Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Ch. 6

If Tidus and Yuna had a son, what would he write about in his journal?

Chapter 6 - Ch. 6

Chapter 6 - Ch. 6


So in this chapter, we have a direct reference to “Diary of A Madman's Son,” by thecat and thefiddle. Haven't read that story yet, then go do so soon. It's really good.





((6))



June 17th



That pretty girl seemed really excited to see Mom yesterday. Both my parents seem to know her from somewhere I guess. But Mom had this air about her that hid something. Dad did too, and I sensed a hint of…well, I couldn't really tell what it was. It felt like he was…uneasy. Like something was troubling him. When I asked him about it, he shook his head and denied it.



I learned that the pretty girl's name is Alice. Alice Valentine actually. She said that her mom used to be friends with my parents, but she left so suddenly and without warning one day. No one knew what happened to her until Wakka heard she'd gone to live with the Al-Bhed. As it turns out, she was also a good friend of the Guado boy's mother, a woman named Airella. The guy said his name was Seymour Reiko Guado Jr., but everyone just called him Reiko, which I thought was funny since Reiko is a girl's name…or so I've heard. He didn't like my saying so. In any case, I wondered just what was so horrible about the Al-Bhed since Wakka's first born son is named Vidina, which is the Al-Bhed word for “future.” Alice didn't want to talk about it much, so she went with Mom to buy supplies for her and Reiko's journey.



“We'll be leaving in two days, so best to stock up early,” she said. Reiko didn't talk much after she left. Actually, he barely spoke even when she was present. Reminds me a bit of Kimarhi, who never talks much unless necessary. Huh, weird.



Wakka doesn't seem to like Alice very much. He wouldn't look at her when she spoke to him about where to buy weapons, and I wondered just what his deal was. I mean, whatever problem he had with her mother was no reason to hold it against Alice. Children shouldn't be punished for what their parents did. Makes me wonder, just what was it Alice's mother did that made the people of Besaid speak ill of her behind her back? I mean, sure her living among the Al-Bhed would be a blow to the Yevonites who were her neighbors, but really…what in the Farplane did she do? Wakka won't tell me, neither will Dad or Mom. It bugs me when everyone knows something I don't and they won't explain it.



So now I'm just hanging around the house and making small talk with Reiko in between writing sentences. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything smart about this journal/book thing, but maybe he has one too…or he just doesn't care. It's probably the latter. I tried asking him about what he liked, to be hospitable (the guy's rooming with me for two days for Yevon's sake), but he just kept quiet most of the time. He did say he has two younger siblings named Megalla and Sergio who are about ten years old now. This reminds me of a time when Mom and Dad left the house a couple days a week when I was seven years old. Mom's friend Paine and Rikku (my mom's cousin) were helping a friend (Paine's friend actually) who had given birth to twins. So Mom decided to help them too. Naturally Dad went with her when she did. I never went, but I still remember the days when they'd leave and I'd stay with Wakka and Lulu for a while until they came home. Now, this wasn't because I wasn't invited to go (Mom even asked me if I wanted to play with Airella's son who was also my age), but I said no. I didn't want to go because…this is kinda embarrassing, but I didn't want to go because I was extremely shy when I was a kid. I still am. I'm much happier hanging with people I know than people I don't. Maybe Reiko (who seems to be interested in my now frenzied writing…I had to shut the book once to keep him from seeing, which is why there's a huge ink splotch on the right side of the page) and I would be friends if I had. Kind of weird writing about it when he's right here.





June 18th



I had a strange dream last night. I was standing in a huge field of multi-colored flowers that rivaled the rainbow itself, surrounded on three sides by magnificent waterfalls. A pale moon sat content in the sky far ahead of me, and pyreflies flew over and around me. Before I knew it, a man with darkly tanned skin, dark brown hair (same color as my roots), and clothes similar to Dad's guardian clothing stood in front of me. I recognized him instantly as my grandfather…Jecht. I could tell because he had a tattoo on his chest that looks like the emblem on my pant legs. He held out his hand to me, more pyreflies flying around us, and asked me to do something for him.



“Leave Besaid…go with Al-” he stopped talking as Raini woke me up. She was squealing about how she'd wet the bed again, and didn't want to tell Mom or Dad about it. I missed something important from Gramps because my sister's bladder can't hold itself. Geez.





I think I understand what Grandpa Jecht was trying to tell me. I have this strong feeling he wants me to go with Alice on her “soul searching” journey across Spira. Reminds me of the pilgrimage summoner's used to take to defeat Sin. Ah well, if Grandpa wants me to be the escort of a pretty girl like Alice, I'm certainly not complaining? Heh, I'll go ask her now.



She said yes, so long as I didn't get into trouble. Well ok, she was a bit reluctant to say yes and asked me all kinds of questions (like do I get seasick easy, can I handle fiends, am I scared of heights, etc.). After talking with my parents about it, it was decided I would go. So now I've finished packing away the things we'll need. Dad gave me his old sword, the Brotherhood, as a farewell present. To tell the truth, I'm a little bit nervous…well ok, a huge bit nervous, but I can't go chicken now. Reiko didn't seem to mind my coming with them, but he did give me an intimidating look. Maybe my staring at him for approval made him edgy.



“Keep yourself well, because if you die, neither Alice nor I would be able to send you. Wouldn't want an Unsent roaming around with us.” Then again, maybe he was just born with a stick up his butt.



June 19th



Raini was crying as I walked up the ramp to the ship with Alice and Reiko. She tried to come on the ship with us, but Dad held her tight and swung her up onto his shoulders. Mom had tears in her eyes as she hugged me, as did Aunt Lulu. I'm going to miss them, but this little journey would do me some good…or so my dad says. Hey, an adventure around Spira is better than staying on Besaid right?



I had to bunk with Reiko again, which wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't taken the top bunk. Alice slept in the room next to us, and kept the door locked all the time so I couldn't really talk to her much. Only Reiko, and he never really responds when spoken to.



The day passed by uneventful, but what do you expect when you're on a boat? I hope the rest of this journey is more exciting than today.



“It will be,” a voice in my head explained. Where that came from, I don't know. But the voice sounded so familiar.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment