Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 3: fairwell

just a story I've been writeing in my spare time plz tell me what u think ^_^

Chapter 3 - chapter 3: fairwell

Chapter 3 - chapter 3: fairwell
Chapter ThreeBy the time I was fifteen I had gained many new skills. I had learned how to use a bow and arrow and how to use a sword and shield. I learned how to be stealthy; and how to mend clothes and how to treat my own wounds. Most important I learned how to catch my own food; and how to cook. My master said that I wouldn’t last long if I didn’t know how to be self-sufficient.“Miko…” Said my master one day, as we finished dinner. “You are almost ready to start your journey.”“What do you mean master?” I asked; But I knew exactly what he meant. I just wanted him to say it.“It is almost time for you to leave this temple, and to seek the sword of souls.” He replied calmly.I looked to the floor. “Yes, Master… I just don’t think I am ready yet; that’s all.” “Miko! You are more than ready; and you know all that I can teach. Now, once you have finished your dinner go fetch the long swords and meet me in the arena.” He told me. He sounded serious.“Yes master.” I nodded, meekly. When I’d finished, I went to get the swords, and just like last time my master had drawn a circle on the ground and was stretching in the middle.“Ah, there you are. As you know, to finish your training you must beat me.” he said, without pausing from his stretches. I entered the circle, and handed him one of the swords. “I know.” I said with determination.We began to circle each other; then I took a sweep at his legs! He jumped clear easily and lunged, trying to stab me in the stomach. I rolled away and jumped to my feet; then charged at him, but he simply sidestepped and tripped me. I got up, and thrust for the heart; but he parried and spun my sword out of my hands. I flipped back and caught my sword in midair.“You’ll have to do better then that to beat me.” My master said, a little out of breath.“Oh, I’m just warming up.” I said then I threw up my sword and as my master watched it I punched him in the stomach and kicked him in the head, he fell to the ground heavily.He rolled and jumped up to face me as I caught my sword. Again we circled each other I jumped up and swung down at my master’s head. Again he blocked me and kicked me in mid-air, and I tumbled across the circle and staggered to my feet. I began to gather my strength my master looked at me puzzled then he understood what I was doing and raised his sword to strike me down before I gathered my strength but he was to late as he struck I charged forward screaming a battle cry knocking him and his sword to the ground. I stood over him and said breathlessly, “did I do well?” The look of shock on his face changed to a smile “You did wonderfully, my student.” He chuckled and I helped him to get up.“That was a very strong last attack.” He said as we walked away from the arena “Really.” I said“Yes and I want to know is where you got all that strength from.” He asked“I don’t know all I know is that I was determined to beat you.” I replied “Interesting, very interesting…” he said, thoughtfully “Well… it is time for you to start your quest for the Sword of Souls.” He said, with a sad look.“I knew this day would come. But master; when you told me the story about why you were on that road so many years ago you mentioned another girl who would join me on my quest.” I saidHe chuckled, “I did, didn’t I... yes that is why you must go to the temple on top of Mount Angel.” “What a funny name for a mountain.” I laughed “Don’t mock the name it’s said that god named that mountain so it’s a holy place.” My master said, suddenly serious and with a frown. “Yes, master. I’ll get my things ready to leave.” As I walked to my sleeping quarters, my mind raced. And as I started to pack my stuff, I couldn’t believe that I had to leave! I loved it here at the temple. I saw no point in leaving, just because some seer had a vision about me and some other girl saving the world! In the end, after much thought, I decided to go anyway, partly as a favour to my master for training me; and partly for the adventure. What an opportunity!I headed to the gates and, hearing footsteps, I turned to see my master coming towards me.“Master; is some thing wrong?” I asked nervously.“No, no... Nothing is wrong, Miko. I just came out to say farewell, and to give you these.” As he spoke, he handed me a map and a sword, a bow and a quiver of arrows.“Thank you, master. I will never forget you.” I took them, and bowed to him respectfully. As I turned, I started to cry, turned back to him for a quick hug.Then, I turned out of the gates to start my quest. Onward, to Mount Angel.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Trigons_apprentice on March 28, 2006, 7:18:07 AM

Trigons_apprentice on
Trigons_apprenticeThis story is getting better by the second.Pwease tell me when you finish the 4th chapter