and mostly black clothing underneath. His hair was as dark as the girl's, going down almost to his waist. The weirdest parts of him were his eyes, red eyes in fact, and a long, clawlike gauntlet on his left arm. As for the mother, her hair was short trimmed with a braid on the right of her right eye. Her eyes were the same color as her daughter's, but were much brighter in disposition. She was dressed in a black trenchcoat much like her daughter's, and I could barely make out what they were saying. Something about visiting the mother's old friends at Guadosalam for a few days, then going right back home. Where this home was, I can't say, since the father turned his blood colored gaze at me. I hurried back to the cabin and tried to fall asleep. Easier said than done though, since that girl, her parents, and Wakka's apparent dislike for them kept coming back to me over and over again.



I hope we get to Luca soon.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CaptiainIndianaSolo on February 9, 2007, 10:52:55 AM

CaptiainIndianaSolo on
CaptiainIndianaSoloAWESOME!!! *favs*