Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 2: traninng

just a story I've been writeing in my spare time plz tell me what u think ^_^

Chapter 2 - chapter 2: traninng

Chapter 2 - chapter 2: traninng
Chapter TwoTo start my training I had to run miles through forests and mountains every morning to improve my stamina. After lunch, we moved on to combat training. By the time I was eleven, I was running many miles daily and combat training with weights on my arms and legs. Much time passed; until, one day my master watched while I trained. During one of the rest periods, he came up to me. “You are almost ready for the final test, young Miko.” He said, with a weary smile.“What is the final test, master?” I asked, both keen and nervous as to what he would reply. “It is a test of all you have learned here at the temple; though you have but one more skill to prove,” he said. He looked proudly down to me. “What skill would that be?” I asked puzzled. “You have yet to demonstrate your skill with the long sword; Go, then, and fetch them.” “Yes master.” Dutifully, off I went to fetch them; and when I had returned, my master had drawn a large circle in the dust of the sparring ring. He was stretching in the middle.As I returned, he looked up at me. “Good, hand me one. Now, stand in the circle facing me.” I did so; then in a flash he made a downward slash! I just had enough time to jump back, and he chuckled to himself. “Good, good… you are quick on your feet. As you should be. Now; attack me.” “Yes, master.” And as I said this I began to circle my master then I leaped at him with all my strength; he parried it like it was nothing. Swiftly, he counterattacked and I fell to the ground in a heap. “You have much to learn, young one.” He said as he helped me to my feet.“Can I ask you something master?” “Go ahead.”“Why were you on that road that night?” This, a question I had wanted to ask for a very long time. “The night before I came upon you, a very powerful Seer came to me as I was training and requested that we talk.” He paused for breath, “And you had best sit; for it is a long story she told.”So I sat, and looked at my master. “Well; here goes” he said; and he began… “The Seer stood across from me, and looked to the ground at her feet. ‘I fear that our fate has been placed in the hands of two mere children’, she said.‘What do you mean?’ I asked;‘Have you heard of the sword of souls?’ ‘Yes; though I fail to see what that has got to do with anything. It was lost, long ago’ She sat down, wearily; ‘I had a vision of two young girls setting out on a journey and coming across the sword of souls; though, merely a pair of girls, they did not recognise it. Needless to say, the sword soon fell in to the hands of evil.’ She paused, and looked me straight in the eye, ‘The vision then showed me the terrible death and destruction that would befall the world if such an event is ever allowed to happen.’‘Why, then, have you come to me? I am but a Warrior’ I replied, ‘And I do not see what I can do...’‘Tomorrow, one of the girls will be travelling south on the road that passes this place at sundown. I wish only that you would take her in, and train her.’I nodded, grimly. ‘I will do what I can. But what of the second girl?’‘I’ll see to her training. I will train her in the arts of sorcery.’ And with that, she turned and disappeared into the night.” “Quite a story, Master” I said in awe. “And, at the time she said, I found you.” He whispered; and fell quiet “I’ve… got to… think about all of this”, said I, walking away and leaving him in the sparring room. As I walked about the temple, my mind was whirling. How could I believe what my Master had told me? “How could a young girl like me save anything let alone the world!? I have so much to learn… ” Some time later, I returned to the room, to find my master sat where he had been when I had left. “Master… please, train me so I am strong enough.”“Alright” he nodded in agreement, “But it’s going to get a lot harder from now on. This is no easy task you choose. Do YOU think you can handle it?” he asked, looking at me.“Yes, Master.” I bowed to him; and in that moment, I was ready. I was determined to become the very best there ever was.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Trigons_apprentice on March 28, 2006, 7:03:04 AM

Trigons_apprentice on
Trigons_apprenticeOooohh,this story is getting good,pwease go on,pwease,pwease...pwease

Spirit_Dream_Inside on March 16, 2006, 7:11:31 AM

Spirit_Dream_Inside on
Spirit_Dream_InsideHey this is getting good. Can you please carry it on? *Pleads with eyes* prwetty pwease? ^_^